PDA

View Full Version : Successful Hunt in Pakistan

polojeff
01-14-2011, 9:02 AM
I just got back to Karachi from the best hunt of my entire life. Over the course of four days, I took 2 boar, a coyote, 3 doves, and a beautiful 41.5" (from skull to tip) ibex. Pakistan is indeed an incredible place. Anyway, I'll have pictures in an hour or two, when I get to a place with faster internet.

professionalcoyotehunter
01-14-2011, 9:20 AM
Great job! Cant wait to get pics.

CACitUP
01-14-2011, 9:22 AM
Hell, you could have atleast brought back Osama since you were there.........

professionalcoyotehunter
01-14-2011, 9:23 AM
He is not edible.

DannyInSoCal
01-14-2011, 9:25 AM
You coulda saved the trip and diarrhea by hunting in the states...

Breadfan
01-14-2011, 9:32 AM
:useless::useless:

swat
01-14-2011, 9:43 AM
When I read this I first thought it was a joke. Seriously, why would you go to a SH*T Hole like that? With the Taliban and all running around why take a chance. They aren't too fond of the USA over there.

I have a timeshare in Acapulco if you are interested? I also am organizing a hiking trip along the Iran/Iraq border for those who aren't faint hearted!:D

bigmike82
01-14-2011, 10:18 AM
"Seriously, why would you go to a SH*T Hole like that?"
Obviously, the OP didn't think it was a craphole. Pakistan has a lot of beautiful areas...it's not all just hajis and burkas.

Super Spy
01-14-2011, 10:31 AM
While parts of that region of the world are sheetholes.....there are some very nice spots. I grew up in the Saudi Arabia as my Dad worked for Aramco, and where we lived was a big sandbox. A short plane ride away in the mountains in the Asir area is beautiful and full of wildlife. I say Kudo's for having the cojones to hunt in an exotic locale.

Hate the extremists polluting Islam for their own evil purposes. Don't hate the region for having to endure worse BS than we do.

Fjold
01-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Congrats Jeff. It's nice to see that some on here have a little adventure in their souls.

rumblebee
01-14-2011, 11:02 AM
I agree with the below and congrats on your hunt :cheers2:

Besides that...if one lives their life in a bubble, is one really living??? Jack Handy

Congrats Jeff. It's nice to see that some on here have a little adventure in their souls.

mif_slim
01-14-2011, 11:33 AM
:useless::useless:

its because he's lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just to speed you up to upload the pictures! lol. ;)

swat
01-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Well if you are taken by the Taliban, do you expect Ex-Prez Bill Clinton to arrive and negotiate your release?

bigmike82
01-14-2011, 12:07 PM
"Well if you are taken by the Taliban, do you expect Ex-Prez Bill Clinton to arrive and negotiate your release? "
I'm pretty sure you're in more danger crossing the street, statistically speaking, than you are of getting taken by the Taliban while hunting in Pakistan...

rumblebee
01-14-2011, 12:31 PM
no pics???

I'm worried that polojeff may have been kidnapped by the taliban :shrug:..on the super secret squirrel phone with Ex prez Clinton right now!! :laugh:

Trapper
01-14-2011, 12:33 PM
He is not edible.

That's what MOST people say about coyote :)

hybridatsun350
01-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Sounds like an awesome trip, but they don't have coyotes over there. They're jackals. ;)

lol

Vtec44
01-14-2011, 1:13 PM
Sounds like an awesome trip, but they don't have coyotes over there. They're jackals. ;)

lol

hahahah I remember that discussion not too long ago...

dizzy
01-14-2011, 1:25 PM
so which weapons are legal for hunting game over there?

Coded-Dude
01-14-2011, 1:31 PM
from wikipedia

Pakistani citizens and special category of foreigners can legally own firearms. A license is required to purchase a firearm which involves payment of fees, a processing time ranging from a few days to months and registration of the firearm with the local authorities. Present laws allow ownership of handguns of any caliber (at one time this was restricted to an upper limit of .38-caliber). Shotguns above 12-gauge are not allowed. A civilian permit for a full-automatic weapon may be issued by a local police agency, but typically the firearm may not leave the state in which the permit was issued.source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_culture_in_Pakistan)

can't find much about laws regarding hunting in particular...

professionalcoyotehunter
01-14-2011, 1:36 PM

You know it is bad if I wont eat it.:D

Interloper
01-14-2011, 3:40 PM
Oh thank God. From the thread title I was expecting a necklace made out of human ears. :eek:

Big Jake
01-14-2011, 4:07 PM
He is not edible.

You could make jerky out of him PCH!:D

CACitUP
01-14-2011, 4:33 PM
Ya know, Im not buying it. I still think you might smoke him and eat him......

You know it is bad if I wont eat it.:D

professionalcoyotehunter
01-14-2011, 5:21 PM
With enough teriyaki and smoke it just might make it to my mouth.:D

sig line anyone?

kevinj308
01-14-2011, 5:36 PM
While parts of that region of the world are sheetholes.....there are some very nice spots. I grew up in the Saudi Arabia as my Dad worked for Aramco, and where we lived was a big sandbox. A short plane ride away in the mountains in the Asir area is beautiful and full of wildlife. I say Kudo's for having the cojones to hunt in an exotic locale.

Hate the extremists polluting Islam for their own evil purposes. Don't hate the region for having to endure worse BS than we do.

My wife's an Aramco Brat too, and you're right about that part of the world.

Khram
01-14-2011, 7:03 PM
Oh thank God. From the thread title I was expecting a necklace made out of human ears. :eek:

My dad knew 2 people that used to take ears. Please put pics and sometimes you need to live a little dangerously. I'd have 0 problems going to Acapulco (Mexico is not that scary people) and I'd like to visit the Afghan/Pakistan tribal border areas one day.

Fjold
01-14-2011, 8:27 PM
I worked in Quetta for a couple of weeks, which is in the middle of the tribal area on the Paki-Afghan border. The villagers there used to plaster donkey crap to the sides of their houses to dry it for winter fuel.

hk91666
01-14-2011, 8:47 PM
My wife's an Aramco Brat too, and you're right about that part of the world.

I was contracting over there in mid to late 70's . We would have loved to live like ARAMCO did, except we were rving it between 21 Airport sites in KSA and Yemen.There are some beautiful sites in the South Western mountain ranges near Khamis Mushayt and Abha. Picked up a very cool matchlock when I was there.

Saigon1965
01-14-2011, 8:52 PM
The things folks do around the world just to see tomorrow -

I worked in Quetta for a couple of weeks, which is in the middle of the tribal area on the Paki-Afghan border. The villagers there used to plaster donkey crap to the sides of their houses to dry it for winter fuel.

polojeff
01-15-2011, 2:52 PM
Again, I'm sorry about the wait for pics. I am currently staying at the Army base in Karachi as a guest of the Major General in charge. The photos are currently being uploaded to flickr but it may take some time.

As a response to those saying Pakistan is dangerous for an American, I have to say I have never felt unsafe. I have traveled through much of Sindh and have never had a single issue. Even in the poorer villages in the interior, everyone is just doing their thing, not causing an issue for anyone else. It is important to note, however, that I had a connection (through the general) with all of the major landowners in the areas we visited.

It was an amazing experience altogether, and certainly not one I could have had in the states. I have a blog on my experiences there with a few pics up already, link is here:

http://abroadpakistanjordan.blogspot.com/

I tried uploading just now and flickr is timing out because of the slow connection. The blog pics are all I have for now, so please have a read. BTW in the pics I am the white dude with the stupid grin

Saigon1965
01-15-2011, 6:35 PM
Here it is folks - Thanks for posting your thoughts on this - A lot of folks here won't even get out of their house it seems -

As a response to those saying Pakistan is dangerous for an American, I have to say I have never felt unsafe. I have traveled through much of Sindh and have never had a single issue. Even in the poorer villages in the interior, everyone is just doing their thing, not causing an issue for anyone else. It is important to note, however, that I had a connection (through the general) with all of the major landowners in the areas we visited.

It was an amazing experience altogether, and certainly not one I could have had in the states. I have a blog on my experiences there with a few pics up already, link is here:

HechoEnEastLos
01-15-2011, 7:02 PM
Did you take the coyote with you to pakistan to hunt it? They dont exist there.

Interloper
01-15-2011, 9:09 PM
Did you take the coyote with you to pakistan to hunt it? They dont exist there.

He's probably talking about this critter:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/88/Golden_jackal_small.jpg/220px-Golden_jackal_small.jpg

Golden Jackal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Jackal)

polojeff
01-15-2011, 9:42 PM
yes, I suppose I am. Our host called it a coyote and the bullet blew half of its face off so I had no reason to doubt it.

HechoEnEastLos
01-16-2011, 8:49 PM
yes, I suppose I am. Our host called it a coyote and the bullet blew half of its face off so I had no reason to doubt it.

Either way... sounds like a job well done. LOL! Did you use a caller or handcalls?

How did you get on the pigs? Glass and stalk?

polojeff
01-17-2011, 5:15 AM
I called them in by hand. We hunted the pigs at night with a spotlight.

rumblebee
01-17-2011, 4:26 PM
Nice pics and a good read on your blog, polo! congrats again