PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here of this?

nicki
01-14-2011, 2:53 AM
At gun shop today, in conversation clerk mentioned that the Cal DOJ has been making random audits on the "single shot off roster" handguns and visiting buyers and confiscating those guns.

Don't know if this is FUD, but if this happened to anyone it would seem that the "right people" would like to know about this.

Nicki

nagorb
01-14-2011, 2:58 AM
sounds like BS to me.

the_quark
01-14-2011, 3:05 AM
Certainly no one has been calling us on that as far as I've heard.

:fud:

dustoff31
01-14-2011, 3:17 AM
Just a guess, but it sounds more like a gun shop that doesn't want to get involved in the sale of those firearms trying to find reasons to justify that position. IOW, FUD.

Purple K
01-14-2011, 3:39 AM
Which gun shop?

Anchors
01-14-2011, 4:18 AM
Which gun shop?

^^^

Merc1138
01-14-2011, 4:25 AM
At gun shop today, in conversation clerk mentioned that the Cal DOJ has been making random audits on the "single shot off roster" handguns and visiting buyers and confiscating those guns.

Don't know if this is FUD, but if this happened to anyone it would seem that the "right people" would like to know about this.

Nicki

So the DOJ has been auditing shops and confiscating off roster guns from customers, and the first time you hear about this is at the gun shop with no prior mention of any instances of this on calguns?:fud:

It's more like they don't want to sell it to you and made up an excuse so you'd either buy something else or go away.

Fjold
01-14-2011, 6:53 AM
Sounds like the same kind of FUD that we've heard about OLLs since 2006

pitchbaby
01-14-2011, 7:04 AM
I hope this isn't considered a thread jack... Is this the single shot thing that allows the sale of Glock Gen 4's? Or am I really just being confused here?

Bruce
01-14-2011, 7:42 AM
Over the years, I noticed that a fair number of gun shop owners and their employees have a condescening attitude toward us peons. Sotra like computer geeks, if you know what I mean.
How did this come up in conversation, Nicki? Were you asking if that shop would process a "single-shot"?

xr650r
01-14-2011, 8:14 AM
I am not of this.

jamesob
01-14-2011, 8:15 AM
b.s. dealers can posses off roster handguns, they just can't sell them to the public.

HowardW56
01-14-2011, 8:22 AM
here, there, where...

I have not heard of this....

I didn't hear that.....

OK, wise *** mode off....

robcoe
01-14-2011, 8:39 AM
Sounds like BS to me, as far as I know you can modify a gun any way you want after getting it, so long as you don't destroy the serial number, make it full auto, convert a long gun to a handgun, or make it an AW.

putput
01-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Hello,

The Members of Local 21 Professional & Technical Engineers would like to inform you that we are closing your help desk request. The issue has been traced down to the location between the keyboard and the back of your chair. Since this area is not under our charter, we need to close this ticket.

Thanks for your continued support.
Your IT Team

-----------------------
Tips to help make your computing life easier.
1. Is the computer or power strip powered on? How about the monitor?
2. Is capslock on?
3. Your password needs to be a little more complex than "GOD".
4. No, the Internet will not fit on a floppy so you can view it on the plane.

:D :p

Over the years, I noticed that a fair number of gun shop owners and their employees have a condescening attitude toward us peons. Sotra like computer geeks, if you know what I mean.
How did this come up in conversation, Nicki? Were you asking if that shop would process a "single-shot"?

johnny_22
01-14-2011, 12:45 PM
My first off-the-list-purchase is on order right now! More details, please?

wildhawker
01-14-2011, 1:06 PM
I sat in on a DOJ audit of an 'edge' FFL recently (followed by an ATF audit), and have been quite involved in both DOJ Enforcement and ATF issues lately.

They (DOJ Enforcement) are not happy about single-shots, but there were no confiscations or DROS cancellations (trust that we'd be all over it if they had). I do expect them to (at least) lobby for elimination of, or a rulemaking for, the single-shot exemption.

DOJ Enforcement is getting aggressive in some areas which we need to be (and are) mindful of. However, we're not aware there have been any seizures of legal single-shot handguns from owners or FFLs to this time.

-Brandon

Anchors
01-14-2011, 2:52 PM
Hello,

The Members of Local 21 Professional & Technical Engineers would like to inform you that we are closing your help desk request. The issue has been traced down to the location between the keyboard and the back of your chair. Since this area is not under our charter, we need to close this ticket.

Thanks for your continued support.
Your IT Team

-----------------------
Tips to help make your computing life easier.
1. Is the computer or power strip powered on? How about the monitor?
2. Is capslock on?
3. Your password needs to be a little more complex than "GOD".
4. No, the Internet will not fit on a floppy so you can view it on the plane.

:D :p

Hahaha nice.

I sat in on a DOJ audit of an 'edge' FFL recently (followed by an ATF audit), and have been quite involved in both DOJ Enforcement and ATF issues lately.

They (DOJ Enforcement) are not happy about single-shots, but there were no confiscations or DROS cancellations (trust that we'd be all over it if they had). I do expect them to (at least) lobby for elimination of, or a rulemaking for, the single-shot exemption.

DOJ Enforcement is getting aggressive in some areas which we need to be (and are) mindful of. However, we're not aware there have been any seizures of legal single-shot handguns from owners or FFLs to this time.

-Brandon

Uh oh.

Paul S
01-14-2011, 3:45 PM
I am not of this.

Say what ??? :confused:

IGOTDIRT4U
01-14-2011, 3:52 PM

-Brandon

Heh, then we need to get a new "oll" movement started, something in the order of 100,000 single shot sales.

quick draw mcgraw
01-14-2011, 3:59 PM
Heh, then we need to get a new "oll" movement started, something in the order of 100,000 single shot sales.

+1

I'm in for an LCP, a couple AR pistols, and maybe something really exotic.

IGOTDIRT4U
01-14-2011, 4:01 PM
+1

I'm in for an LCP, a couple AR pistols, and maybe something really exotic.

Yep. LCP, Kimber Desert Warrior, and couple of Colt 1911's not on the list, to start.