PDA

View Full Version : Gun lockers or cabinets.

williamkwong
08-13-2006, 9:51 PM
Hi. I am wanting to purchase a gun locker or cabinet for the time being. I do not have room for a real safe yet. I was looking and see serveral by Stack-On and Sentry. However, I noticed all of the smaller ones were about 10" in depth. I measured my AR15 with a 20rd mag, and its getting pretty close. With optics, I dont think it will fit.

Those of you with these lockers or cabinets, can you please give me some insight?

chiefcrash
08-14-2006, 7:09 AM
i have a stack-on 8 gun cabinet. it's nothin' fancy, but it works. if you fill the bugger up, you'd definately need to take the scopes off your AR rifles. If you only need to but like 5 or so in it, a scoped AR will fit in just fine if you turn it so the mag well is pointing left or right...

williamkwong
08-14-2006, 7:22 AM
i have a stack-on 8 gun cabinet. it's nothin' fancy, but it works. if you fill the bugger up, you'd definately need to take the scopes off your AR rifles. If you only need to but like 5 or so in it, a scoped AR will fit in just fine if you turn it so the mag well is pointing left or right...

Thanks. Just what I wanted to know.

As of now, I have 3 ARs, a scoped 10/22, and a Mosin M44. Do you think I will have a problem with getting them all in?

GTKrockeTT
08-14-2006, 1:46 PM

As of now, I have 3 ARs, a scoped 10/22, and a Mosin M44. Do you think I will have a problem with getting them all in?

if it's a "7-gun" cabinent, it should fit fine. just don't expect room for a 6th. ;)

chiefcrash
08-14-2006, 2:29 PM

you should be ok