PDA

View Full Version : Bayonet Lug?

tacticalcity
08-13-2006, 8:07 PM
I know the Federal Ban that expired had an issue with Bayonet Lugs but does Califonia law have a problem with them?

The Soup Nazi
08-13-2006, 8:23 PM
Bayonets or the lugs aren't even otherwise weapons with perm attached bayos wouldn't be flying around.

tacticalcity
08-13-2006, 8:31 PM
Are they legal here in CA?

Mudvayne540ld
08-13-2006, 8:34 PM
yes
the bayonet, and the lug are both legal in CA
nothing in SB23 outlaws them.

blkA4alb
08-13-2006, 8:45 PM
Correct, bayonets were just a Federal thing and California does not have a problem with them (surprisingly :rolleyes: , we all know that bayonetings are on the rise.) So yes they are legal.

grammaton76
08-13-2006, 11:41 PM
Another thing the feds cared about, that CA doesn't mind, is threaded barrels on rifles. On handguns though, it's totally prohibited.

chiefcrash
08-14-2006, 8:27 AM
that's probably the only thing i'll give PRK credit for on their AW ban...

the Brady CamPAIN website complaines that there's "no sporting purpose for a bayonet lug"...

there's also no reason to fear the damn thing. people buy rifles to SHOOT things, not BAYONET things...

The Soup Nazi
08-14-2006, 8:42 AM
that's probably the only thing i'll give PRK credit for on their AW ban...

the Brady CamPAIN website complaines that there's "no sporting purpose for a bayonet lug"...

there's also no reason to fear the damn thing. people buy rifles to SHOOT things, not BAYONET things...

One of these days I'm going to prove you wrong and have someone take a picture of me doing a "drive-by bayoneting" from my dad's minivan in our garage.

Pokey
08-14-2006, 9:19 AM
Mail box bayoneting anyone???:D

The above content was intended as a joke and not meant to encourage or condone any illegal activities.:D :D

SemiAutoSam
08-14-2006, 9:29 AM
In the old days that was called mailbox jousting.

It was going to be made into an Olympic sport but too many contestants had their middles punched through by the improvised lance (usually made from a wooden 4x4) and it was declared illegal.

grammaton76
08-14-2006, 2:02 PM
One of these days I'm going to prove you wrong and have someone take a picture of me doing a "drive-by bayoneting" from my dad's minivan in our garage.

There's already a video out there, about drive-by bayonettings. If I can dig it up on my hard drive at home tonight, I'll PM you a link. Or heck, maybe just upload it somewhere.

Stanze
08-14-2006, 2:54 PM
Don't give the gun grabbers any credit, they'd probably ban 1913 picatinny rails if they were popular during the time of the bill writing.

Probably ban the color black on guns too if they could get away with it! Thank goodness people would cry "Racist!" on that one!:p

1BIGREK
08-14-2006, 5:39 PM
In the old days that was called mailbox jousting.

It was going to be made into an Olympic sport but too many contestants had their middles punched through by the improvised lance (usually made from a wooden 4x4) and it was declared illegal.

Dang Sam, how old does that make you if you remember that?!?!

anotherone
08-14-2006, 5:52 PM
Not only are bayonette lugs lawful in California but A1 and A2 20" builds look pretty kick a** with the M7 bayonette attached.