PDA

View Full Version : ITM build.Thanks Gram

rssslvr
08-13-2006, 2:02 PM
First off I would like to say thanks to Grammatron for helping me out with the build.I couldn't have done it with out you man.:)
My receiver seemed to be a little off (it most certainly was)but it ended up building a pretty nice rifle.There were a few problems with the build but nothing major.The thickness of the ITM made the build a little harder and I did have to remove some material from the stock so that it would fit right.Also my ITM was not totaly square but once the trunnions were riveted in place it seemed fine.I will give a range report as soon as I get a chance to take it out.Parts used were tapco G2 FCG,US made wood,ITM receiver and a Romy G parts kit.I still need to put some kind of finish on it but here is what it looks like now.Hopefully Gram can post some of the pics we took with his camera they were much better.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/favorate/pics010.jpg

JPglee1
08-13-2006, 2:04 PM
Looks good. Woulda been better as a SAIGA, but still looks cool.

Gram doesn't wanna call me back :D

J

rssslvr
08-13-2006, 2:08 PM
J
Yes he does.He said you called Friday and he missed your call but your number was blocked so he couldn't call ya back.Next time we should go out there together and go to the range.So J wanna go try out the new build with me soon.

JPglee1
08-13-2006, 2:12 PM
Ahh, well I left him a couple more messages since then LOL

I suppose he's a busy cat.

I think Im gonna sell my SAIGA parts, and my 7.75" AK kit... Im kinda burnt out on AKs.

Me want POF piston upper... :)

J

rssslvr
08-13-2006, 2:16 PM
Ahh, well I left him a couple more messages since then LOL

I suppose he's a busy cat.

I think Im gonna sell my SAIGA parts, and my 7.75" AK kit... Im kinda burnt out on AKs.

Me want POF piston upper... :)

J
Don't do it J:eek: :p
seriously you should build at least one AK type rifle but you should sell your 7.75" kit.Not much use for it

JPglee1
08-13-2006, 2:30 PM
Don't do it J:eek: :p
seriously you should build at least one AK type rifle but you should sell your 7.75" kit.Not much use for it

Yah but if I build an AK now Ive got (3) different calibers to keep track of...

If I can get a POF upper figured out, Im kissing the AK/SKS's goodbye... The only downside to an AR is the dirty DI gas system, if I could get a POF upper there'd be no reason for me to keep any AK stuff/parts.

Anyway I just hijacked your thread hahahaha.

Your rifle looks great. You should build your other one to take the SAIGA stock/parts.

Lets see some pics of it with a 30rd mag in it :)

J

rssslvr
08-13-2006, 2:46 PM
Well hopefully Gram will post the pics we took with his camera.They are much better.My camera sucks and only works when it wants to.

Guinness
08-13-2006, 8:01 PM
Looks great! Well done you two!

grammaton76
08-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Just got back from a Oceanside, actually. JP, tried calling you a few times today - the voicemail greeting said it was some design company, so at first I thought I had the wrong number. Left a message once, so phone tag rules say you're it! :)

I just uploaded the pics, although people hitting the link in the next couple minutes may not be able to zoom in all the way.

http://www.cheapspeech.com/Pics/Friends/Calguns/rssslvr/AkBuild20060812/

The pics don't do the stock justice - it's the prettiest fully built AK I've ever seen in person!
http://www.cheapspeech.com/Pics/Friends/Calguns/rssslvr/AkBuild20060812//s_dsc08481.jpg

I'll also say that that AK build yesterday (around 8 hours) inspired me to get off my rear and start actually doing things to my Romanian RPK. This morning, I pressed out the barrel pin - tonight, I'll probably press out the barrel so I can get started on the front trunion demil. That thing's been sitting around waiting to get built for too long now.

On an unrelated note, after a long hiatus from being available, Hellraiser 3 has just been released, and my gf and I are happily watching it.

rssslvr
08-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Hey Gram thanks for posting the pics:) Can't wait to see the RPK