PDA

View Full Version : Non AR/AK lowers

Cato
08-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Has anyone gotten anything else into the state? I've heard of Fals, but a little more interesting legally imported?

blkA4alb
08-12-2006, 11:16 PM
You can legally import any gun that is not listed and does not violate SB23 (removing the pistol grip PRIOR to importation solves this usually.) People have been building HK91 clones and other HK style clones.

Cato
08-12-2006, 11:20 PM
You can legally import any gun that is not listed and does not violate SB23 (removing the pistol grip PRIOR to importation solves this usually.) People have been building HK91 clones and other HK style clones.

JPglee1
08-12-2006, 11:21 PM

Yah... SW5 w/a cut off lower.

J

xenophobe
08-13-2006, 9:26 AM
Anyone interested in a Thompson? ;)

grammaton76
08-13-2006, 11:01 AM
I would've been interested in a Thompson, if I hadn't bought plenty of other stuff.

I'd REALLY love a PPsh (however you capitalize it), and put it in front of the Thompson, had I not bought the other stuff. :)

Geoff C
08-13-2006, 6:23 PM
With regard to CA-Legal conversions, I can't think of anything cooler than an M1A1-style Thompson.

http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/thompson.htm

rorschach
08-13-2006, 11:12 PM
A Thompson M1 would be the *****!!

I would say most people are opting for AR and AK builds because of the cost, the simplcity of the build, and the availability of parts.

It seems as though FALs, while being such bad***** rifles, arent as popular because the parts are a tad more expensive, and a bit more involved than an AR build. I would take an FAL over an AR any day of the week though.

HK builds seem very involved, with some welding required, and maybe pressing as well. JLD receivers are pretty popular for a G3 build, and Vector makes a nice HK93 receiver. Last week I was drooling over 2 Vector HK93 receivers, still in the white, that my dealer had received for one of his clients. I think they were 400 a pop. I dont know if they sell the MP5 stripped receivers, but I know they sell complete rifles, just not to California. I tried.

bwiese
08-13-2006, 11:41 PM
A Thompson-type gun would be a good OLL build esp if you had some hicap mags already laying around...

If you look at the Thompson stock configuration w/regards to the triggerguard, it appears you could make a new piece of 'furniture' that would allow a conventional rifle stock grip near the trigger, and that would come backward like a regular rifle stock. Might be a bit ugly, but it'd be useable and definitely CA-legal.

Thompson "Cutts compensators" would have to be thought about because of possibility of flash hiding properties. May be best to not have it on a detachable-magazine build....

mailman
08-14-2006, 9:18 AM
Do A Search For The "off List List" Post