PDA

View Full Version : Deleted

blackrazor
01-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Deleted

Knauga
01-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Every restaurant in Tombstone is posted (correctly) no guns. Also, the OK corral reenactment area is posted no guns on ONE door, the other entrance isn't posted, be careful. You are now allowed to carry concealed into a restaurant (that isn't posted) with a valid CCW. Arizona accepts everybody's CCW, so if you don't have California, get a Utah or even an Arizona non-res.

Arizona info (http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/arizona.pdf)

Also Arizona DPS (http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/)

Keep in mind, if posted correctly, signs have the force of law in Arizona.

Arizona doesn't care what gun you bring into the state as long as it isn't an unlicensed NFA weapon. Familiarize yourself with Arizona's laws from a real source, you don't want to be an accidental felon.

tango-52
01-13-2011, 5:23 AM
In addition to Kanauga's observations, provided you are over 21 years old and not a prohibited person (felon, illegal, etc.) you may carry concealed without a permit, but not in restaurants that serve alcohol, posted or not. Arizona is also an open-carry state. But be sure to check their laws before you go.

Quiet
01-13-2011, 6:44 AM
1) Can I carry there now without a CCW, open or concealed, loaded or not?

2) Is there anywhere in Tombstone I can't open or concealed carry?

3) Can I carry in a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol (assuming I don't drink).

4) I assume no permits, police notification, registration, or other nonsense applies to my taking of a revolver into the state of AZ, correct?

5) Can I bring ammo and a pistol in checked luggage at the airport? Do they have to be in separate locked containers?

6) Can I have a revolver, loaded or unloaded, anywhere I like while I'm in a vehicle (again, without a permit)?

1) Yes.
2) Don't know, never been to Tombstone.
3) No. Yes, if you have a valid CCW permit and the resturant does not have a posted "no guns" sign.
4) Yes.
5) Yes.
6) Yes.

J.D.Allen
01-13-2011, 7:20 AM
Welcome,

I hope you have a good stay here in our free state.

You can carry either open or concealed, whatever revolver you wish, loaded or not without the need of any permit. Don't go into any restaurants that serve alcohol or bars unless you have a CCW from your home state. If you do have a CCW and you go into one of those establishments, you cannot carry openly, it must be concealed.

Check carefully the entrance of any business or private property you go into for no firearms signs. There usually aren't many, but they are there. Even if not posted with a no firearms sign, if an employee or representative of the private establishment asks you to leave or put your gun in your car, you must comply, or you can be charged with trespassing.

Something else that doesn't get much attention. Remember, if you have a loaded concealed firearm in your car you have done nothing wrong. However, if you are pulled over or stopped by LE, if they ask you if you have any weapons you must tell them the truth. If they ask for the weapon you must surrender it to them for the duration of the stop. They have to give it back to you when they let you go.

Don't carry on any Indian reservation land, the laws are different, and can be confusing. If you are just passing through in your car on a highway you can still have your weapon loaded in your car though.

Have a good time! :thumbsup:

N6ATF
01-13-2011, 11:41 PM
The alcohol-serving establishment victim disarmament is BS, unless it's legal to OC there. Those that don't drink shouldn't have to look for liquor licenses or whatever online before they decide whether to accept invitations to go out. If they OC, then they don't get served alcohol, simple. Designated driver/designated defender.

the_quark
01-14-2011, 1:40 AM
Since all the Arizona-specific stuff has been answered:

5) Can I bring ammo and a pistol in checked luggage at the airport? Do they have to be in separate locked containers?

You need to pack any firearms in a hard-sided, locking case, and the locks have to be ones the TSA can't get into. That hard-sided case can (but doesn't have to) go into other luggage if you'd like to make it less obvious you have a firearm. The firearm must be unloaded.

From TSA's perspective, they don't care as much about ammo. It can go in the same hard-sided case. It does need to be "securely packed" (not loose in the bag).

The airline itself may have additional regulations about the storage of ammunition, which you are theoretically bound to follow. However, in practice, you don't really deal with the airline's people in this process. Personally speaking, I keep some empty ammunition boxes of the type that have a grid in which each individual cartridge gets its own square, and unload all my magazines into that before flying. That step is probably unnecessary - I know when I've flown with hoffmang, he leaves his magazines loaded. Though, it's probably not a bad idea to have such empty boxes along in the unlikely event you run into a TSA agent that actually knows the regulations.

As a practical matter, I'd add on an additional twenty minutes if you're checking a firearm. Go to check luggage as per normal, and tell the gate agent "I'm checking a firearm." The way it works varies from airport to airport, but, generally, the agent will take you and your bags off to a special TSA room or area, and hand you off to a TSA agent. That agent will then hand-inspect (and search) any bag with a firearm in it, verify the hard-sidedness and locks, etc. They'll generally ask you if it's unloaded, but won't generally verify to see that it is. Then, they'll take your bag, and you're on your own.

Wrangler John
01-14-2011, 2:38 AM
My friend, who lived in Arizona and visited Tombstone many times, told me to carry cash, as they don't take checks or credit cards in many places. Check if there's an available ATM if you are going. That could be a bigger hassle than guns.

Anchors
01-14-2011, 3:13 AM
I'm going to spend this weekend in Tombstone, AZ, and had some gun/legal related questions before I head out.

1) Can I carry there now without a CCW, open or concealed, loaded or not?

YES. Loaded.

2) Is there anywhere in Tombstone I can't open or concealed carry?

Aside from the normal places (Federal buildings, etc) no, except for private property with a "no firearms allowed" sign that is posted correctly (there are actually rules in the statue as to how big the letters have to be and which picture and font is used. They all look the same.

3) Can I carry in a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol (assuming I don't drink).

My understanding is that you may not unless you have an AZ CCW. Otherwise you can't carry to a place who's primary business is serving liquor like a bar or club. You can still carry it to Rubio's Mexican Food even though they serve beer, etc and you can carry it to any place that sells bottled liquor as well. This is one of the benefits to Arizona folk actually still getting the CCW (but not the only one)

I could be wrong on this one.

4) I assume no permits, police notification, registration, or other nonsense applies to my taking of a revolver into the state of AZ, correct?

You assume correctly.

Checked. Yes. I believe there is a thread here that covers in amazing detail the rules for this. I'm sure someone will be along with it. Make some popcorn because it is a long, but good, read.

6) Can I have a revolver, loaded or unloaded, anywhere I like while I'm in a vehicle (again, without a permit)?

Yes. You can have it on the dash, in the glove box, under the seat, in your lap, in your holster, in your pants, in your mouth, in your burrito. Arizona rules!

I don't want to head out to a great free state like AZ and get thrown in prison for 5 years like the guy who brought his pistol into New Jersey. I know AZ is a gun friendly state, but there always seems to be some obscure law that catches the out-of-towner off guard.

TIA for any help!

Answers in bold. Have fun in the happiest place on earth!