PDA

View Full Version : Sgvgc

glockk9mm
08-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know if the SanGabriel Vally Gun Club gets full on weekends? Planning on going there next saturday at arround 3:00p.m. to try my bushmaster carbon-15.

Hitman
08-12-2006, 1:50 PM
You might want to get there earlier as they close at about 4:30pm so you have more time to shoot.

The SoCal Gunner
08-12-2006, 5:52 PM
I will be going there next week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday, to test out my ar build and also my new bday present from my gf. I don't have work or school yet so I'm sure a weekday will be less empty.

What kind of targets do they allow you to use?

glockk9mm
08-12-2006, 6:37 PM
You might want to get there earlier as they close at about 4:30pm so you have more time to shoot.

Oh man this stinks, i thought they closed later. I dont get out of work till 2:00p.m. I guess i might have to wait till I get another saturday off.

BamBam-31
08-12-2006, 7:25 PM
Those are the old hours. As of last week, they close at 4:00pm. If you get there at three, with the line breaks factored in, you'll prolly have about 35 min.'s worth of shooting for $11.

AND, this might be their last month in business. They cut back their hours of operation from 4:45pm to 4:00pm in hopes that it'll buy them another year's extension from Asuza. Nobody knows if it was enough, not even the workers. The employees I've talked to don't even know if they'll still be employed. No one tells them anything, so they just show up in hopes that the range is still open.

Major suckage. :mad:

glockk9mm
08-14-2006, 7:41 PM
this might be their last month in business. They cut back their hours of operation from 4:45pm to 4:00pm in hopes that it'll buy them another year's extension from Asuza. Nobody knows if it was enough, not even the workers. The employees I've talked to don't even know if they'll still be employed. No one tells them anything, so they just show up in hopes that the range is still open.

ofcourse, now that I got a bushmaster they might close. MY luck. whats left around the L.A. area where one can go shoot .223?

anotherted
08-14-2006, 8:40 PM
Saturdays and sundays it can get pretty packed until around 1-2pm. After that you can pretty much have any bench you want.

On weekdays its a Ghost town.

glockk9mm,

Goto burro to shoot anything you like.

lilxboi,

you shoot their targets and their targets only. They are wood framed paper bullzeye targets (about 1.5' x 5').

The SoCal Gunner
08-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Does anyone know the cost of additional targets? Would it be okay to sticky one of those shoot-n-see targets over their target?

Also is the rifle and pistol range the same? Say I get a bench to shoot my AR, can I sit there and shoot my pistols also?

Thanks.

vrylak
08-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Those are the old hours. As of last week, they close at 4:00pm. If you get there at three, with the line breaks factored in, you'll prolly have about 35 min.'s worth of shooting for $11.

AND, this might be their last month in business. They cut back their hours of operation from 4:45pm to 4:00pm in hopes that it'll buy them another year's extension from Asuza. Nobody knows if it was enough, not even the workers. The employees I've talked to don't even know if they'll still be employed. No one tells them anything, so they just show up in hopes that the range is still open.

Oh, man, that really Sucks big time. Was just there a couple of weeks ago.

Yup, you could use your pistol and rifle from the same bench.

akjunkie
08-15-2006, 11:51 AM
try calling them.......

http://www.sgvgc.com

http://www.burrocanyon.com

rumor has it SG gunclub is merging/partnering with Burro Canyon.

BC has been upgrading/modifying their Ranges past several months.. maybe expecting an Influx of customers from SG.

anotherted
08-16-2006, 4:40 PM
Does anyone know the cost of additional targets? Would it be okay to sticky one of those shoot-n-see targets over their target?

Also is the rifle and pistol range the same? Say I get a bench to shoot my AR, can I sit there and shoot my pistols also?

Thanks.

I believe additional inserts are around a buck or 2. Yeah you can stick those things on if you want.

There are a certain number of benches on the office side that have places to mount your targets at something lilke 15yds/25yds/50yds/100yds. You can shoot handguns and rifles at any of the benches. You cannot, however shoot shotguns anywhere but the trap/skeet stations unless you are shooting slugs.

glockk9mm
09-03-2006, 10:34 PM
So does anyone know if they are still closing the gun club? I am thinking of going next week. I noticed they close at around 3:00 now on weekdays.

The SoCal Gunner
09-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Check out their website and find the link to join their yahoo group. They post updates every now and then about the status. I went last week Wednesday and I'm sure they are still open just not sure for how much longer.