PDA

View Full Version : Cheap BP Supplies in the Bay Area?

dubious
01-12-2011, 3:10 PM
Hi folks, I live in Santa Cruz and recently got a pietta 1851 revolver. Now I just need to figure out what to feed it. Our local Watsonville shop, Markleys has Pyrodex P for $30 / lb. That's a little bit steep... online it sells for $17 /lb. Does anybody have any advice on where to find a good deal on Powders, Balls, Wadding, a Nipple Wrench, and a capper in the bay area?

6mmintl
01-13-2011, 7:25 AM
Buy online thegunworks.com

dubious
01-13-2011, 8:29 AM
That's a cool site, but they dont seem to sell any powder. I may order some tools and a holster from them, though. My question still stands... any good local deals on this stuff?

tpuig
01-13-2011, 11:55 AM
A bit of a drive, but Tabor's in San Bruno usually has some BP stuff in stock. You can also check out Cabela's and Midway online. Hazmat shipping fees will balance out if you make a bigger purchase online.

Tallship
01-13-2011, 2:26 PM
A bit of a drive, but Tabor's in San Bruno usually has some BP stuff in stock. You can also check out Cabela's and Midway online. Hazmat shipping fees will balance out if you make a bigger purchase online.

Yeah, just don't purchase more than five pounds! :43:

a.tinkerer
01-13-2011, 4:10 PM
There used to be a shop in Castro Valley that stocked Black Powder, caps, flints, cleaning supplies etc.
It was called Castro Valley Gun Store - and was bought by an outfit called Bullseye.
I don't know what's become of the shop since, but it's worth a shot.

Also, Old West Gun Room in El Cerrito stocks Black Powder and supplies.

Don't expect a shop to be competitive with online distributors.
Instead, realize and value the "Opportunity to Purchase" and have fun shooting your rig!

Cheers
Tinker