PDA

View Full Version : Is this legal to PURCHASE in CA? Shotgun stocks...

hawkeye
01-12-2011, 3:09 PM
Is the Hogue over molded pistol grip as seen here (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=556440) legal to order in this state? Are there websites that will ship them to CA? If not legal to purchase or own...which states is it legal in?

AK4me
01-12-2011, 3:15 PM
yes, as long as your shotgun still meets the OAL of 26"

Kharn
01-12-2011, 3:23 PM
Save your teeth and stick with a conventional stock, Hogue makes a very short one with a 11" LOP IIRC.

MasterYong
01-12-2011, 3:30 PM
Yes it's legal.

Most gun parts are legal to purchase in CA, it's how you install them that most often lands you in trouble.

Kharn: how would not getting that "save his teeth?" It's for a stock-less shotgun, it's the ones that have a buttstock AND a pistol grip that bite ya! :43:

WoodTurner
01-12-2011, 4:44 PM
Has to be on a pump shotgun as well. No-Go on a semi auto

ke6guj
01-12-2011, 4:51 PM
Has to be on a pump shotgun as well. No-Go on a semi autoincorrect. you can run PG-only on a semi-auto shotgun if you wanted. Follow the shotgun AW chart for more info.

hawkeye
01-12-2011, 5:04 PM
Thanks everyone!

I also checked the AW Shotgun chart and found plenty more stuff...

Kharn
01-12-2011, 5:17 PM
Yes it's legal.

Most gun parts are legal to purchase in CA, it's how you install them that most often lands you in trouble.

Kharn: how would not getting that "save his teeth?" It's for a stock-less shotgun, it's the ones that have a buttstock AND a pistol grip that bite ya! :43:I quickly changed the SBS in my avatar to have the shortest LOP stock I could find after fearing I needed to get a dentist visit on a Sunday afternoon when I did not manage to keep my grip on the forearm and the grip came back at me much faster than I anticipated. Stout buckshot should only be used with a stock. Or a mouth-guard. :oops:

Grip + stock shotguns aren't a problem, keep your thumb alongside the top of your hand for the first few shots until you're used to the loads you're shooting.

WoodTurner
01-12-2011, 5:33 PM
incorrect. you can run PG-only on a semi-auto shotgun if you wanted. Follow the shotgun AW chart for more info.

Ahh, thanks. Guess I didn't read it close enough before.