PDA

View Full Version : The Flowchart Works!

rodeoflyer
01-12-2011, 8:27 AM
So I took my broken AR to the gunsmith last night. I go to open my bag, and a guy in there says "That looks like an illegal assault rifle to me." He didn't know I recognized him. My town is really small, so it's easy to remember the LEO's that have been around for years. This guy has pulled me over several times lol.

Anyhow, I immediately smiled and pulled a copy of the flowchart out of my bag and handed it to him. He was impressed and said "**** LAPD would be arresting you already. This is perfect. You're a smart man."

Thanks Calguns! :clap:

DTOM CA!
01-12-2011, 8:56 AM
It would only be illegal if you did not register an assault rifle (which yours was not). Guilty until proven innocent. You should have left him a copy.

gunsmithcats
01-12-2011, 8:58 AM
Good to see sensible LEO out there, hope he passes on copies to his department!

Kerplow
01-12-2011, 10:04 AM
I like how he instantly assumes it's illegal. :rolleyes: at least he wasn't blind to the flowchartm

choprzrul
01-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Laminate it and post it at your local range:

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac214/choprzrul/IMAG0165.jpg

furyous68
01-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Laminate it and post it at your local range:

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac214/choprzrul/IMAG0165.jpg

Hey! I recognize that framing..... SLOSA Range off Hwy 1 right?? :D

RJonesUSC
01-12-2011, 10:55 AM

Love that range. I have family up there in Pismo and we hit that range every time I visit.

PsychGuy274
01-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Congratulations! And good job spreading the word!

choprzrul
01-12-2011, 11:12 AM

Correct. After hearing, seeing, and experiencing too much FUD, I got proactive and put up the flowchart. Hope that it helps with AW ID and is a positive promotion for CGF & CGN.

Next, I am going to have to print off a copy of 12280(k) for one of the young RSOs.

SteveMartin
01-12-2011, 12:27 PM
So I took my broken AR to the gunsmith last night. I go to open my bag, and a guy in there says "That looks like an illegal assault rifle to me." He didn't know I recognized him. My town is really small, so it's easy to remember the LEO's that have been around for years. This guy has pulled me over several times lol.

Anyhow, I immediately smiled and pulled a copy of the flowchart out of my bag and handed it to him. He was impressed and said "**** LAPD would be arresting you already. This is perfect. You're a smart man."

Thanks Calguns! :clap:

You keep a guy in your bag?

:)