PDA

View Full Version : Dsa Ar-15 Oll

Vigilante
08-11-2006, 2:47 PM
I just picked up 2 of them today. Just wanted to know what you guys thought of these since I haven't heard much of anything about them.

russthechamp
08-11-2006, 2:50 PM
there terrible you overpayed somebody ban this guy...

seriously though I was wondering the same thing, about the quality of the DSA lowers.

Blue
08-11-2006, 2:57 PM
I'd imagine they're pretty good, their FAL receivers are top notch.

blkA4alb
08-11-2006, 3:02 PM
At first glance I thought you said DSA AR-15 oil. AR-15 oil? Just use regular gun oil :D .

ohsmily
08-11-2006, 3:35 PM
there terrible you overpayed somebody ban this guy

Huh?

bwiese
08-11-2006, 3:38 PM
Ah, newbies are always worried about lower quality...

.... but all forged 'milspec' lowers other than Vulcans and carbon-fiber Bushmasters, will build 100% reliable, accurate rifles. (The Bushy carbon fiber lower will too, I just dunno about long-term lifespan.)

The lower doesn't do much work other than holding things together. As long as the holes are drilled in proper positions and in proper relation to the magwell and receiver extension tube...

Actually from reports by vendors on ARFcom there are issues with upper receivers - MSTN reports they use only 1 out of 3 uppers, even from a variety of 'name' vendors - Wes finds problems with upper rcvrs being warped upward, threading not square, twisted uppers, too loose or too tight inside, barrel extension area too loose, etc. For most folks this may not be important.

Vigilante
08-11-2006, 3:39 PM
there terrible you overpayed somebody ban this guy...
Don't worry he's just joking.

I knew that DSA made great FALs, but I haven't heard anything on their AR-15s. Anybody have one?

rssslvr
08-11-2006, 3:57 PM
I have a DSA lower and it works just fine.But as Bill said most all mil spec lowers will build a good rifle.