PDA

View Full Version : Keeping our enemies close..or at least keeping an eye on them.

BluNorthern
01-11-2011, 5:37 PM
I know how we all feel about MSNBC and see a lot of posts where the sentiment is 'I'm not gonna watch that liberal garbage..etc, etc.'
I understand totally but I watch it in small doses because I really think it's important to be aware of just how radical and out of bounds some of the commentary is on that network. Rachel Maddow is on right now, and she is over the top with anti 2nd amendment rhetoric. I know that this crap is against what we all believe and is hard to watch...but....

"It is wise to study the ways of ones adversary. Donít you think"?....Jack Ryan, Hunt for Red October.

I think it is vital that we know and keep abreast of their arguments and false truths, it helps us counter them and allows us to see precisely how vehement and dedicated they are to their agenda. It's scary, they really hate us.

Skidmark
01-11-2011, 5:44 PM
I know how we all feel about MSNBC and see a lot of posts where the sentiment is 'I'm not gonna watch that liberal garbage..etc, etc.'
I understand totally but I watch it in small doses because I really think it's important to be aware of just how radical and out of bounds some of the commentary is on that network. Rachel Maddow is on right now, and she is over the top with anti 2nd amendment rhetoric. I know that this crap is against what we all believe and is hard to watch...but....

"It is wise to study the ways of ones adversary. Donít you think"?....Jack Ryan, Hunt for Red October.

I think it is vital that we know and keep abreast of their arguments and false truths, it helps us counter them and allows us to see precisely how vehement and dedicated they are to their agenda. It's scary, they really hate us.

I use the same approach to keep tabs on the false truths and out of bounds commentary on FOX and EIB.

spgripside
01-11-2011, 5:45 PM

No doubt. Sickening but true.

BluNorthern
01-11-2011, 6:13 PM
Boxer is on Laurence O' Donnell right now...I'm getting a snort of Makers Mark.

jpigeon
01-11-2011, 6:27 PM
Looks like the enemies found their way to calguns by the looks of some of these threads. The dark side(Brady Campaign to disarm America) must be posting some of these threads I've been seeing lately.

NorCal MedTac
01-11-2011, 6:33 PM
Looks like the enemies found their way to calguns by the looks of some of these threads. The dark side(Brady Campaign to disarm America) must be posting some of these threads I've been seeing lately.

Which ones?

Glock_Toter
01-11-2011, 6:51 PM
There have been a few posts. This being one where the enemy is probably watching pro gun and possibly stirring some S*&@

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=382950

zoglog
01-11-2011, 6:54 PM
Enemies? seriously... why so antagonistic?

you guys have to overdramatize everything don't you? They're freaking stupid Cable News networks.... get over it....

sawchain
01-11-2011, 7:17 PM
Any cable network that tries to convince people to vote my rights away is my enemy.

Apocalypsenerd
01-11-2011, 7:53 PM
My analysis:

I watch MSNBC almost every night. The issues they champion are almost always hard left, but they have begun using the Fox News business model, sans hot chicks.

They are a profitable business, but with nowhere near the following of Fox or the mainstream media. I doubt they will be able to improve their ratings much, unless one of the other liberal media outlets goes under.

Arguably, MSNBC almost entirely, and much of Fox news as well, are tired and boring. It is rare you see someone on either network apply a rational analysis to a current issue. The best example being gun control. None of the talking heads on either network will discuss the neutral research that shows that guns do not cause more crime. They only discuss the explosive claims one side or the other makes. It is more like a soap opera than actual analysis.

Typically though, if the Republicans are for it, MSNBC is against it. If the Democrats are for it, Fox is against it. Fox has a better business model in that it fills a niche that no tv outlet does. Most of TV media is left leaning, which means there are a lot of starving conservatives looking for a tv channel to call home.

DemocracyEnaction
01-11-2011, 8:01 PM
Roger that on the my ENEMY!:gunsmilie:

zoglog
01-11-2011, 8:47 PM
Any cable network that tries to convince people to vote my rights away is my enemy.

Go get em tiger

Su1ozG3WPUM

BKinzey
01-11-2011, 9:11 PM
I know how we all feel about MSNBC and see a lot of posts where the sentiment is 'I'm not gonna watch that liberal garbage..etc, etc....

No, you don't know.

GrayWolf09
01-12-2011, 7:29 AM
There have been a few posts. This being one where the enemy is probably watching pro gun and possibly stirring some S*&@

I am frankly appalled by the level of discourse on this site and in the nation as a whole. When someone posts a thread questioning the party line and we respond by treating him like a troll or an enemy what we indicate is that any questioning of our beliefs is heresy and our case is weak. We should be able to respond logically and rationally without malice or ad hominem attacks.

The media thrives on the outrageous, scandalous and tragic. Remember Monday Night Football with Howard Cossell? Half the county loved him and half the country hated him and everyone watched him half to love him and half to hate him. Same with the media. They get ratings based on who watches. It does not matter to them whether you watch them to love them or to hate them. The media panders to this also. Why else would the Westboro Baptist Church which, as near as I can tell, is comprised of one family get all the publicity they get? Because they do outrageous things. Why do they do outrageous things? Because they get publicity. The media does not promote harmony and discourse, it promotes outrage and division.

sholling
01-12-2011, 8:05 AM
I get all the MSNBC that I can stomach just reading the compiled outtakes on Newsbusters (http://newsbusters.org/). Newsbusters is a great site and their weekly comedy/news video "Newsbusted" is pretty funny.

Super Spy
01-12-2011, 8:17 AM

I made a post on that thread including "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." While I expect other folks here to have differing views on some subjects, the thing that unites us is guns, hobby for almost all here, and most of us find some aspect of it we are passionate about. When someone comes here and starts spewing "Anti" rhetoric it's like walking into church on Sunday and saying there is no God. It gets me upset. I also realize I can channel that energy positively by keeping my focus on what I can do about it. Making a donation to CGN. Taking a Noob shooting and teaching them proper gun safety. Keeping an eye on the enemy and meeting their lies and emotional pleas head-on with logic, facts, and our heart felt desire to keep our loved ones safe and protected. Perhaps even spending some hard earned coin supporting the firearms industry. Finding out which businesses are "Anti" and not giving them one $ of your money. I only wish I knew where some of these "Anti" posters here worked so I could NOT patronize their place of business.

BluNorthern
01-12-2011, 8:39 AM
I get all the MSNBC that I can stomach just reading the compiled outtakes on Newsbusters (http://newsbusters.org/). Newsbusters is a great site and their weekly comedy/news video "Newsbusted" is pretty funny.I check out Newsbusters from time to time, with the same grain of salt that I watch the pundits on MSNBC and Fox. Like the others, certainly not a source I would glean all my information from. They, like the others and so many more right and left blogs, all have their agendas.

Decoligny
01-12-2011, 8:42 AM
Enemies? seriously... why so antagonistic?

you guys have to overdramatize everything don't you? They're freaking stupid Cable News networks.... get over it....

I swore to support the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Anyone trying to eliminate a fundamental right from the Constitution falls right into the category of domestic enemy of the Constitution.

Wherryj
01-12-2011, 8:57 AM

I intentionally watched MSNBC on the election nights for Scott Brown and last November's general election because it was a way to see how the ultra-liberals viewed the results.

Rachael Maddow was absolutely unprofessional and was clearly having a breakdown on air. I have no respect for her twisted brand of "journalism".

Uriah02
01-12-2011, 9:06 AM
The entertainment industry is just that, I would try to pull references of the good 'ole days when journalists were not biased or sensational in the pre-yellow journalism era, but even then public discourse over divisive subjects has always been an ugly process. The only thing we can hope is to constantly be a good representative of our cause whenever possible, forgive the analogy but it is about being evangelistic of the 2A.

Uriah02
01-12-2011, 9:10 AM
When someone comes here and starts spewing "Anti" rhetoric it's like walking into church on Sunday and saying there is no God. It gets me upset.

Even in the most extreme of circumstances "they" still came to your turf. You/we should be on our best behavior not our worst. If we cast them away with a negative example and experience they will return to their cohorts claiming victory over ____ (insert your favorite insult here).

BluNorthern
01-12-2011, 9:26 AM
I intentionally watched MSNBC on the election nights for Scott Brown and last November's general election because it was a way to see how the ultra-liberals viewed the results.

Rachael Maddow was absolutely unprofessional and was clearly having a breakdown on air. I have no respect for her twisted brand of "journalism".I agree. As low as the bar has been set with some of these commentators, (not journalists) her lack of professionalism is embarrassing. As per my original post I try to get at least an idea of what is going on with 'the other side' but I couldn't change channels fast enough when she started up last night. There's a point (on both sides) where the dialogue and rhetoric just gets too stupid and reactionary to bear.

Glock_Toter
01-12-2011, 9:31 AM
I am frankly appalled by the level of discourse on this site and in the nation as a whole. When someone posts a thread questioning the party line and we respond by treating him like a troll or an enemy what we indicate is that any questioning of our beliefs is heresy and our case is weak. We should be able to respond logically and rationally without malice or ad hominem attacks.

I have absolutely nothing against the persons belief but if you read the entire thread you will he is not just stating his opinion he believes in making a decision for the populace and not just himself, in which I though this whole blog was about discussion and the right of choice and not restriction. The ones belittling and making rude comments are not right and should be a little more open to opinion but as said before anyone who stands against my rights is my enemy but not everyone feels that way and that is their choice.

CALATRAVA
01-12-2011, 9:33 AM
I have absolutely nothing against the persons belief but if you read the entire thread you will he is not just stating his opinion he believes in making a decision for the populace and not just himself, in which I though this whole blog was about discussion and the right of choice and not restriction. The ones belittling and making rude comments are not right and should be a little more open to opinion but as said before anyone who stands against my rights is my enemy but not everyone feels that way and that is their choice.

I very much regret coming across that way. I'll just say it again...:(

Glock_Toter
01-12-2011, 9:48 AM
I very much regret coming across that way. I'll just say it again...:(

If you didn't mean it that way, then fine. But you had seen the whiplash it caused. It was getting out of hand and your OP, I can understand what you were thinking but I don't necessarily agree with it and I am not going to bash you to death over it. IMO it was an antagonized situation that brought out remarks that were suspect to me by some of the postings. Didn't sound very pro 2A but either does bashing.

fpeel
01-12-2011, 2:17 PM
Reading this thread confirms that ditching my TV several years ago was a good idea. The "news" reports then were becoming little more than political commentary and it sounds like it's only getting worse today. About all I watch are sports events at friends houses and the occasional bar. I literally cannot watch any of the news channels for more than a few minutes without getting agitated with their distortion of reality.

I stay informed on what is happening in the world by reading a balance of left- and right-leaning print media. Most of them are not as bad as TV , though even the best have to be taken with a grain of salt. As someone already said, "they all have an agenda."

Where's Walter when we need him most?