PDA

View Full Version : Where Did White Man Go Wrong ???

jabell
01-11-2011, 5:03 PM
Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled;
"Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that." :laugh:

socal-shooter
01-11-2011, 5:06 PM
lol

C.W.M.V.
01-11-2011, 5:19 PM
Yes seen this before, love extolling the virtues of a paleolithic society (read stone age)

fabguy
01-11-2011, 5:23 PM
that is way to funny, but TRUE

Dreaded Claymore
01-11-2011, 5:29 PM
Yeah, that's a good one. :D

toby
01-11-2011, 5:30 PM
Yet the white man still tries to defy whats right!....:confused:

180ls1
01-11-2011, 5:58 PM
hah nice

Fjold
01-11-2011, 6:33 PM
Real funny. With an infant mortality rate of about 50% and an average lifespan of less than 30 years. It must have been paradise.

AndrewMendez
01-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Real funny. With an infant mortality rate of about 50% and an average lifespan of less than 30 years. It must have been paradise.

This made me LMAO

zerohour714
01-11-2011, 10:33 PM
That one never gets old!

180ls1
01-11-2011, 10:38 PM

live life!

Boberama
01-12-2011, 3:36 PM
Rousseau wanted this 250 years ago.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NiEvgHu2WlY/STKKdsWEa-I/AAAAAAAAAAo/986ldlHmSb8/s320/image.jpg

jaime7818
01-12-2011, 3:37 PM

LMAO

VaderSpade
01-12-2011, 7:01 PM

White manís life span wasnít much longer back then, mostly due to infant mortality. If you made to middle age you would most likely live to be an old man.
White manís disease (and bullets) were the main reasons the natives life spans were any shorter than their own.

maddoggie13
01-12-2011, 7:11 PM
LOL...

jabell
01-12-2011, 7:25 PM
* chief two eagles reportedly lived into his 90's

* the indigenous north americans lived quite well until they came in contact with european diseases, bullets & whiskey.

* 50% infant mortality ??? i really doubt every other baby died.

* anyway this was just a joke i like to dust off every now & then so lets not go getting all serious.

jaime7818
01-13-2011, 8:50 AM
Chief Two Eagles was actually a real person? I like this even more now!

tiredshooter
01-13-2011, 9:23 AM
Where they went wrong - GREED

C.W.M.V.
01-13-2011, 9:25 AM
Where they went wrong - GREED FEELING SHAME FOR THE GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF OUR ANCESTORS

Fixed;)
White man’s life span wasn’t much longer back then, mostly due to infant mortality. If you made to middle age you would most likely live to be an old man.
White man’s disease (and bullets) were the main reasons the natives life spans were any shorter than their own.
Ha! Yes of course the white man is to blame for all their ills. It couldn't be that they were a stone age people that were still dropping boulders on buffalo for sustenance. Many were christing hunter gatherers!
For a people that hadn't discovered bronze (Bronze age in Europe 3000-600 BC) they sure are glorified in American apologist mythology.

Interloper
01-13-2011, 9:43 AM
Thanks Buzz Killington.

21SF
01-13-2011, 10:11 AM

LMAO !!!!! :sleeping:

White manís life span wasnít much longer back then, mostly due to infant mortality. If you made to middle age you would most likely live to be an old man.
White manís disease (and bullets) were the main reasons the natives life spans were any shorter than their own.

Exactly

Fixed;)

Ha! Yes of course the white man is to blame for all their ills. It couldn't be that they were a stone age people that were still dropping boulders on buffalo for sustenance. Many were christing hunter gatherers!
For a people that hadn't discovered bronze (Bronze age in Europe 3000-600 BC) they sure are glorified in American apologist mythology.

LMAO, your kidding right?

The WHITE man wouldnt have made it through winter if the indians didnt help. The white man was running away from its disgusting existence and pestilence.

C.W.M.V.
01-13-2011, 10:23 AM
LMAO !!!!! :sleeping:

Exactly

LMAO, your kidding right?

The WHITE man wouldnt have made it through winter if the indians didnt help. The white man was running away from its disgusting existence and pestilence.

No, I'm not kidding. European colonization of the Americas was going rather well by the time the British tried their first colonies on the east coast. Ask the Spanish about it sometime, No problems conquering a vast empire with 150 Spaniards and some disgruntled natives.
Oh and the Indians helping? They didn't do it for free. The British got help in exchange for helping slay rival tribes. So go on and extol the virtues of a stone age, hunter gatherer society that is the very definition of primitive, oh and some still practiced human sacrifice! Just the place Id like to live.
Thanks but Ill take the printing press, steel, and the WHEEL over walking across the plains chasing buffalo.
The WHITE man is responsible for the wonderful world we live in today, and I'm through apologizing for it. Everyone is so quick to extol the virtues of people that have NO bearing on the modern world(not limited to the indigenous people of the Americas), and just as quick to blame the white man for all its ills. Next time you walk outside and its not into a squalid, third world hell hole where people live hand to mouth fighting over basic resources, or you use anything made of plastic, or steel, or drive or fly anywhere, or read something printed via a descendant of movable printed type, say to yourself "thanks great white men of the past!"

jabell
01-13-2011, 11:31 AM
they were of course a stone age people that didn't use the wheel or use metal other than to fashion jewelery & they did keep slaves & were mostly always at war with each other but whats so funny to me is when we recreate all we want to do is get back to our stone age roots.
i personally think some native wisdom is invaluable & that we have a lot to learn from their experiences but i have no delusions of grandeur of actually wanting to live their experience. when i follow my passion to nature i'm following my own roots & not another peoples. after all europeans lived through the Paleolithic period as well but for better or for worse they evolved.
as usual i ramble but this is an interesting subject and i'm still chuckling that it emanated from a joke.

* i recommend: "guns, germs & steel" can get through netflix or in book form.
it's about how & why different people around the world evolved. very fascinating theory.

* best indian movie ever: a man named horse. blows dances with wolves away. (also on netflix)

* also baffling to me is how did a culture that didn't use the wheel or metal build the pyramids in central & s. america. :confused:

AJAX22
01-13-2011, 11:32 AM
I dunno..... A lot of those inventions came out of china first ;)

Other stuff came out of the mid east.

The biggest thing that white people had going for them was an immunity to dissease that resulted from the squallid living conditions, animal cohabitation, and poor sanitation (compared to a lot of the world)

We also bennifited from the scarcity of resources that prompted constant conflicts that culled a lot of the chaff from our early culture....

The harsher the environment you hail from, the better you fare when going to war.

21SF
01-13-2011, 11:32 AM
No, I'm not kidding. European colonization of the Americas was going rather well by the time the British tried their first colonies on the east coast. Ask the Spanish about it sometime, No problems conquering a vast empire with 150 Spaniards and some disgruntled natives.
Oh and the Indians helping? They didn't do it for free. The British got help in exchange for helping slay rival tribes. So go on and extol the virtues of a stone age, hunter gatherer society that is the very definition of primitive, oh and some still practiced human sacrifice! Just the place Id like to live.
Thanks but Ill take the printing press, steel, and the WHEEL over walking across the plains chasing buffalo.
The WHITE man is responsible for the wonderful world we live in today, and I'm through apologizing for it. Everyone is so quick to extol the virtues of people that have NO bearing on the modern world(not limited to the indigenous people of the Americas), and just as quick to blame the white man for all its ills. Next time you walk outside and its not into a squalid, third world hell hole where people live hand to mouth fighting over basic resources, or you use anything made of plastic, or steel, or drive or fly anywhere, or read something printed via a descendant of movable printed type, say to yourself "thanks great white men of the past!"

What a JOKE, When your done patting yourself on the back, read a history book that doesnt skew the truth to what you want it to be.

21SF
01-13-2011, 11:34 AM

The biggest thing that white people had going for them was an immunity to dissease that resulted from the squallid living conditions, animal cohabitation, and poor sanitation (compared to a lot of the world)

We also bennifited from the scarcity of resources that prompted constant conflicts that culled a lot of the chaff from our early culture....

The harsher the environment you hail from, the better you fare when going to war.

Thank you !!!

Someone had a good history teacher.

C.W.M.V.
01-13-2011, 11:37 AM
they were of course a stone age people that didn't use the wheel or use metal other than to fashion jewelery & they did keep slaves & were mostly always at war with each other but whats so funny to me is when we recreate all we want to do is get back to our stone age roots.
i personally think some native wisdom is invaluable & that we have a lot to learn from their experiences but have no delusions of grandeur of actually wanting to live their experience. when i follow my passion to nature i'm following my own roots & not another peoples. after all europeans lived through the Paleolithic period as well but for better or for worse in the end they evolved. as usual i ramble but it is an interesting subject and i'm still chuckling that it emanated from a joke.

* i recommend: "guns, germs & steel" through emanated or in book form.
it's about how & why different people around the world evolved. fascinating.

* best indian movie ever: a man named horse. blows dances with wolves away.

* also baffling to me is how did a culture that didn't use the wheel or metal build the pyramids in central & s. america. :confused:

Well that's all well and good. Personally I have no such like for the outdoors. Love me some central air conditioning!
As to the pyramids in the Americas the last I had heard is that unlike their Egyptian counterparts they aren't much more than rock piles. Rubble would be piled into the desired shape and topped with what amounted to paving stones.

21SF
01-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Well that's all well and good. Personally I have no such like for the outdoors. Love me some central air conditioning!
As to the pyramids in the Americas the last I had heard is that unlike their Egyptian counterparts they aren't much more than rock piles. Rubble would be piled into the desired shape and topped with what amounted to paving stones.

OMG!!!! Now you just got me ROFL
Ever heard of chichen itza? Maybe not exactly in the americas as we know them today but just an example.

jabell
01-13-2011, 11:49 AM
why then c.w.m.v. are you monkeying around in the hunting & fishing section?
i think you like all men have this deep down desire to connect with their stone age past. up until 10k years ago all humans were basically cave men. in the geological time frame that is just a snap of the finger. humans really have not evolved fast enough with our technological advances to leave our Paleolithic existence in the past. thats also one of the reasons dudes spend so much of their lives watching sports as well. it's a channeling of our warrior spirit into a "grounding" mechanism if you will to pacify & dull our need to fight, f**ck & hunt.
now go watch ted nugent kill something for you.
jeff

KALIDAWG8996
01-13-2011, 12:02 PM

Rubble? I think someone doesn't travel much if he prefers A/C to the good old outdoors.....I guess the InTeRneTz is the window to the world for some....:D

C.W.M.V.
01-13-2011, 12:04 PM

Steel:Oldest known steel found in Anatolia, 4000yo.
Printing Press (descendant of screw press):1st century AD Rome
Wheel: Earliest well dated evidence 3500Ė3350 BC Poland. Likely simultaneously developed elsewhere worldwide.
Plastic:Alexander Parkes, 1855

That's what made them great was the harsh living conditions. Look what happens to a society where there is abundance of resources, as in the Americas. Society stagnates, and technological evolution slows and halts.
European civilization was the greatest going, that's why they colonized the earth.

C.W.M.V.
01-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Rubble? I think someone doesn't travel much if he prefers A/C to the good old outdoors.....I guess the InTeRneTz is the window to the world for some....:D

Quick search...
...They began construction of a new pyramid by cutting the rock free from a quarry with chisels and hammers. After transporting the blocks to the construction site, the workers layered them over a solid mass of dirt and rubble held together with cement...

And yes, I hate the outdoors. Pave over it as far as I'm concerned.

why then c.w.m.v. are you monkeying around in the hunting & fishing section?

Dude, you got me! I was looking over "New Posts" and saw this. Didnt realise the section it was in! Oops!

i think you like all men have this deep down desire to connect with their stone age past. up until 10k years ago all humans were basically cave men. in the geological time frame that is just a snap of the finger. humans really have not evolved fast enough with our technological advances to leave our Paleolithic existence in the past. that's also one of the reasons dudes spend so much of their lives watching sports as well. it's a channeling of our warrior spirit into a "grounding" mechanism if you will to pacify & dull our need to fight, f**ck & hunt.
now go watch ted nugent kill something for you.
jeff

Ive had plenty of time channeling my warriorness, and lived outdoors for alot of it, that's why I avoid it at all costs now.

21SF
01-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Troll

jabell
01-13-2011, 12:28 PM
why c.w.m.v. do you spend time in the hunting & fishing section?????????

come on 21sf let's not devolve to name calling.

AJAX22
01-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Steel:Oldest known steel found in Anatolia, 4000yo.
Printing Press (descendant of screw press):1st century AD Rome
Wheel: Earliest well dated evidence 3500–3350 BC Poland. Likely simultaneously developed elsewhere worldwide.
Plastic:Alexander Parkes, 1855

That's what made them great was the harsh living conditions. Look what happens to a society where there is abundance of resources, as in the Americas. Society stagnates, and technological evolution slows and halts.
European civilization was the greatest going, that's why they colonized the earth.

Those refer to the inventions in their modern versions... and refer to the oldest artifact MADE of steel not the oldest steel making facility.

Steel:

Iron and steel manufacturing technology was present in the Eastern African nations of Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, , and others dating back to the 7th century B.C and in Tanzania in earlier. The smelters used to make iron and steel were far superior to that used by the rest of the world.

Movable type:

The world's first known movable-type system for printing was created in China around 1040 AD by Bi Sheng (990–1051) during the Song Dynasty; then the metal movable-type system for printing was made in Korea during the Goryeo Dynasty (around 1230). This led to the printing of the Jikji in 1377—today the oldest extant movable metal print book.

Wheel:

Invention of the Wheel

Up till now, it is still a mystery as to who invented the wheel and when the wheel was invented. According to archaeologists, it was probably invented in around 8,000 B.C. in Asia. The oldest wheel known however, was discovered in Mesopotamia and probably dates back to 3,500 B.C.

Plastics

(you're right regarding Synthetic plastics but natural plastics predate synthetics)

Long before man-made plastics were invented, jewelry was being made of natural plastics - materials that could be heated, softened, molded, carved or pressed into many designs.

Anyway...

Brown, yellow, and black people invent stuff too...

D.M.C.
01-13-2011, 2:01 PM
Wow, for a minute there I thought I had accidentally logged into Storm Front... *snicker*

bohoki
01-13-2011, 2:12 PM
yea i like what they say about daylight savings time

the biggest mistake is being ruled by a clock

PNOY
01-13-2011, 8:09 PM
Wow, for a minute there I thought I had accidentally logged into Storm Front... *snicker*

Or JHO Politics forum..

Sionadi
01-13-2011, 9:52 PM
C.M.M.V

People like you like to think that they are bringing prosperity and nothing but good to people who dont want any part of it.

This happened to the native Americans when the white man came.

This also has happened to the place I call home, Mendocino. My area of Mendocino county used to be a rural tight knit logging and ranching community, but in the 60's the hippies and druggies came and forced their own ideas and 'prosperity' on the locals.

I will keep my work like hell lifestyle, You keep your god awful lifestyle and leave me the hell alone.

sfguyhere
01-13-2011, 10:02 PM
LOL !

portegee
01-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Wow this joke thread went to **** really quick some people here need to get over themselves

1sicklx
01-14-2011, 10:38 AM
yes these people were in the stone age...:icon_bs:

http://www.destination360.com/north-america/mexico/images/s/mexico-teotihuacan-2-s.jpg

jabell
01-14-2011, 12:10 PM
recently the largest pyramid to date has been discovered in bosnia.
they thought it was a mountain until tunnels & cut stones were revealed.
(some great utubes of it)
were the indiginous peeps of the americas stoneagers.
indeed.
were the pyramids built by stoneagers.
well unless you can phathom them cutting goliath blocks with obsidion chisels the obvious conclusion is:
no.
things that make you go..............hmmm :confused:

portegee
01-14-2011, 1:14 PM
:TFH: It's the aliens I'm telling you, the aliens!!! :TFH: :eek: :rolleyes:

Uriah02
01-14-2011, 1:25 PM

just enjoy the joke...

Cowboy T
01-14-2011, 1:33 PM
Yeah, no kiddin'. What Uriah02 said!

:chillpill:

KALIDAWG8996
01-14-2011, 8:53 PM
recently the largest pyramid to date has been discovered in bosnia.
they thought it was a mountain until tunnels & cut stones were revealed.
(some great utubes of it)
were the indiginous peeps of the americas stoneagers.
indeed.
were the pyramids built by stoneagers.
well unless you can phathom them cutting goliath blocks with obsidion chisels the obvious conclusion is:
no.
things that make you go..............hmmm :confused:

I lived in Yugoslavija for sometime....The "pyramid" you are referring to is still a theory and not proven. It is still being debated......

They are cashing in on a tourist cash cow though:)

http://circulartimes.org/Bosnian%20Geology%20Robert%20Schoch%20%20Pyramids% 20Colette%20Dowell.htm

so your logic in history is flawed.....

dwa
01-14-2011, 9:47 PM
The better question may be why people in north/south america were so far behind the rest of the world. black brown yellow and white people invented alot of stuff, alot of stuff not present in the western hemisphere.

picasso
01-15-2011, 6:26 PM
they were of course a stone age people that didn't use the wheel or use metal other than to fashion jewelery & they did keep slaves & were mostly always at war with each other but whats so funny to me is when we recreate all we want to do is get back to our stone age roots.i personally think some native wisdom is invaluable & that we have a lot to learn from their experiences but i have no delusions of grandeur of actually wanting to live their experience. when i follow my passion to nature i'm following my own roots & not another peoples. after all europeans lived through the Paleolithic period as well but for better or for worse they evolved.
as usual i ramble but this is an interesting subject and i'm still chuckling that it emanated from a joke.

* i recommend: "guns, germs & steel" can get through netflix or in book form.
it's about how & why different people around the world evolved. very fascinating theory.

* best indian movie ever: a man named horse. blows dances with wolves away. (also on netflix)

This statement is very profound to me. All these so called advancement is only maintained by electricity which in turn depend so much on other factors. Remove this and we're back to stoneage. As long as we still eat, shhhit, we are still in the stoneage in a different environment and presentation.

Solcat
01-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Don't want to get into the Luddite vs Internet Warrior discussion-- (I tend towards the "the dawn of Agriculture was documented in the biblical fall from grace" model for many of the reasons listed in the joke),, but that is not a white man vs Native American issue.

But a generally accepted theory...

Using an estimate of approximately 30 million people in 1492 (including 15 million in the Aztec Empire and 6 million in the Inca Empire), the lowest estimates give a death toll due from disease of an astonishing 80% by the end of the 16th century (8 million people in 1650).[3] Latin America would only recover its 15th century population early in the 20th century; it numbered 17 million in 1800, 30 million in 1850

Solcat

The Electrician
01-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Lol thats good!!!

GeetarGoul
01-16-2011, 9:00 AM
I love that joke and have seen it many times. We have changed our world so rapidly that we are struggling to adapt to it. Look at our fat bodies and our depressed mental states as evidence. Our DNA is still cave man and our world is getting too far ahead of ourselves. What worries me most is that modern man has lost his connection to the natural world. We too often feel that the world's natural resources are there for our taking. Unless something major happens our time will run out in a evolutional blink of an eye.