PDA

View Full Version : El Dorado SO Carry License Application Appointments are now online!.

Gray Peterson
01-11-2011, 3:33 PM
I spoke with the sheriff's office recently, and now they apparently have an online appointment system similar to Sacramento County's appointment system. Sheriff D'Agostini has done tremendously well in fixing most of the issues, and it's an ongoing process and it's being fixed well.

El Dorado County Online Appointment Scheduler (https://app.timetrade.com/tc/login.do?url=sheriff.eldorado)

Sheriff D'Agostini had worked with me personally on getting many rid of the previous sheriff's unlawful policies. For this, the Sheriff should be greatly commended for his efforts to work with me to make this happen. There should be further amendments to the policy as time goes on, but already, the three character reference has been eliminated.

El Dorado County residents, please feel free to give Sheriff D'Agostini many thanks for changing the good cause policy to self defense and continuing the process of eliminating state law violative policies with individual activists and volunteers.....

Paladin
01-11-2011, 4:09 PM
That is awesome!

Hopefully, other sheriffs will be willing to follow their lead w/online appointments and more.

For this, the Sheriff and Gray Peterson should be greatly commended for their efforts to make this happen.Fixed it for ya! ;)

Thanks for all your work, Gray.

voiceofreason
01-11-2011, 4:25 PM
Any chance he could have a chat with Moonbeam?

Pthfndr
01-11-2011, 6:18 PM
Very good news for EDCo residents.

NorCalDustin
01-11-2011, 6:46 PM
Wow!! This is great news!!

obeygiant
01-12-2011, 9:38 AM
Excellent news! El Dorado County residents or not, please make sure to drop Sheriff D'Agostini a line and thank him for his support of the 2A.

Hogxtz
01-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Wow thats a long time coming thank you very much Gray and the new Sheriff. It may take the Dept. a while to catch up and update. I saw that today the online ccw app still shows Kollars as Sheriff and requires the 3 letters.

BigJim_610
01-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Was on here during the campaign. I think he was "308sniper" He may well answer a PM.

I'll bet he is a very busy guy...

Wow thats a long time coming thank you very much Gray and the new Sheriff. It may take the Dept. a while to catch up and update. I saw that today the online ccw app still shows Kollars as Sheriff and requires the 3 letters.

ccwtrainer
01-12-2011, 2:36 PM
+1 to the original post. Sheriff D'Agostini is a great guy and has our best interests at heart.

jeferd
01-13-2011, 7:22 AM
I just went online to make an appt for El Dorado Sheriffs office. When you go to schedule an appt it comes up with the following form for you to agree to. I says you must have character reference letters...I thought that was going away. It asks you to check the box that you agree you provide that. I am unwilling to check a box to agree, if that is not required. Do any of you with insight know what the scoop is with this?

* EACH PERSON needs a separate appointment.

o Verification of age, applicant must be 21 years of age.

o Proof of residency in the form of California Driver License, utility bill or voter of registration in their name. Residents of the City of South Lake Tahoe should apply to the South Lake Tahoe Police Department.

o Three character references letters are required to assist in substantiating good moral character. These letters must be signed and from individuals other than relatives. The writer must also acknowledge he or she understands the letter is for an application for a concealed weapons license.

o Provide proof that weapons/s are registered to the applicant.

o If applying for business purposes, a business license or other forms of verification will be required (tax bills, etc.)

o If applying for personal protection: law enforcement reports will be required.

o If applying as a result of your employment, your employer will have to provide a letter on letterhead detailing your duties & responsibilities.

o If you work in law enforcement, employment verification will be required.

By checking this box you are agreeing to the terms listed above.

* Required

Gray Peterson
01-20-2011, 11:09 AM
I just went online to make an appt for El Dorado Sheriffs office. When you go to schedule an appt it comes up with the following form for you to agree to. I says you must have character reference letters...I thought that was going away. It asks you to check the box that you agree you provide that. I am unwilling to check a box to agree, if that is not required. Do any of you with insight know what the scoop is with this?

* EACH PERSON needs a separate appointment.

o Verification of age, applicant must be 21 years of age.

o Proof of residency in the form of California Driver License, utility bill or voter of registration in their name. Residents of the City of South Lake Tahoe should apply to the South Lake Tahoe Police Department.

o Three character references letters are required to assist in substantiating good moral character. These letters must be signed and from individuals other than relatives. The writer must also acknowledge he or she understands the letter is for an application for a concealed weapons license.

o Provide proof that weapons/s are registered to the applicant.

o If applying for business purposes, a business license or other forms of verification will be required (tax bills, etc.)

o If applying for personal protection: law enforcement reports will be required.

o If applying as a result of your employment, your employer will have to provide a letter on letterhead detailing your duties & responsibilities.

o If you work in law enforcement, employment verification will be required.

By checking this box you are agreeing to the terms listed above.

* Required

Please ignore this.

bruss01
01-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Please ignore this.

Gray, with all due respect... why should people ignore this? Is it untrue? Or do you think it is OK to continue to ask for those items? Please elaborate.

Gray Peterson
01-20-2011, 1:11 PM
Gray, with all due respect... why should people ignore this? Is it untrue? Or do you think it is OK to continue to ask for those items? Please elaborate.

It's untrue as of now, it's just that the website hasn't been updated with the information that is needed. If it's that big of a deal you can always call the records office and schedule an appointment over the phone.

Dexster
01-20-2011, 1:15 PM
It's untrue as of now, it's just that the website hasn't been updated with the information that is needed. If it's that big of a deal you can always call the records office and schedule an appointment over the phone.

Which i have done... You do not need the 3 letters... It's very smooth whole interview and process took less than 20 minutes and most of that was fingerprinting.

kryan
04-08-2011, 8:09 PM
How do you provide proof of weapons registration?

wildhawker
04-08-2011, 8:13 PM
Kryan, you don't. The licensing authority cannot require proof of registration as a condition of processing the application.

kryan
04-08-2011, 8:55 PM
will you at some piont? I've had some of my guns for a very long time.
I'm not sure I would be able to find a receipt from 20 years ago?

kryan
05-12-2011, 3:52 PM
Have my app. next week.
Can't wait.
Kevin

dantodd
05-12-2011, 4:38 PM
will you at some piont? I've had some of my guns for a very long time.
I'm not sure I would be able to find a receipt from 20 years ago?

There is a form on the doj website for requesting a list of all firearms registered to you. Alternatively the SO can probably run the serial number for your.

HondaMasterTech
05-12-2011, 4:47 PM
I no longer live in El Dorado County. But, I spoke with Mr.D'Agostini on a few occasions and he struck me as a very sincere individual. I made a point to explain the pros to electing Mr.D'Agostini as their sheriff to all my friends and family and co-workers. I'm very glad he prevailed in the election. The citizens of El Dorado County will benefit from his services. I'm glad to see the carry application process going smoothly.