PDA

View Full Version : ED SCHULTZ GETS SCHOOLED ON GUN CONTROL!!!

safewaysecurity
01-11-2011, 2:55 AM
If this doesn't make you smile then I don't know what will but Ed Schultz is always talking about gun control and was talking about it his whole program and all of a sudden he gets Joe Zamudio on his program and Joe just lays it out for him plain and simple. Man I love this guy.

y-3GTwalrGY

KracknCorn
01-11-2011, 3:26 AM
Hahahah... ran out of time because he had nothing left to add. I love the dumb founded face at the end.

nicki
01-11-2011, 3:47 AM
Boy, to get smacked down on your own show by the "Hero", EPIC

Nicki

mikaarce
01-11-2011, 4:00 AM
Mr Zamudio pretty much said it well, nicely delivered.

speeedracerr
01-11-2011, 4:12 AM
How ironic where Ed Schultz was probably hoping to tarnish the good name of law abiding citizen gun owners for steering the issue of gun control and gets the beat down by Joe "the man" by implying that a armed society could have been effective in helping others thereby minimizing casualties and disarming the "lone wolf".

ZirconJohn
01-11-2011, 4:37 AM
"...This is MY Country, this is MY town... you don't get to walk around hurting
people and killing innocence in little girls... it's NOT right man..."

"Honesty, I believe... you can make as many laws as you want, people who
want guns are going to get them."

"Laws aren't made for us... they are made for criminals, and criminals can get
guns any way they want."

"And you can make as many Laws as you want and they are just not going to
stop anybody."

"They can bring it across the border from Mexico, you could get an old one
that's not registered, you can steal one, you can buy it out of a trunk...
there's no shortage of firearms... that's NOT the solution..."

"The solution is helping people, it's taking care of people... it's NOT leaving
these lone wolf gunman out to be lone wolves... he shouldn't be in a situation
where he's so alone that this is his only solution..."

"I think that our answer is to help people, and not to argue whether people
should own guns... we live in America and we are allowed to own guns... it's
NOT an option." - Joe Zamudio / Tucson, AZ
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

These are great words, yet sadly... these words may only shine and win
praise in places like CGN. However, these great thoughts in words should and
need to win praise throughout all of America.
Thank you for posting this VID... thank you very much.

sevensix2x51
01-11-2011, 5:51 AM
id like to shake that man's hand, or buy him a daniel webster cigar.

well played, sir. i hope he changed some minds.

Patrick-2
01-11-2011, 6:00 AM
Schultz subtlety trotting out the Brady myth that 2A is only for hunters, not for defense. Their arguments failed miserably in 2007 and again in 2010. Expect more failed arguments from them in 2011 and beyond.

Joe Zamudio played that one quite well. He was calm, rational and thought of his points ahead of time. He made the rest of us look good. I suspect there are many more like him, than not.

SanPedroShooter
01-11-2011, 6:05 AM
I had thought that maybe the fact that he had a gun would embolden him to "enter the fray", and indeed it did. I know that I would think twice about running into a gun fight with nothing but my c*ck in my hand. Also this brings up what would happen in a city like LA.
In this case he was tackled, but if no one could get to him, would he have walked around shooting unarmed people untill the police arrived 20 minutes later?

choprzrul
01-11-2011, 6:14 AM
Joe pwnd Ed

Decoligny
01-11-2011, 6:22 AM
I had thought that maybe the fact that he had a gun would embolden him to "enter the fray". I know that I would feel silly running into the gun fight with nothing with my cock in my hand.

When he approached he did not see an active shooter. He had his hand on the butt of his gun with the safety off. He spotted someone with a gun in his hand (not the shooter) and disarmed him. How much more into the fray did you expect him to get? Had he simply run out looking to shoot whoever had a gun in hand he woulld have killed an innocent man.

BusBoy
01-11-2011, 6:24 AM
"I dont know what id do with a gun that held 30 rounds!!"

Yet Schultz hunts with a variety of shotguns in different gauges... I bet they're ALL single shot weapons right Mr Schultz?? Bet you've never said "dang, wish I had a couple more rounds I would've gotten that (insert in season game)"

Very nicely said Mr. Zamudio, I hate to throw around the "Hero" title but damned if you aren't a decent, level headed human, who helped bring down a whack job.

SanPedroShooter
01-11-2011, 6:30 AM
My point is, if someone is unarmed, they might think twice about running into a gun fight. I can't speak for him, but being armed gives you the option to respond to an active shooter with equal force. This knowledge, like i said, may have emboldened him to take action, and thank God he did.

PatriotnMore
01-11-2011, 6:40 AM
Love it, well said, and well played. His humble attitude along with being able to seize the moment to explain in a matter of fact way, the problem is mental health, not the gun, was fantastic.

mikaarce
01-11-2011, 7:20 AM
I wonder if he has a bullet button on one of his rifles?
Coming from a free state, very strong words!

Burbur
01-11-2011, 7:42 AM
Epic!

I hope that last 2 minutes goes viral.

shocknm
01-11-2011, 8:24 AM
Well said, Joe Zamudio... well said !!

BluNorthern
01-11-2011, 8:30 AM
It was great, Zamudio again made our point strongly and factually. You could see how sorry Ed was as the tone of his show quickly got turned against him. His only alternative was to cry 'out of time'! Guess he needed the time for Helmke and the attack on large capacity magazines and repeal of the AWB. Helmke stated that since this attack involved a congresswoman, her aide, a federal judge and a little girl that maybe the ban could be looked at again. He's dreaming and SOL as far as I can see. Olbermann next opened his show by calling the Glock an 'assault weapon', Maddow started with an itinerary of gun violence through the years....back to Fox I went. There I find red faced O'Reilly yelling out the 'poor us' routine blaming the left media attacks on the right while conveniently ignoring the rhetoric by Beck, Limbaugh, Savage, etc. We don't need gun bans, we need bans on so called news pundits, all of them, left and right. I don't blame this Arizona incident on them, but I do blame the extreme divisiveness on them and their weak-minded, knee jerk audiences.

stphnman20
01-11-2011, 8:32 AM
lol.. That Ed guys tone of voice changed when he got owned!

I love the part when Joe said "This is America, we are allowed to own guns. There is no option!"

Eat Dirt
01-11-2011, 8:42 AM
Well said, Joe Zamudio... well said !!

Exellent ................. The man Knew what he was talking about and stood his ground......

silaic7
01-11-2011, 8:55 AM
Joe Zamudio is the man!

Window_Seat
01-11-2011, 9:46 AM
"Did you ever think of drawing your firearm, or did you make the determination you didn't have to"...

I admit, that was actually a good question on the part of Ed.

I hope his attitude can change. It can be done, but it's not easy, considering how it took some time for me to educate someone on guns and ownership (while I was being educated at the same time).

Where Joe says "there's no option", he is likely referring to Heller & McDonald.

Either way, now's a good time to keep our eyes open to crap coming from the mouths & hands of anti lawmakers.

IMHO, (again, admitting) there has never been a time when we need a lawmaker (in this case, Congresswoman Giffords) to pull through this thing more desperately than ever before.

Erik.

safewaysecurity
01-11-2011, 10:21 AM
They are trying to pass a law banning the carrying of weapons with 1000ft of members of congress. That would mean this man wouldn't have been there to help.

BusBoy
01-11-2011, 10:24 AM
They are trying to pass a law banning the carrying of weapons with 1000ft of members of congress. That would mean this man wouldn't have been there to help.

Great... Mobile Sensitive Areas!!

WatchMan
01-11-2011, 10:28 AM
WOW! That was dead perfect. What happened, Ed? Nowhere to go? Story is done? Oh, I'm disappointed... :D

quick draw mcgraw
01-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Great clip!!

This is exactly what CCW's are for and why we should have statewide Shall Issue to anyone who is not "restricted" from owning a firearm.

and btw, Joe is a damn fine American in my book!!!

Paul S
01-11-2011, 10:42 AM

They ...? Who is they in this instance. Where is this legislative effort taking place?

I'm not doubting you...but this is information we can all use. I have been following this shooting incident fairly closely and I haven't stumbled on this info just yet.
Thanks...

sierrashooter
01-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Hope I never have to make a decision like that, pray that I am prepared if I do!

safewaysecurity
01-11-2011, 10:44 AM
I just saw it on the news and It's some congressman. Not sure who yet.

BluNorthern
01-11-2011, 10:49 AM
They ...? Who is they in this instance. Where is this legislative effort taking place?

I'm not doubting you...but this is information we can all use. I have been following this shooting incident fairly closely and I haven't stumbled on this info just yet.
Thanks...Try this...type 'law banning the carrying of weapons with 1000ft of members of congress' into google.

Window_Seat
01-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Try this...type 'law banning the carrying of weapons with 1000ft of members of congress' into google.
Pete King bill would ban guns within 1,000 feet of lawmakers (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47428.html#ixzz1AkpK5q00)

Erik.

Stonewalker
01-11-2011, 10:54 AM
That was wonderful. Man.. I've been feeling so sad about this and all the vitriol that people have been shouting since Saturday. It was really encouraging to hear some good words from somebody who was there, among the blood and murder, and was able to share his story so well and focus on the important things. He didn't shy away from the brutal reality of what happened and the tremendous loss of life. I really appreciate how he said he was blessed that he didn't have to kill the shooter.

According to Brady all CCWs are just loose cannons with itchy trigger-fingers who can't wait to be the hero with their gun. I think the reality is the vast majority are like this man.

Veggie
01-11-2011, 11:01 AM
He owns all kinds of rifles and shotguns but not a "firearm" I call BS.

Pete King bill would ban guns within 1,000 feet of lawmakers (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47428.html#ixzz1AkpK5q00)

Erik.

Elitist BS. And yea this would have obviously stopped the shooter.

The part where he is planning to break the law killing people didn't stop him. The part where he isn't allowed to carry a gun within 1000feet of his target would. >.>

N6ATF
01-11-2011, 11:01 AM

So, pretty much every populated area in the U.S. could be a victim disarmament/massacre zone. Evil scum.

shocknm
01-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Shocker.., the anti's are going after Joe with 'what if' now:

'Armed Giffords hero nearly shot wrong man'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41018893/ns/slatecom/

erikdjs
01-11-2011, 11:12 AM
I wonder if any of the other people that stopped the shooter were also carrying. That'd be a great fact to know.

Patrick-2
01-11-2011, 11:31 AM
My point is, if someone is unarmed, they might think twice about running into a gun fight. I can't speak for him, but being armed gives you the option to respond to an active shooter with equal force. This knowledge, like i said, may have emboldened him to take action, and thank God he did.

The sh** on strapped to your side has nothing to do with whether you will run into danger. It all comes down to something else you cannot measure. You will only know the answer after the question has been asked. A gun makes little/no difference when the question is "Do I risk my life for another, right now?"

The response is instant. No math required.

Werewolf1021
01-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Shocker.., the anti's are going after Joe with 'what if' now:

'Armed Giffords hero nearly shot wrong man'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41018893/ns/slatecom/

And I love the use of "nearly". He didn't even draw his weapon. That is definitely not "nearly". Any police officer would agree to the same thing that they were lucky not to have accidentally shot the wrong guy.

SupportGeek
01-11-2011, 12:07 PM

How would this even get enforced? have 100 LE around every Congressperson waving those airport metal detector wands at everyone close?
Ridiculous.

Aldemar
01-11-2011, 12:20 PM
That was one of the best put-downs of an anti I've ever seen!!! Schultz must really be a dummy. After Zamidio stated he would have killed the gunman if he was forced to, Schultz then asks him what he thinks of Arizona gun laws; couldn't have set himself better for that thoughtful reply.

safewaysecurity
01-11-2011, 12:21 PM
How would this even get enforced? have 100 LE around every Congressperson waving those airport metal detector wands at everyone close?
Ridiculous.

here's the kicker. a republican is proposing this law..

N6ATF
01-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Treason. Eject him from the party, then the U.S.

rivraton
01-11-2011, 12:35 PM
But before we embrace Zamudio's brave intervention as proof of the value of being armed, let's hear the whole story. "I came out of that store, I clicked the safety off, and I was ready," he explained on Fox and Friends. "I had my hand on my gun. I had it in my jacket pocket here. And I came around the corner like this." Zamudio demonstrated how his shooting hand was wrapped around the weapon, poised to draw and fire. As he rounded the corner, he saw a man holding a gun. "And that's who I at first thought was the shooter," Zamudio recalled. "I told him to 'Drop it, drop it!'"
If you ever find yourself in this position, it would be prudent to leave the weapon on the ground and "control" it by putting your foot on it rather than holding it in your hand.

Low-Pressure
01-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Joe Zamudio said it the way it is!

nick
01-11-2011, 12:42 PM
I thought, pistol grips were there to shoot a lot of rounds without reloading, not hi-cap mags? :confused:

N6ATF
01-11-2011, 12:49 PM
If you ever find yourself in this position, it would be prudent to leave the weapon on the ground and "control" it by putting your foot on it rather than holding it in your hand.

It's less preferable to clearing it and putting it in your waistband (because your foot can be dislodged and it could be picked up and reused), but if you have good balance and have a clear area of incoming hands/feet, it's okay in a pinch.

Bhobbs
01-11-2011, 12:54 PM

That's why we need a stronger 3rd party in America. I mean strong enough to win and make a difference. Neither the Rs or Ds have our best interest in mind any more. At least not the big players.

PsychGuy274
01-11-2011, 1:00 PM
This is awesome.

Drey
01-11-2011, 1:13 PM
Nicely delivered! Way to go!

rivraton
01-11-2011, 1:14 PM
It's less preferable to clearing it and putting it in your waistband (because your foot can be dislodged and it could be picked up and reused), but if you have good balance and have a clear area of incoming hands/feet, it's okay in a pinch.

My point was is NOT a good idea to stand there with it in you hand...:rolleyes: The shooter in this instance, with three people subduing him, was not likely to regain possession of the weapon...

BigDogatPlay
01-11-2011, 1:50 PM
Ed Schultz = pandering hypocrite in search of an audience.

It makes me very glad to think that the few people who actually watch his show saw their "hero" get owned so thoroughly.

Iminocca
01-11-2011, 6:32 PM
We need more Joes in this country...

VAReact
01-11-2011, 7:08 PM
Great clip!!

This is exactly what CCW's are for and why we should have statewide Shall Issue to anyone who is not "restricted" from owning a firearm.

and btw, Joe is a damn fine American in my book!!!

...uuhh...don't you mean MAGAZINE?!? Oh, yeah, THAT kind of clip...:D

quick draw mcgraw
01-11-2011, 7:18 PM
...uuhh...don't you mean MAGAZINE?!? Oh, yeah, THAT kind of clip...:D

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad308/tnewburn/photo.jpg

DOH!!!! LOL

woodsman
01-11-2011, 7:27 PM
This made my night.

Thanks American Joe!

uyoga
01-11-2011, 7:30 PM
A story of a guy that tells it like it is to a guy who just doesn't want to hear it, because it dosn't fit his agenda.

No wonder he "ran out of time"'

zoglog
01-11-2011, 7:49 PM

how is that the kicker, republicans have been infringing on our rights for the last 10 years. They just have people fooled better =p
It's amusing to me how you people hear what you want to hear. Get that from the people on the left all the time as well.

I see nothing wrong with the interview and they gave Joe plenty of time to speak and make his point. Stop grasping at straws.

DirtNapKing
01-11-2011, 7:55 PM
The NRA just got there new poster boy! He is a hero X 2 in my book. I am not going to waste a split second of bandwidth and attempt to analyze his actions like some in here have. The fact is, he reacted and got involved! Then delivered a good dose of STFU to Mr. Ed.

Veggie
01-11-2011, 7:58 PM
I actually sorta agree with zoglog. When he was about to cut off JOe but Joe started to say something he stopped until Joe stopped and let him talk. Though I still believe the guy is full of fecal matter.

Pred@tor
01-11-2011, 8:14 PM
I don't understand the gun made to kill people rhetoric any gun hunting rifle or not can kill someone its stupid thing I have heard a long time.

bernieb90
01-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Joe shows gun owners, and people who CCW in a very positive light, which is something that is missing from the media in general. This man cares about people, and his community, and carries a pistol to keep himself, and innocent people in his community safe.

He also shows how people with CCWs are not just shooting every person they see on the street, but are fully capable of assesing a situation, and determining if deadly force is required. In this case the pistol was not even drawn when Joe determined that there was no longer a threat.

We need more Joe Zamudios out there so there will be no more Jared Laughners.

MSO4MATT
01-12-2011, 12:27 AM
The best thing about Joe is that he has taken personal responsibility for his safety and the safety of his community by carrying...

All these other proposals between laws, bans and other "gun free zone" stuff fails to address the real problem of the individual not taking responsibility for their safety. The more folks who do this, the less successful the criminals will be.

arsilva32
01-12-2011, 12:48 AM
is it just me, or did anyone else feel envy when he said: i carry a gun where ever i go

got to love a state where they don't consider CCW a crime

Citadelonline
01-12-2011, 1:51 AM
I see nothing wrong with the interview and they gave Joe plenty of time to speak and make his point. Stop grasping at straws.
Full agreement here.
I saw this interview on TV in repeats, then listened again to the internet clip here and wondered if I was hearing a different sound track than some.

I did not hear a debate, a contest, or anyone getting schooled or "pwnd" (whatever the heck that means) or see anyone "run out of time,"' or get cut off, or anybody getting put down, humbled, shamed, one upped or gaining a verbal advantage.

What I heard was a fair interview, with a young man articulating himself fairly well, hopefully like any law abiding gun owner would do.

It's amusing to me how you people hear what you want to hear.

NorCalDustin
01-12-2011, 2:03 AM
I'd love to send that man a box of cigars.

Citizen Snips
01-12-2011, 2:26 AM
Joe Zamudio should be drafted as sheriff.

Adehtla
01-12-2011, 2:30 AM
There are many things that Joe says that leave me wanting to shake his hand and buy him a beer. Out of all of them the one that means the most is that he does not tolerate that type of behavior in his town. And this highlights the biggest problem in societies today: people don't care. It makes me sad every time I hear about some tragedy where people stood by and allowed it to occur.

It's time that the people of this country take an interest in the safety of their communities, the safety of others. I do it everywhere I go, my community or not. Take an active interest in your community. Help create the safe neighborhood that you enjoyed growing up.

B Strong
01-12-2011, 7:12 AM
Good on Joe -

Pretty soon the anti-Second Amendment shows and commentators are going to ditch him for more compliant/less direct subjects, and interviewees that will agree with their pov.

I love how the show commentator prefaces his anti-2a statement with justification through his "10-12-20 gauge" shotgun possession...

Elmer Fudd w/o the hat and speech impediment.

DTOM CA!
01-12-2011, 9:17 AM

Does anyone actually think if this law was in place that it would have prevented this tragedy ? Why don't they just make a law where everyone has to be nice to each other. That would fix everything.

KALIDAWG8996
01-12-2011, 9:40 AM

That is really really nieve of them to think that by passing a law banning the carrying a weapons within a certain range that it will protect Congressmen and women. We can all see this yet, it is proposed.... much like Joe said, a nutjob or someone with the will and intent to cause harm will do so at any expense even if it costs him his/her life or those around him theirs....this really does leave them more vulnurable with a false sense of security....its the political equivalent of the maginot line or Chamberlain's "We will have peace in our time."