PDA

View Full Version : Would u buy an AK from me?

mailman
08-10-2006, 12:40 PM
I was wondering if I could get some feedback from everyone, because all u guys would be potential customers, on whether or not I should try and sell CA legal AKs when I move to NV in a few months. Would anyone be interested in an OL AK either fixed stock or underfolder? What price range does everyone think is reasonable?

Thanks,
Dave

JPglee1
08-10-2006, 12:42 PM
I was wondering if I could get some feedback from everyone, because all u guys would be potential customers, on whether or not I should try and sell CA legal AKs when I move to NV in a few months. Would anyone be interested in an OL AK either fixed stock or underfolder? What price range does everyone think is reasonable?

Thanks,
Dave

You have an 01 FFL?

If you have one, sure I'd buy from you. I'd buy from anyone willing to do the deal, LEGALLY.

JP

mailman
08-10-2006, 12:44 PM
no I don't have an FFL, but I'm over 21 and have a few months to figure it out, I was thinking about getting an FFL for my personal collection purchases anyways.

JPglee1
08-10-2006, 12:50 PM
no I don't have an FFL, but I'm over 21 and have a few months to figure it out, I was thinking about getting an FFL for my personal collection purchases anyways.

Well, an 01 FFL is a lot harder to get than an 03 FFL, at least in SoCal. Its probably a lot easier in NV.

Give it a whirl.

If you're gonna go thru all that hassle, get your 01 FFL, then get your 07/SOT FFL so you can make post samples and suppressors. You can rent post samples at a F/A range and make mega $$$ in no time. $500 to build a F/A AK, charge $15 for 30rds or something... You'd make a killing, especially if you had a monkey in the back doing reloads all day...

If You make it happen and need help I'd move to NV and build all the post samples and suppressors you can sell :)

JP

xenophobe
08-10-2006, 1:43 PM

An 01 FFL is issued for the sole purpose of selling firearms commercially. If you can not show that you make for-profit transactions if the ATF audits you, it may be suspended or revoked.

ohsmily
08-10-2006, 2:06 PM
01 FFLs won't be issued for the purpose of "improving or increasing their personal collection"...it says that in the paperwork and on the website.

anotherone
08-10-2006, 2:21 PM
if you build it they will come...

Redchevyman
08-10-2006, 2:25 PM
An 01 FFL is issued for the sole purpose of selling firearms commercially. If you can not show that you make for-profit transactions if the ATF audits you, it may be suspended or revoked.
What type of licence would you need to build/manufacure semi auto firearms for sale commercially?

leelaw
08-10-2006, 3:25 PM
What type of licence would you need to build/manufacure semi auto firearms for sale commercially?

07 is a manufacturing license, I think.

JPglee1
08-10-2006, 3:28 PM
07 is a manufacturing license, I think.

Yes, correct.

But you have to be an 01 FFL first, then add the 07 FFL afterwards.

JP

ts
08-10-2006, 4:13 PM
If you made AK's that came with DOJ docs and a mag system like the one Alantic sells then I would def. buy one from you.

chickenfried
08-10-2006, 4:20 PM
No..........
Would u buy an AK from me?

mailman
08-11-2006, 10:14 AM
i can't see u ;)

Mike Searson
08-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Buying an AK from a Mailman?

Hmmmm....

mailman
08-11-2006, 10:22 AM
is it open mic night?

Redchevyman
08-11-2006, 7:58 PM
Buying an AK from a Mailman?

Hmmmm.... Who else but a mailman would you expect to have an AK...LOL!!:)

Mudvayne540ld
08-11-2006, 10:25 PM
shoot. My dad has a valid NV DL. Make a CA Legal one for me, I would be willing to pay $500 - $650. The Original AK-47 that is. :D
Where about in NV will you be?

JPglee1
08-11-2006, 10:47 PM
shoot. My dad has a valid NV DL. Make a CA Legal one for me, I would be willing to pay $500 - $650. The Original AK-47 that is. :D
Where about in NV will you be?

He cannot legally build one for the specific purpouse of selling it... That requires an 07 FFL license.

He could build one for personal use, then 3 months down the road sell it to some random person, and be legal, but if you 2 negotiated a deal as you're suggesting above, no matter how long the time interval between the "Deal" and delivery..it would still be an illegal manufacture of a rifle with intent to sell it by an unlicensed individual...

Bad BAD juju there hombres. If you wanna build guns to sell them for profit, you need the correct papers/FFL stuff.

Be smart out there people. This stuff is FEDERAL law, not California law.

J

Mudvayne540ld
08-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Would it be considered "building" if he were to attach a pinned magazine to a normal OLL AK tho?
I guess I could have my dad buy it there. Bring it back in under CA regs. and transfer it to me tho.

JPglee1
08-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Would it be considered "building" if he were to attach a pinned magazine to a normal OLL AK tho?
I guess I could have my dad buy it there. Bring it back in under CA regs. and transfer it to me tho.

Yep, he's assembling a gun on a receiver that is 100% complete, he needs an FFL to do that and then sell it to you.

You, however, could do it yourself legally. Just buy a Nodakspud receiver and a parts kit and put it together.

If you have no desire to register it if they open a period, you could build it on a laser cut flat or bent blank receiver as well. No FFL needed since you did the work.

I WAS gonna build a SAIGA style AK, but with all the problems getting decent 762x39, Im scrapping that project. Ive got (2) SAIGA stocks and (1) SAIGA 308 FCG and (1) SAIGA S12 handguard I'm not gonna use that I will prolly sell.

I'm gonna try to sell all this spare stuff I have to get enough $$$ to buy a POF upper and assemble an OLL AR with SRB. I have a shorty AK parts kit, a 20" AR upper, an XM177 style upper, and some other stuff like my SKS I wanna sell. I'd like to do a package of all of it at once for one price, or trade for a POF upper...

J

Santa Cruz Armory
08-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Yep, he's assembling a gun on a receiver that is 100% complete, he needs an FFL to do that and then sell it to you.

You, however, could do it yourself legally. Just buy a Nodakspud receiver and a parts kit and put it together.

If you have no desire to register it if they open a period, you could build it on a laser cut flat or bent blank receiver as well. No FFL needed since you did the work.

I WAS gonna build a SAIGA style AK, but with all the problems getting decent 762x39, Im scrapping that project. Ive got (2) SAIGA stocks and (1) SAIGA 308 FCG and (1) SAIGA S12 handguard I'm not gonna use that I will prolly sell.

I'm gonna try to sell all this spare stuff I have to get enough $$$ to buy a POF upper and assemble an OLL AR with SRB. I have a shorty AK parts kit, a 20" AR upper, an XM177 style upper, and some other stuff like my SKS I wanna sell. I'd like to do a package of all of it at once for one price, or trade for a POF upper...

J

You have a PM...(2) :D