PDA

View Full Version : sighting red dot on shotgun

javalos
01-10-2011, 7:07 PM
Home defense Benelli Supernova (18.5" barrel). Shells are 00 buckshot. Would like to put a EOTech on it for low light conditions. At what range should I zero this shotgun at?

EdCo
01-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I think it would be a lot better to sight it in using slugs. Once you have it dialed in, I don't think you should have a problems with 00 buck. As far as distance goes maybe 50 yards?

hcbr
01-12-2011, 12:52 PM
I'd agree with EdCo, try it with slugs first, buckshot will just confuse the heck out of you when zero'ing it in.

Shrubmaster
03-12-2011, 11:04 PM
When using optics on a shotgun, always sight it in with a laser bore sight. Everyone should have one anyways, its a great $28 investment and will save you countless headaches and lots of very expensive high velocity slugs.

zombiescanlearn
03-22-2011, 3:24 PM
I agree, pick up a laser bore sight

AlliedArmory
03-22-2011, 3:30 PM
Zero it in with slugs at 10 yrds or so. Your 00 buck will be fine with that zero.

Charles M. Failure
06-01-2011, 12:54 AM
When using optics on a shotgun, always sight it in with a laser bore sight. Everyone should have one anyways, its a great $28 investment and will save you countless headaches and lots of very expensive high velocity slugs.

Even what little I know about ballistics, I do not think a 12 GA slug travels a laser path... Does it??

ATS*FCB
06-10-2011, 1:11 AM
looking to set up my eotech aswell for my shotgun.

i'll try to make it out to an outdoor range soon and see how it does but i did try the eotech out at the local indoor range and i was only able to use my federal field & target loads since i couldn't use my 00's or slugs in there.

i just mounted the eotech on and didn't try to dial anything in yet but shooting it at about 25ft all the spots i aimed at on paper hit real good as if it was zeroed in already.

i aimed at the throat, chest, stomach, hips and shoulders on the target and it hit spots dead on the area.

so far so good...