PDA

View Full Version : First AR-15 build w/ Dissipator Upper Assy

ammo_junkie
01-10-2011, 3:56 PM
I'm planning on my first AR-15 build. I'm thinking of going for a 16" Dissipator Upper assembly which apparently from reading other threads I can have mailed to me directly from the Bushmaster web site.
My question is: what type as far as brand of lower receiver should I look into or consider for this build. I want the pistol grip, flash suppressor and collapsible stock so I know I'll have to either get a bullet button assembly or settle for a fixed mag. I live in the San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles. Are there any dealers close to me where I can purchase the lower receiver? Or am I better off buying online and completing the transaction through dealer with a FFL?

Thanks.

sniper4usmc
01-10-2011, 3:58 PM
riflegear has some $99 lower for sale

gun toting monkeyboy
01-10-2011, 4:01 PM
A bullet button is a fixed mag. The choices are either featureless with a detachable mag, or a fixed mag with evil features. Since you want all the fun, evil features, get a BB, a 10 round magazine, and have fun. Also, please be sure to read the AW Flowchart to make sure you stay out of trouble. And you can have every part of the AR mailed to you except the lower receiver itself. Pick whichever one floats your boat and go for it.

ammo_junkie
01-10-2011, 4:06 PM
riflegear has some $99 lower for sale

Just looked at the Stag Arms Tactical Complete Lower Receiver. Do they make decent or quality lowers?

ammo_junkie
01-10-2011, 4:08 PM
A bullet button is a fixed mag. The choices are either featureless with a detachable mag, or a fixed mag with evil features. Since you want all the fun, evil features, get a BB, a 10 round magazine, and have fun. Also, please be sure to read the AW Flowchart to make sure you stay out of trouble. And you can have every part of the AR mailed to you except the lower receiver itself. Pick whichever one floats your boat and go for it.

I'm liking this one http://www.riflegear.com/p-870-stag-arms-tactical-complete-lower-receiver.aspx As for the BB. Is that something that I have to separately add myself?

gun toting monkeyboy
01-10-2011, 4:22 PM
I'm liking this one http://www.riflegear.com/p-870-stag-arms-tactical-complete-lower-receiver.aspx As for the BB. Is that something that I have to separately add myself?

Talk to the people at Riflegear. They sell the bullet buttons for $20. See if they will put it on your lower for you before they ship it out. If so, you are good to go.

B yond
01-10-2011, 6:58 PM
Just looked at the Stag Arms Tactical Complete Lower Receiver. Do they make decent or quality lowers?

I run a Stag (and by run I mean shoot nearly every single weekend rain or shine) and have had no problems with it.

Bo0tyBandit
01-10-2011, 8:21 PM
http://www.jdmachinetech.com/about.html
San Diego, Ca local family company contracted through the military very solid stuff lifetime guarantee check them out. You can also by directly from them(so no ffl fee)Ooh and lowers for $99 bucks!!