PDA

View Full Version : DULZURA Range OLL Friendly?

Nefarious
08-10-2006, 9:43 AM
The link to the Dulzura range does not seem to be working. Ive tried googling the the range also, but cannot find a current website (forum searched here and did not find much info).

Im basically going to be taking out my AR (along with some other long range)for its virgin run today. Going with my father, brother. Dad wants to go to the actual range in Dulzura (South Bay Rod & Gun Club), instead of Orosco Ridge. How are they with OLL's?

ohsmily
08-10-2006, 9:49 AM
They are fine. Have you ever been to SBRGC? It is volunteer run. All the RO's are volunteers who put in a day or two (or more) per month. So, you might run into some guy who doesn't like your OLL, but for the most part, the old guys there wouldn't care if you brought in a rocket launcher (provided that you didn't damage the range and were SAFE).

Just so you know ahead of time, SBRGC doesn't sell anything except for eyes, ears, and targets. There is no shop. They have a bathroom and a vending machine.

Bring everything you need.

The place is 50 bucks for a 1 year membership, unlimited use of rifle range, pistol range, 100m range, and the shotgun range (plus cost per round of clays).

Gunsrruss
08-10-2006, 10:07 AM
The link to the Dulzura range does not seem to be working. Ive tried googling the the range also, but cannot find a current website (forum searched here and did not find much info).

Im basically going to be taking out my AR (along with some other long range)for its virgin run today. Going with my father, brother. Dad wants to go to the actual range in Dulzura (South Bay Rod & Gun Club), instead of Orosco Ridge. How are they with OLL's?

As long as you are safe they will not hassel you. I took both my OLL out there to check out the triggers. I didn't even get a glance. Both are configured normally. If you want tobe a real hero bring a dog biscuit out for the Range dog Samantha. She will love you for life.

Nefarious
08-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Good to know. Would hate to have gone out there... and been able to shoot all but my WHOLE reason for actually going :)

I myself have never been there - that i can remember anyway; might have gone there when I was too young to remember though. Illl make sure to pack up everything I need ahead of time. Thanks for the info

Nefarious
08-10-2006, 10:09 AM
If you want tobe a real hero bring a dog biscuit out for the Range dog Samantha. She will love you for life.

HAHA!!!. Ill have to steal some from my dog's.

Gunsrruss
08-10-2006, 10:14 AM
HAHA!!!. Ill have to steal some from my dog's.

Everyone loves Samantha. She's been run over and snake bit more times than I can say. But, if you pet her and rub on her remember to hit the Bathroom and wash your hands. Pet the dog take a bath. She is a dirty dog

Satex
08-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Whenever I go to South Bay R&G club there are folks shooting anything and everything. People are cool out there. ROs are very nice. Safety is the #1 concern. The only time they will tell you something is if it has to do with safety. I have seen many ARs out there.

SDJim
08-10-2006, 8:53 PM
Dam,

There's more of us down here than I thought.

Now that I'm retired, I go out to SBR&G about 2 or three times a month. We had a discussion about this issue (usage of OLL's) after last months HP Shoot and the consensus is as long as your shooting safely, no one is going to bug you. Also, as far as anyone knows, there havenít been any LEOís checking paperwork on the line either.

Normally one of the ROís will check out what your shooting and as long as you look like you know what your doing, they leave you alone.

Usually early in the morning, BR & BP to the left, military rifles to the right. I donít know why, it just works out that way.

Nefarious
08-11-2006, 10:21 AM
By any chance do they have metal targets set out at the different stages?

Looks like im heading out there in the next hour or so. Was going to go yesterday, but something came up.

packing up, got the cooler, got the family... LETS GO already :D

Edit: im off... time to have some fun

ohsmily
08-11-2006, 12:32 PM
They only have steel for matches.