PDA

View Full Version : Pieced together a rifle, am I missing anything?

Yeemix
08-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Couldn't sleep tonight, busy study for a calculus final. So I took a break and pieced together my future rifle. Can you let me know if I am missing anything crucial? Also, I just thought about this, but how do you load the fixed magazine when using the Prince 50 Mag Lock Kit? I'm going to do a search right now, but asking just in case. *EDIT* Ha, knew I would find it. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=35573&highlight=loading+prince50

1. DoubleStar Stripped Lower
2. RRA Standard LPK
3. RRA CAR A4 Upper
4. RRA 6 position stock
5. Prince 50 Mag Lock Kit
6. Bushmaster 10 round mag

williamkwong
08-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Dont really need much else.

And you break open the upper to load it.

creampuff
08-10-2006, 12:46 AM
1. DoubleStar Stripped Lower
2. RRA Standard LPK
3. RRA CAR A4 Upper
4. RRA 6 position stock
5. Prince 50 Mag Lock Kit
6. Bushmaster 10 round mag

If you should ever decide to take the detachable magazine, SB23 compliant route:

then:
Scratch #4: and replace with a fixed buttstock
Scratch #5 out: and replace it with the Monsterman grip or BuBye's SRB.
Add #7: Muzzle brake or Threaded protector to replace the flashhider.

Having used both the Monsterman and the SRB, I am happy with the detachable mag setup.

maschronic
08-10-2006, 12:50 AM
AMMO!!!!!!!! and A LOT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yeah...targets!!!!!

The SoCal Gunner
08-10-2006, 1:51 AM
Since you are going with an A4 upper, does it come with iron sights?

Mudvayne540ld
08-10-2006, 2:30 AM
I would recomend an extended takedown pin from 10%

Yeemix
08-10-2006, 8:23 AM
Since you are going with an A4 upper, does it come with iron sights?

You know, I was looking at that too when I made my purchase, but I will eventually be getting optics sighting.

Scotto
08-10-2006, 8:39 AM
somebody posted something about using the real thick insulating electrical tape to put over the deflector. apperently it slows it down alot. might want to try because those rolls are about $3....

maschronic
08-10-2006, 8:40 AM
I would recomend an extended takedown pin from 10%

i totally agree with Mud. you have to get the extended takedown pin!!! i got mine on backorder.

ohsmily
08-10-2006, 9:18 AM
If you should ever decide to take the detachable magazine, SB23 compliant route:

Add #7: Muzzle brake or Threaded protector to replace the flashhider.

Or just leave the the muzzle plain with exposed threads if you don't want to get a brake or thread protector.

JALLEN
08-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Or just leave the the muzzle plain with exposed threads if you don't want to get a brake or thread protector.

I hope this isn't the stupid question everyone denies exists ("...no such thing as a stupid question...") but can anyone explain the difference between a muzzle brake and a flash hider?

I have the OLL and Stag Arms upper dressed up as an M4gery with a gizmo on the far end of the barrel, and I'd give anything to know which it is and how to tell? If it is the dreaded flash hider and I want/need to remove it, how would I do that?

Mudvayne540ld
08-16-2006, 12:12 PM
in short: Muzzle Break Redirects gasses to conteract recoil/muzzle flip
Flash Hider Redirects or reduces muzzle flash from the shooters field of vision.

Flash Hiders will have a larger opening, while Muzzle Breaks will have the same exit hole as the barrel. Here is a Muzzle Break: http://www.wilsoncombat.com/r_muzz_brake.asp | *Note Small Opening
Here is a Flash Hider:http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FG&Product_Code=1332&Category_Code=ARA+FLASHHIDERS | *Note large opening

there was a big discussion on this a while ago.... you should try the search feature.

megavolt121
08-16-2006, 12:21 PM
somebody posted something about using the real thick insulating electrical tape to put over the deflector. apperently it slows it down alot. might want to try because those rolls are about $3....

Huh? What's this for? Isnt the deflector outside of the upper?! I'm confused...

JALLEN
08-16-2006, 5:47 PM
I did, and that's how I found this thread. Nothing I saw here or on any other of the several forums I checked had the explanation you gave and I am grateful.

Maybe the next guy will search and find this dialogue.

Thanks for the help.

NoobShooter
08-17-2006, 10:35 PM
I would always suggest iron sights first... before optics. Since it's not going to be an exclusive sniper or match rifle.

Ammo is easy to get... I say start making your own target stands.. ;)

metalhead357
08-17-2006, 11:39 PM
ummmmm,

How about something to CLEAN all this with:D

taloft
08-18-2006, 12:22 AM
A nice case to transport it in so you don't scare the other peasants.:D

caliar15
08-18-2006, 4:40 PM
in short: Muzzle Break Redirects gasses to conteract recoil/muzzle flip
Flash Hider Redirects or reduces muzzle flash from the shooters field of vision.

Flash Hiders will have a larger opening, while Muzzle Breaks will have the same exit hole as the barrel. Here is a Muzzle Break: http://www.wilsoncombat.com/r_muzz_brake.asp | *Note Small Opening
Here is a Flash Hider:http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FG&Product_Code=1332&Category_Code=ARA+FLASHHIDERS | *Note large opening

there was a big discussion on this a while ago.... you should try the search feature.
A flash hider has elongated holes and a brake has round holes.
Be carful with the wilson as that could be called a flash hider by just looks alone