PDA

View Full Version : Fallout from AZ shooting....

furyous68
01-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Strap on your boots boys... here we go!

Let me first state that this was a tragedy, and I hope Congresswoman Giffords pulls through. The man who did this should get the death penalty, at the very least never breath free air for the rest of his life. And my thoughts go out to the families of the victims.

That said, here comes the attack...

"The only reason to have 33 bullets loaded in a handgun is to kill a lot of people very quickly," Lautenberg said. "These high-capacity clips simply should not be on the market. Before 2004, these ammunition clips were banned, and they must be banned again. When the Senate returns to Washington, I will introduce legislation to prohibit this type of high-capacity clip."

Here's the article: http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/01/lautenberg_wants_ban_on_high-capacity_gun_clip_used_in_giffords_shooting.php?re f=mblt

Funny how the article makes the "high capacity clip" seem at fault for the killings. 6 people were killed, and 1 severely wounded... that's 7 bullets... leaves 3 more in a 10 round mag. People need to start holding the person accountable, and not the guns or gun accessories.

Silverlake223
01-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Yes, I just read the article. You knew it was coming. Never mind the nut job, go after the gun, and mags...

BunnySlayer
01-10-2011, 12:02 PM
One has to wonder which is the lower form of humanity, the wackjob who goes on a shooting spree or the wackjob politician who capitilizes both personaly and professionally from the death and misfortune of others.

Joe
01-10-2011, 12:04 PM
One has to wonder which is the lower form of humanity, the wackjob who goes on a shooting spree or the wackjob politician who capitilizes both personaly and professionally from the death and misfortune of others.

The answer is pretty obvious. The politician.

Jack L
01-10-2011, 12:05 PM
McCarthy, Lautenberg seek to ban high-capacity ammo magazines

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/10/5805421-mccarthy-lautenberg-seek-to-ban-high-capacity-ammo-magazines

pgg
01-10-2011, 12:09 PM
"The only reason to have 33 bullets loaded in a handgun is to kill a lot of people very quickly," Lautenberg said.

You know, I agree with this.

Let's skip the politically correct word mincing, and come right out and acknowledge that the purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to protect the right of the people to kill other people in defense of their liberty.

The 2nd Amendment isn't about deer hunting or target shooting. Magazine capacity restrictions make some sense when it comes to regulated hunting or tournament events. When it comes to the People retaining the power to resist tyranny, there is no possible defense of such restrictions.

J.D.Allen
01-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Strap on your boots boys... here we go!

Let me first state that this was a tragedy, and I hope Congresswoman Giffords pulls through. The man who did this should get the death penalty, at the very least never breath free air for the rest of his life. And my thoughts go out to the families of the victims.

That said, here comes the attack...

Here's the article: http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/01/lautenberg_wants_ban_on_high-capacity_gun_clip_used_in_giffords_shooting.php?re f=mblt

Funny how the article makes the "high capacity clip" seem at fault for the killings. 6 people were killed, and 1 severely wounded... that's 7 bullets... leaves 3 more in a 10 round mag. People need to start holding the person accountable, and not the guns or gun accessories.

I agree with the intent of what you're saying.

But you really have no idea how many bullets killed those eight people. You're assuming each person was only shot once. The guy supposedly emptied a thirty round mag. We don't know if he missed with any of them.

If you're going to make an argument, you have to have your ducks in a row first.

Coded-Dude
01-10-2011, 12:18 PM
banning these magazines will not prevent criminals from obtaining them.......

yellowfin
01-10-2011, 12:22 PM
"The only reason to have 33 bullets loaded in a handgun is to kill a lot of people very quickly," Lautenberg said.Or to stop 2 or 3 that duck and move and/or are psyched up on drugs and don't drop very quickly when it only takes them 2-3 seconds to close the distance between where they are and where you and your loved ones are. Quite honestly if some freak is threatening my life or that of those I love and/or are near me, I don't see how it's any politician or anyone else's business what I use to stop the threat. In fact I don't recall asking Lautenberg to open his mouth one single time to tell me or anyone what the purpose of anything I own or might own is. So that worthless piece of pond slime can shut his worthless piehole.

NRAhighpowershooter
01-10-2011, 12:23 PM
thread like this in OT