PDA

View Full Version : Question on CA laws

nearsightednate
08-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Greetings all.

I've been reading a lot of posts on this forum but I have a question. If I understand correctly, if/when a lower goes on the list, you can then register it as an assault weapon and build it up how you want to with a detachable magazine. Now here's my question: If a person owns 5 OLL that go on the list, does he have to build all 5 of them up before he registers them or can that person take their time and build them up over a year or two's time?

Thanks for your time.
Nate

xenophobe
08-10-2006, 12:34 AM
If they were to ever list, and you had them, you would have to register them, and then you could build them at your leisure.

Big IF though...

nearsightednate
08-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Hi Xenophobe

Is it probable that most OLL will stay off list?

Thanks.
Nate

chiefcrash
08-10-2006, 8:33 AM
Greetings all.

I've been reading a lot of posts on this forum but I have a question. If I understand correctly, if/when a lower goes on the list, you can then register it as an assault weapon and build it up how you want to with a detachable magazine. Now here's my question: If a person owns 5 OLL that go on the list, does he have to build all 5 of them up before he registers them or can that person take their time and build them up over a year or two's time?

Thanks for your time.
Nate

From a legal standpoint, the reciever *IS* the firearm. So if they listed the reciever, you could register it as a AW. Then you could do whatever you wanted with it (minus grenade launchers i believe)

But they're never gonna list 'em. They know that's what we want. They don't want to let 30k+ more AW exsist in a non-nerf'd state.

bu-bye
08-10-2006, 11:00 AM
But they're never gonna list 'em. They know that's what we want. They don't want to let 30k+ more AW exsist in a non-nerf'd state.

True but like it or not there are 30K AW capable receivers in this state:D. For most people, its not about the day at the range that causes them to spend so much for a hunk of metal, its about what might happen tomorrow. Katrina opened a lot of eyes and we now know that the only person you can trust when the SHTF is yourself. Sure they are fun and we like doing it but in the end we all buy guns for the perservation of the lives of our loved ones. List or no list, I feel well protected and ready

"Its better to have and not need then need and not have":)

Jicko
08-10-2006, 11:11 AM

No one knows how it will play out.... just like no one knows when SHTF!

If "detachable magazine" is all you want, you can build your rifle with a detachable magazine if you go "gripless" or use a "Monsterman Grip"... and take out all "evil features" (no telescoping stock, no forward pistol grip, no flashhider)... your rifle will function quite the same as a "free state AR15"

http://images16.fotki.com/v316/photos/2/26966/3318337/IMG_5223-th.jpg (http://images16.fotki.com/v316/photos/2/26966/3318337/IMG_5223-vi.jpg)

If you want "the look"... then just build a fixed mag CA-AR, then you can have everything you want... to make it look like a M4, a SPR, basically whatever you want it to "look" like.... you can even get 30rounds magazine look-a-like with only 10rounds capacaity!

http://images17.fotki.com/v309/photos/2/26966/3579017/IMG_5195-th.jpg (http://images17.fotki.com/v309/photos/2/26966/3579017/IMG_5195-vi.jpg)

Whether it list or not... you will still have a *nice* rifle to play with.... something MUCH cheaper than alternatives (ie. Fab10 etc)

But if you don't buy NOW, and if they DO list... then you are left with NOTHING to play with....

If you are not financially sound to build anything right now... just go and get your lower receiver.... and just sit on it until you got the $...

xrMike
08-10-2006, 11:46 AM
But they're never gonna list 'em. They know that's what we want. They don't want to let 30k+ more AW exsist in a non-nerf'd state.Part of me wonders if the reason they KNOW that's what we want is because hundreds of people basically said that, gleefully and openly, right here on this website, instead of keeping their mouths shut...

???

chiefcrash
08-10-2006, 11:52 AM
But if you don't buy NOW, and if they DO list... then you are left with NOTHING to play with....

not true. if they list all of the OLLs out there right now, all the company has to do is stamp a different model number on it and it becomes another OLL

shonc99
08-10-2006, 5:05 PM
Part of me wonders if the reason they KNOW that's what we want is because hundreds of people basically said that, gleefully and openly, right here on this website, instead of keeping their mouths shut...

???

The DOJ isn't THAT stupid. As people wrote to the DOJ asking questions about OLLs', they had to analyze each question and then reflect on how their response would affect us and the situation in general. We seriously cought them with their pants down though, and they knew it from the get go. All along they have been trying to slither out from underneath the BIG mess they neglected to maintain. Think about this; we, an internet forum and other associations, groups etc., have caused the Great Kalifornia DOJ to scramble to try to keep from allowing what was suposed to be permenantly banned AR and AK type rifles from being lawfully owned and kept by the subjects of this great demopressionistic regime. They will NEVER openly admit that they screwed up by way of being complacent, but that's politics for you. The only thing I wish is that each candidate running against the current officials would learn about the OLL situation and bring it into the general public.

gose
08-10-2006, 5:29 PM
Hi Xenophobe

Thanks.
Nate

It is probably that they ALL will stay off list.

Shane916
08-10-2006, 5:39 PM

No one knows. Whatever is said as far as Yes/No, is complete speculation :) We all hope they list but there is no answer to that question as of today :cool:

glockk9mm
08-10-2006, 7:09 PM
Does this mean if they list it automaticaly allows us to register them as AW's?

blkA4alb
08-10-2006, 7:37 PM
Does this mean if they list it automaticaly allows us to register them as AW's?
If they listed you would be required to register it, destroy it, or sell it out of state.