PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need advice on .22LR revolver.

cnj
01-09-2011, 1:24 PM
Hi all.
I am in the market for a .22LR revolver. Price point for me is under $400, so the S&W 617 is out. The Taurus model 94 is out as well, due to all of the issues I have read about.
I THINK I have it narrowed down to either the Taurus Tracker or the Charter Arms Pathfinder.....both in SS with 4" (or under) barrel. Does anyone own either the Tracker or Pathfinder, or do you have other recommendations? Also, if you have had a good experience with a dealer local to Riverside/Corona/San Bernardino, please share! Thanks!

redcliff
01-09-2011, 1:54 PM
Save up another $100 bucks and you can probably find a GOOD used SW K-22 revolver that will become a family heirloom. Find out which dealers in your area have active handgun consignment sections and keep checking each week; something nice will show up.

SteveMartin
01-09-2011, 4:51 PM
If you're considering 22 revolvers, you should also be looking at the Ruger Single Six.

joeyant
01-09-2011, 4:53 PM
Are you a Californian? The guns you mentioned are nowhere near the CA DOJ approved list. I suggest you start there and then narrow your choices, instead of pining for models that are not even allowed in this great state of ours.

cnj
01-09-2011, 5:04 PM
Are you a Californian? The guns you mentioned are nowhere near the CA DOJ approved list. I suggest you start there and then narrow your choices, instead of pining for models that are not even allowed in this great state of ours.

Yup. Californian. Wow, you are right! I just checked the list....I guess I just ASSUMED the two guns I was considering were OK here. This certainly changes things. Thanks for pointing this out.

shadow65
01-09-2011, 5:05 PM
I have to ask. Why or what would be restricted by CA Law concerning a .22 revolver?:confused:

joeyant
01-09-2011, 5:07 PM
I have to ask. Why or what would be restricted by CA Law concerning a .22 revolver?:confused:

Come visit us in California and see for yourself........

redcliff
01-09-2011, 5:38 PM
Many of the S&W K-22 revolvers are C&R due to their age; you could buy one made before 1960 off of Gunbroker if you didn't find one locally and it would be a roster-exempt transaction.

cnj
01-09-2011, 6:08 PM
Many of the S&W K-22 revolvers are C&R due to their age; you could buy one made before 1960 off of Gunbroker if you didn't find one locally and it would be a roster-exempt transaction.
Hmmmmmm........

jackandblood
01-09-2011, 6:31 PM
is a DA operation important to you? SAO you get a ton of very affordable choices. I forgot the make/model but there's one does .lr and .wmr which is 8 shot capacity. Heritage has their 9 cap out now. I wouldn't get one without the adjustable rear sight tho.