View Full Version : Wii Remote Hacks - Shooting Range/Dry Fire/Laser Idea

01-09-2011, 12:44 PM
I watched his videos on how he created a multi touch white board using just a WIi remote. Very impressive given how much theses devices cost.

It got me to thinking how hard would it be to do something that would create an indoor range type program where you dry fired with a laselyte device or SIRT an your hits would show up on the screen. You could project right over a silhouette or other feature. Looked liked it would work write on a laptop lcd.

I recall another member did it with a program called MATLAB with a webcam but that seemed out of tech reach do to the program.

This seems doable based on what he did. Wish I had the programming skills or I would do it.

Hope there is a techie Calgunner who could hack this.

The wii remote seems to be a great input device.

01-13-2011, 8:38 PM
NICE! If I had more time I could integrate this with a game I wrote with OpenGL that would be perfect for dry fire practice. It basically was a collision detection exercise where targets would randomly fly across the a 2D room in a random direction, at random speed, and random rotation.

01-13-2011, 8:47 PM
Another cool thing ive seen was using the wiimote as a remote to control the iphone. The wiimote has the same 2.4Ghz frequency as any standard bluetooth, so if you can make the right software, you can basically have it do anything.

01-13-2011, 8:52 PM
the white board is awesome

01-13-2011, 9:02 PM
That is super neat

01-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Combining this with a dry fire practice program would be terrific!

01-14-2011, 12:34 AM
the white board is awesome

Yes. Yes, it is.