PDA

View Full Version : Does this reverse logic have any legal support for a right to concealed carry?

JimWest
01-09-2011, 11:17 AM
It seems more localities are becoming more CC friendly. And as one travels on recreation or business through one that would issue a permit to one of its residents, that traveler should be able to apply for and receive a permit because he is at that point no different in his need for one than a local resident. Yet we have rules applied based on our place of residence. This is not a reflection of the need for CC or the way we live in modern society.
So the question is: Would this be a valid legal strategy to employ? Certainly at the very least, each outlying community that becomes as close to shall issue as possible must undermine the efforts of NO issue counties, eh?:confused:

Merc1138
01-09-2011, 11:19 AM
You mean like working in one county and living in another? I've read about CCW's issued with restrictions for it being during work related travel only. But I don't know if there's been a case of the issuing county being the work location.

Crom
01-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Assuming your speaking to California, it's not a valid strategy. Winning a right-to-carry case in the Federal courts is a better strategy. Once that case law exists, you may apply in your county and you're good to go. As it stands now in California, carry is a privilege and not a right. A federal civil rights lawsuit will change that once and forever.

Librarian
01-09-2011, 11:46 AM
However, it IS part of the strategy on the larger stage - see Peterson V LaCabe (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Peterson_v._LaCabe), a Colorado case.

Gray Peterson is a very active member here.

JimWest
01-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Yes, I was speaking to mainly California. And thanks for that: Peterson V LaCabe case. I will be watching it. I can't say how much I appreciate this forum and everyone's replies. Keeping us educated is important to getting the job done.
(Good for morale, motivation and donation!)