PDA

View Full Version : Coyote Hunting Requirements?

Skyler76
01-09-2011, 9:30 AM
I've been hunting since I was 6, everything from rabbits to red deer and everything in Scotland in between. I was brought up in Scotland but moved here 12 years ago. I haven't hunted since I've been here but I'd like to go out and hunt some coyotes.

What do I need to do? I don't have a hunting license nor know how to go about getting one. I have no idea where legally I can call coyotes. I'm in the Sacramento area.

Can you guys help me out? Thanks!

Tacticool
01-09-2011, 9:46 AM
First you need to take a hunter safety course. You can do it online and finish a portion of it in a classroom or just take the full day course. After you pass, get your hunter safety card and go purchase a hunting license. You don't need special tags for coyote or any non ghame animal. Check the Ca. DFG website and see whats in season. Coyote's are year round.

You can hunt any National Forest and BLM land in your area but its always good to check in with the forest service or BLM office if there's any restrictions on the land you want to hunt.

toby
01-09-2011, 10:07 AM
After the above^^^^ you can hook-up with one of three or four guy's here on this site and go hunting... or get some top secret locations...oh wait that won't happen :rolleyes:

msand951
01-09-2011, 11:24 AM
This is a great forum , with good guys to help you get started.
http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/index.php?showforum=7

lewdogg21
01-09-2011, 2:29 PM
I've been hunting since I was 6, everything from rabbits to red deer and everything in Scotland in between. I was brought up in Scotland but moved here 12 years ago. I haven't hunted since I've been here but I'd like to go out and hunt some coyotes.

What do I need to do? I don't have a hunting license nor know how to go about getting one. I have no idea where legally I can call coyotes. I'm in the Sacramento area.

Can you guys help me out? Thanks!

Above suggestions are correct. To locate a hunters safety available courses you can try calling any of the hunting stores in town. Broadway Bait (downtown), Sportsmens Warehouse (Rocklin, in case your up this way), etc.

Skyler76
01-09-2011, 3:04 PM
Great info, thanks guys!

Tripper
01-09-2011, 3:11 PM
or go here to see where a bunch of classes are at
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/huntered/classes.aspx

1lostinspace
01-09-2011, 3:12 PM
I have a friend that shoots them drive bye style!!

I told him dude why not just hunt them?

His reply was it's easier this way!