View Full Version : Feasibility of a new range??

]-|-[ GunBomB
08-08-2006, 9:04 PM
Does anyone know how many variables there are to opening a gun range in Nor-Cal, say, in the Stanislaus Co or San Joaquin Co? Every Co must be different I'm sure, but are there general guidelines and requirements that the counties go by? Generally is it too restrictive in this day and age to think about? Anyone that has tried or knows the in's and out's could greatly help. Anyone that could point me in the proper direction? Maybe I'm just thinkin' too much...

Mssr. Eleganté
08-08-2006, 10:14 PM
The NRA has a range development program that helps you go through all of the steps for planning, approval, design, construction and operation of a shooting range.

You are probably not at the stage right now where you'd be willing to pay $400 plus airfare and hotel to attend the next conference, but if you contact them maybe they have a book or something you can buy to get more info on the process. Or they might be able to put you in contact with somebody local to your area who can help.

08-09-2006, 2:38 PM
The NRA has a good book on range developement called "The NRA range source book" you can get it at http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/sourcebook.asp It comes as a book ($50) or on a CD (pdf files for $20) It is a good book.