PDA

View Full Version : My 1st AR is getting close...but I've got an upper question

cohiba
08-08-2006, 6:41 PM
Ive got everything I need (I think) for my AR build except the upper assembly. Im looking at the Stag 2HL. I see that most of the sites that have it usually have it listed as pre-ban with a post-ban configuration available. Is there any physical difference between a pre-ban and post-ban or is it just a date of manufacture type thing? Also I thought the pre/post was just for mags and lowersIm not sure how it applies to uppers. Living in California, do I have to buy everything post ban? How do I know, when I receive it, that I actually have what they say it is? Im waiting for the sites to respond to these same questions, but I figured Id probably get more information hereplus Im just getting anxious now that I have a growing parts collection here ;)

Also, if anyone has seen the 2HL anywhere for less than 525.00 new, Id love to know about it;)

Thanks for the help

Mudvayne540ld
08-08-2006, 6:44 PM
There is no Post ban anymore.
but... iirc

Preban upper will have flash hider/Bayonet Lug
Postban Would have neither

Shane916
08-08-2006, 6:45 PM
the whole pre-ban/post ban upper thing doesnt matter anymore.

http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_20&products_id=10

cohiba
08-08-2006, 7:07 PM
so then it sounds like go ahead and buy it even if it says pre ban...

i just wanted to make sure i wasn't headed for trouble....

thanks!

ohsmily
08-08-2006, 7:23 PM
so then it sounds like go ahead and buy it even if it says pre ban...

i just wanted to make sure i wasn't headed for trouble....

thanks!

Just make sure if you have a flash hider on your upper, that you have a FIXED magazine.

Fjold
08-08-2006, 7:48 PM
Pre-ban on an upper usually means a flash hider installed. Post ban usually means that the end of the barrel is not threaded or it has a muzzle brake installed.

thmpr
08-08-2006, 9:39 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=36871&highlight=stag+uppers