PDA

View Full Version : PA Non-Resident CCW by mail through 5/1/11

uyoga
01-08-2011, 4:34 PM
Centre County Sheriff is still taking mail-in applications for a PA Non Resident License. New law in effect around 5/1/2011. After 5/1/11, you will have to make a trip to PA to Apply.

Catch is: you must have a CCW issued by your state of residence.

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/211.asp

fd15k
01-08-2011, 5:26 PM
They will still be honoring Utah non-resident license though ?

DGoodale
01-08-2011, 5:46 PM
Unless you're permit collecting, stick with the UT, it's identical w/ 7 more states.

hoffmang
01-09-2011, 1:37 AM
Unless you're permit collecting, stick with the UT, it's identical w/ 7 more states.

However, Philly is violating the rights of reciprocity permit holders. If you're in Philly much (and I happen to be) then a PA permit is quite useful.

-Gene

press1280
01-09-2011, 4:25 AM
The law in PA is that a non-resident is supposed to be able to get a LTCF(PA's CCW in other words) in any county they want. However, many of the sheriffs are refusing to do so. Anyone wanting to get a PA license may want to do that right away while they still can by mail.

kermit315
01-09-2011, 4:43 AM
Are there any compelling reasons beyond visiting Philly to get the PA permit? I have Florida, and have thought about getting Utah, however that will wait until I see where I am stationed next.

NoJoke
01-09-2011, 7:33 AM
So, I'd have to have a CA to get a PA?

Umm................

nevermind. :rolleyes:

Pred@tor
01-09-2011, 1:52 PM
However, Philly is violating the rights of reciprocity permit holders. If you're in Philly much (and I happen to be) then a PA permit is quite useful.

-Gene

Its still going on I remember a post on on a few guys being violated awhile back. Arent the Philly PD being sued over that? I have a Missuri CCW but really don't plan on going to PA any time soon anyway.

press1280
01-09-2011, 3:14 PM
Are there any compelling reasons beyond visiting Philly to get the PA permit? I have Florida, and have thought about getting Utah, however that will wait until I see where I am stationed next.

It's very cheap(26$ for 5 years), that may be its biggest benefit. I believe they'll issue to residents of states that don't have a CCW(VT,IL,WI,DC), so if national reciprocity passes, those states may go and get PA's permit.

hoffmang
01-09-2011, 4:52 PM
I got mine from Centre County a month or so ago figuring that by the time it expired I expected some form of national reciprocity to be in place.

-Gene

Cokebottle
01-09-2011, 4:57 PM
Florida > Utah by two states.

Florida gives you Kansas and New Mexico, but you lose Minnesota.
Florida +1
Florida does not accept the non-resident Utah permit, so Florida is needed to carry in Florida.
Florida +2

Adding Nevada equalizes them, but Florida is easier to get than Utah.