PDA

View Full Version : Shooting range at home?

Luigi
08-08-2006, 1:22 PM
Hello everybody. :)

A couple days ago I'm pretty sure I heard my neighbor shooting various types of guns on his property. I have no idea if this is legal or not and it got me thinking that I would like to have my own private/homemade shooting range. I live on 7 acres of land and I could shoot into a hill where there is nothing behind it except forest for miles. I would only do it around mid-day so it wouldn't disturb the neighbors. I'm pretty sure this is what my neighbor was doing. So what are the laws regarding all of this? :confused:

Turbinator
08-08-2006, 2:02 PM
First of all, where do you live?

Turby

Luigi
08-08-2006, 2:16 PM
First of all, where do you live?
In the San Bernardino mountains

JPglee1
08-08-2006, 2:34 PM
In the San Bernardino mountains

What county?? Berdoo or LA?

Berdoo County you can discharge a SHOTGUN as long as you're not within 150yds of any building/structure/maintained road...

In LA county, its a no-go...

Thats a tough one, I would guess you could plink with 22s without too much hassle, but I'd check the distances and limit it to shotguns only to be safe (if in San Bernardino Cnty)

J

Luigi
08-08-2006, 3:26 PM
Yes, san bernardino county. Do I have to be 150 yards from my own house? Can I use a 9mm handgun?

Rumpled
08-08-2006, 3:56 PM
SB County had a bunch of no shooting and shotgun only zones. I got some old copies of the maps from jesseshunting.com a while ago.
I might be able to find them on my hard drive.

bu-bye
08-08-2006, 4:04 PM
Call up the Sheriffs office and ask them if you are zoned for shooting. They punch in your address and can give you an answer right over the phone. That is what I did for my parents area.

Telpierion
08-08-2006, 4:05 PM
Yes, san bernardino county. Do I have to be 150 yards from my own house? Can I use a 9mm handgun?

Best bet would be to contact your local LEO office. Generally, the 150 yard thing does not include your own property AFAIK.

Luigi
08-08-2006, 7:53 PM
Ok, I'll call them and see what happens.