PDA

View Full Version : Are 6 pos buttstocks longer than 4 pos?

wilit
08-07-2006, 9:23 PM
I've got a 4 position adjustable buttstock and it's about 1.5 inches too short for me. Is the 6 position buffer tube any longer than the 4?

anotherone
08-07-2006, 9:35 PM
I've got a 4 position adjustable buttstock and it's about 1.5 inches too short for me. Is the 6 position buffer tube any longer than the 4?

To the best of my knowledge the 6 pos and 4 pos have the same length buffer tube. Keep in mind that because both use the same length spring and plunger that it would lead one to conclude that the tube would therefore also be the same length. Your best bet is to find a buttstock extension (I know they make them for ACE and A2 stocks someone must make one for collapsing stocks).

xenophobe
08-07-2006, 9:42 PM
The 5 and 6 position extensions have an extra detent hole or two and the spacing in between positions is smaller. They are the same length, and the M4 stock in fully extended and fully collapsed is the same length as well.

If you want something longer, a LMT SOPMOD or Magpul M93B will give you a little extra length. The LMT will because of the 3/4" buttpad, and the M93B just has a longer LOP in it's farthest setting.

PIRATE14
08-09-2006, 4:42 PM
Well, depends on who makes it........

On the whole the COLT/STAG tubes either 6 or 4 pos are shorter cause that's the MIL spec.

Now Bushmaster and Rock River, probably DPMS, and most others that are 6 POS are longer tubes......these tubes will not work with COLT/STAG/LMT/VLTOR........

So you can get a longer stock........