PDA

View Full Version : One point sling on a .22: tacticool or pracrticool?

resident-shooter
01-07-2011, 4:04 PM
Sups,

So I recently purchased Tapco Intrafuse stock for my 1022 and enjoy the comfort of the Saw style grip. Now I am thinking of using one point sling for plinking in the national forests. Sometimes I feel too lazy to lay something on the ground and put all guns down, so I just open the trunk and shoot while standing next to the car. This is not too practical since I can scratch something while putting the gun back every time. So maybe its better to just let it hang while I reload mags? Your thoughts? Experience?

jackandblood
01-07-2011, 5:23 PM
Who cares? Tacticool isnt a negative, it's just a description. A sling is a good idea for any long term carry in the wilderness.

sequoia_nomad
01-07-2011, 6:23 PM
You need a truck, tailgates make the ultimate shooting bench.

resident-shooter
01-07-2011, 6:25 PM
and the ultimate gas guzzling, HIGHLY impractical daily commuter.

sequoia_nomad
01-07-2011, 6:41 PM
20 mpg is gas guzzling? Sounds like your commuter car might be HIGHLY impractical for National Forest recreation.

707electrician
01-07-2011, 6:52 PM
and the ultimate gas guzzling, HIGHLY impractical daily commuter.

My trucks usefulness outweighs its ultimate gas guzzling- and highly impractical daily commuter-ness.

Oh yeah, I get 18mpg too in a truck that weighs almost 8k lbs

resident-shooter
01-07-2011, 7:11 PM
20 mpg is gas guzzling? Sounds like your commuter car might be HIGHLY impractical for National Forest recreation.

My trucks usefulness outweighs its ultimate gas guzzling- and highly impractical daily commuter-ness.

Oh yeah, I get 18mpg too in a truck that weighs almost 8k lbs

My car gets 35 mpg highway and the national forests got more than enough asphalt in them. As for usefulness, I have no real use for it.

lewisracing
01-08-2011, 12:23 AM
W.W.C.C.D.? (what would chris costa do?)

Travis haley says u shouldnt use ur sling to rest your weapon.

Look for it at 3:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MspNZJZb31g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Gryff
01-08-2011, 2:54 AM
It's not Mall Ninja if you do it for a reason. Just keep in mind that single-point slings usually orient the muzzle of the rifle at your feet. Not saying that it's foolish to do it, but just be aware that you are sweeping yourself with a potentially loaded firearm.

resident-shooter
01-08-2011, 10:38 AM
It's not Mall Ninja if you do it for a reason. Just keep in mind that single-point slings usually orient the muzzle of the rifle at your feet. Not saying that it's foolish to do it, but just be aware that you are sweeping yourself with a potentially loaded firearm.

I have noticed that too....