PDA

View Full Version : COYOTE HUNTING

75th_regiment
01-07-2011, 12:10 PM
IM NEW TO THE HUNTING GAME.. AND WANT TO START WITH CAYOTES.. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO GO, IN SOCAL???

Rusty_Buckhorn
01-07-2011, 12:25 PM
:xeno:

75th_regiment
01-07-2011, 12:33 PM
LOL DID THAT ALREADY.. JUS SEEIN IF ANYONE ELSE KNOW OF ANYTHING

Helpful_Cub
01-07-2011, 12:38 PM
There is lots out there. If your to nervous to get started I recommend see if you tag along with someone, offer to pay for gas or something. If your feeling really uncomfortable we have a Guide that focuses mainly on coyote hunting that frequently posts. If you do some searching you'll come across his stuff.

Trapper
01-07-2011, 12:50 PM
There is alot of BLM and National Forest land in Southern California some of it is poorly marked so maps and a good GPS are a must IMHO. Most hunters are very protective of their hunting areas. If you're active or retired look into hunting on military bases.

CavTrooper
01-07-2011, 1:27 PM
Get with ProffesionalCoyoteHunter, hes a RANGER too!

Big Jake
01-07-2011, 4:32 PM
Many areas up in Mojave desert. Most of it is BLM land and legal to hunt/shoot in!

RoyBatty
01-07-2011, 5:52 PM
Shooting Coyotes is alot of fun...they are a smart animal...just get out there and do it...try some mouth calls, get an electronic call if you can afford it or build one...I learned by doing over several years...check out Varmint Al's website lots of good info, google it

lewdogg21
01-07-2011, 6:06 PM

Oh just stop Cav. :smilielol5:

Saigon1965
01-07-2011, 6:08 PM
OP - Please take the caps lock button off -

Please - What a joke -

winxp_man
01-07-2011, 6:39 PM

I'm surprised he hasn't chimed about coyote hunting yet, or how he eats them :43:

Helpful_Cub
01-07-2011, 7:06 PM
I'm starting to wonder why we don't just have a Coyote section under the Hunting and Fishing forum. It seems like they're more popular than even deer.

Sydwaiz
01-07-2011, 7:16 PM
First off, do you have a hunting license? If not, take the hunter safety course and get one. Post up your location and maybe someone will chime in where to go but I doubt it.

DirtNapKing
01-07-2011, 7:57 PM
IM NEW TO THE HUNTING GAME.. AND WANT TO START WITH CAYOTES.. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO GO, IN SOCAL???
Go with somebody who knows what they're doing! Don't waste money on all the gear until you have really spent some time at it. Gearing up now and jumping out there alone (like somebody above suggested) will only educate the coyotes. They are smarter than most people tend to realize. Personally I don't want them out running around with PHDs. Depending on where you are shooting I would never go alone. You will call in more than hungry coyotes. There are a few more critters up the food chain in So. Cal. that like screaming rabbit, fawn in distress, horny domestic tabby ect. :D

Helpful_Cub
01-07-2011, 8:13 PM
Go with somebody who knows what they're doing! Don't waste money on all the gear until you have really spent some time at it. Gearing up now and jumping out there alone (like somebody above suggested) will only educate the coyotes. They are smarter than most people tend to realize. Personally I don't want them out running around with PHDs. Depending on where you are shooting I would never go alone. You will call in more than hungry coyotes. There are a few more critters up the food chain in So. Cal. that like screaming rabbit, fawn in distress, horny domestic tabby ect. :D

Good point, Bob Cats and Mountains Lions may also be called in if your in the right regions.

DirtNapKing
01-07-2011, 8:56 PM
I'm starting to wonder why we don't just have a Coyote section under the Hunting and Fishing forum. It seems like they're more popular than even deer.

I second some subs!

Varmint/Predator

Waterfowl/Upland Game

Big Game

CavTrooper
01-08-2011, 5:31 AM

www.californiapredatorsclub.com (http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com)