PDA

View Full Version : RE: Where's a good camp spot in NorCal area !?

InFlamez
08-07-2006, 3:18 PM
I'm planning on going camping in the next few days with my g/f who is becoming an arms enthusiast like myself. We usually go to a regulated stated park near Big Sur where there are limitations on what you can do. I like it rustic and she's up for it as well, so where is the best place to go either up North along the coast or past Sacramento? I'm looking for a good place that's not too off-road where we can camp w/fire pit, hike, shoot, and maybe swim or fish...
thanks all.

6172crew
08-07-2006, 8:13 PM
I'm planning on going camping in the next few days with my g/f who is becoming an arms enthusiast like myself. We usually go to a regulated stated park near Big Sur where there are limitations on what you can do. I like it rustic and she's up for it as well, so where is the best place to go either up North along the coast or past Sacramento? I'm looking for a good place that's not too off-road where we can camp w/fire pit, hike, shoot, and maybe swim or fish...
thanks all.
When you find out let me know. :) I dont know of any place you can shoot, swim, fish, fire pit that doesnt take a 4 wheel drive to get to.

Santa Cruz Armory
08-07-2006, 10:30 PM
I haven't been there in a while, but I used to hunt/ camp in an area above Jackson off Hwy 88 with my Dad. The road is Omo Ranch Road, follow it to the National Forest area about ten miles down on the right.

There was plenty of camping (unimproved) areas, shooting right there in camp, LOTS of hiking and a few more miles down the road was a nice creek where we would get water, Sapiago creek if I remember right... (fishing maybe?) also a nice meadow with apple trees (Barney Meadows) where i used to pick off ground squirrels by the dozens... we had permission from the rancher...man! good memories there :)

Good luck!!

RJ Dunn
08-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Just a little south of Big Sur on hwy1 is Nacimento ferguson Rd. Keep your Eyes peeled for it , its easy to miss. Will take you to the backside of Camp Hunter Ligget. Be careful rough country make sure you take protection. Don't really trust the people I've come in contact with there.

fairfaxjim
08-15-2006, 3:02 PM
Just a ways past Sacrament is a great place for that called Nevada!