PDA

View Full Version : Tag prices went up again

Helpful_Cub
01-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Not surprising; but prices on tags have gone up for 2011.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/hunting/huntdescrip.html

$20.52 for a Pig tag, really?! :90:

I'm actually wondering if California Fish and Game should be cut off from the Pittman-Robertson federal excise tax money since we can't really buy ammo in this state anymore because of AB962...

PatriotnMore
01-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Stand by for more.

Howie44
01-07-2011, 1:52 PM

I'm actually wondering if California Fish and Game should be cut off from the Pittman-Robertson federal excise tax money since we can't really buy ammo in this state anymore because of AB962...

That sucks. But not too long ago pig tags were $14 for a book of ten! Good thing Iv'e got 2 left for this year that are good till June

rodeoflyer
01-07-2011, 2:00 PM

#%@% ME!!!! :mad:

I'm probably closer to the youngins age around here, but I remember paying $14 for a book of FIVE. That was only 10 years ago!

The part that really pisses me off is that i'm sure way more pigs are taken on private land than public.

I Hate this state.

Rusty_Buckhorn
01-07-2011, 2:19 PM
it was a slap in the face when they started the whole pig tag thing, but at $7 for 5(the first tag price), it wasn't too bad. It's really getting out of hand now. All this price does is makes ranchers poach more, cuz no rancher I know is going to pay $20 each to kill hogs that are damaging his property.

Rusty_Buckhorn
01-07-2011, 2:21 PM
also, that fee you posted is THIS years fee, be ready come June for another fee hike.

toby
01-07-2011, 4:00 PM
Every year they go up now been keeping track for years.. But it's still the cheapest sport around??? for residents that is..:)

professionalcoyotehunter
01-07-2011, 4:04 PM
When will they stop with this. Rumor has it they are coming soon with a coyote tag system.

Bearclaw
01-07-2011, 4:07 PM
Coyote tags really wouldn't surprise me. It's ridiculous, but the fact is, that more and more people are hunting them. So DFG probably looks at it and says, "Look! There's X amount of hunters that we aren't making money off of. We've got to start charging them!"

DirtyDave
01-07-2011, 4:15 PM
Why do you act surprised??
Prices on EVERYTHING will always go UP, Never down. What did gas, milk, bread, cars, cost 10 or 20 years ago? Its just the way it is

professionalcoyotehunter
01-07-2011, 4:16 PM
less for more is the american way.

Helpful_Cub
01-07-2011, 6:10 PM
When will they stop with this. Rumor has it they are coming soon with a coyote tag system.

Say it isn't so! :no:

Divernhunter
01-07-2011, 6:28 PM
I remember when pigs had no tags and hunting them was free except for your lic which was cheap. There were no pheasant tags/stamps and a Jr lic was $1. I still have my 1964 and 1965 lic here at my computer.
I also remember when we were promised this was a temp program and the cost would stay down at the $7 for 5 or 10 tags. I told people once they got it started that 1) it would never end and 2) the price would keep going up.

Where does the money go? Much of it goes to tree hugger programs which us sportsmen have no use of. Yet we are the major source of funds for them.

Sydwaiz
01-07-2011, 6:33 PM

Didn't they used to pay us to kill them? Now we will have to pay them? That just ain't right. Maybe they'll realize the mistake of detering hunters after farmers start losing livestock, people start losing pets, and more people get bitten because they are coming into neighborhoods more often. Idiots....

NytWolf
01-07-2011, 6:52 PM
They keep saying the population of feral hogs are increasing, which means there should be more to shoot. Yet, they keep increasing the price of the tag. Maybe they're trying to make up for the decrease in hunting licenses sold.

toby
01-07-2011, 7:15 PM
Didn't they used to pay us to kill them? Now we will have to pay them? That just ain't right. Maybe they'll realize the mistake of detering hunters after farmers start losing livestock, people start losing pets, and more people get bitten because they are coming into neighborhoods more often. Idiots....

Sanbardoo used to do this on and off again depending on populations.

Rob454
01-07-2011, 7:17 PM
That sucks. But not too long ago pig tags were $14 for a book of ten!

AAAHHHH the good ol days

taperxz
01-07-2011, 7:30 PM

Only thing I will tag a coyote with is a 223 tag! I should not have to pay to protect my livestock.

spectr17
01-07-2011, 7:32 PM
Lifetime license, the best way to beat the price increases. I get 5 pig tags, my deer tag and license mailed to me every year and never have to sweat the news about how much they went up.

Fireguy
01-07-2011, 7:40 PM
I don't think you have to worry about coyote tags any time soon. Various hunting groups tried the last couple of years to instute turkey tag. DFG refuse the idea as not cost effective. The point of the tags were to show the power and numbers of turkey hunters.
Why would DFG try to put tags on a none game animal?

CavTrooper
01-08-2011, 5:05 AM
Why do you act surprised??
Prices on EVERYTHING will always go UP, Never down. What did gas, milk, bread, cars, cost 10 or 20 years ago? Its just the way it is

Georgia hunting licence fees went down for 2011... no limit, no tags for hogs. 10 does, 2 bucks, and a bunch of other good stuff :D

Ross
01-08-2011, 9:38 AM
Not that too many people here will be able to care, however in OK the general hunting license allows unlimted pig hunting. No extra tags required.

Guess that's what those sod busters and sooners git for living in a fiscally responsible state, huh. That'll skool 'em.

dantodd
01-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Jack up the price of tags and there will be less pigs taken. Less pigs taken means more in the wild and making a nuisance of themselves destroying crops/livestock etc. More pigs means they'll have to pay someone to come and kill them. Paying someone to come and kill the pigs means the cost of management rises. Cost of management rising means they have to charge more for the tags......

Yay! government stupidity.

tenpercentfirearms
01-10-2011, 5:32 AM

FUD.