PDA

View Full Version : Letter sending poll

MonsterMan
08-06-2006, 5:01 PM
Just checking to see how many of us have sent some type of letter to DOJ reguarding the regulation change this August.

Mudvayne540ld
08-06-2006, 5:03 PM
I have
(10 chara. limit thing)

markymark
08-06-2006, 5:05 PM
sent an email this morning

chris
08-06-2006, 11:31 PM
in progress of writing going to send e-mail though.

Santa Cruz Armory
08-07-2006, 2:09 AM
I just fired off the letter via email and fax :D

:eek: LETS GET EVERYONE TO DO IT !!!:eek:

chris
08-07-2006, 7:09 AM
sending e-mail tonight.

sac7000
08-07-2006, 7:43 AM
Mail dropped off this morning, bicycle chain lubed, shopping cart dis-connected, I'm ready to rock and roll!

Satex
08-07-2006, 8:10 AM
If this poll is anywhere reflective, it is sad to see how few people decided to send their comments. Based on this I can see why we are losing our gun rights.

mailman
08-07-2006, 10:17 AM
i have sent a letter and I talked to Bill on the radio, KGO i believe

sac7000
08-07-2006, 10:25 AM
i have sent a letter and I talked to Bill on the radio, KGO i believe

Dr.Bill Wattenburg? Did he discuss the issue on his weekend show on KGO810? What did he say? I'm sorry I missed it.

Fjold
08-07-2006, 2:31 PM
What I wonder about is the 5 people who took the time to vote but didn't send an email or letter.

Santa Cruz Armory
08-07-2006, 4:09 PM
What I wonder about is the 6 people who took the time to vote but didn't send an email or letter.

There, fixed it for ya,LOL!

chiefcrash
08-07-2006, 8:19 PM
i usually don't send faxes, but my company gave me this nifty Fax2Mail thingie...

so i can send emails to fax numbers. very niffty

PLINK
08-07-2006, 8:38 PM
I would definately like to see more people going. I will be there.

glockk9mm
08-07-2006, 8:53 PM
where can i send my e-mail? Dont emails get deleted tho?

chris
08-07-2006, 9:19 PM
maybe not in this situation they have opened up a comment period. so i do not think they will delete them. do i see their e-mail server crashing or getting too full yes i do.

i want to know why 6 people are not sending letters or e-mail. if you do not participate in this you are the problem not part of the solution. get involved if we lose you have yourself to blame for not doing so. this decision here will affect ALL of us in the future no matter how you look at it.

MonsterMan
08-07-2006, 9:29 PM
At this point 302 people have looked at this thread, but only 40 people have voted. 6 were brave enough to actually say they arent going to do anything. what about the other couple of hundred that just didn't say anything? How hard is it to send an email? Even if you are not into OLL's, it is one more step closer to the next thing they go after if they win. Fight for your freedoms, don't just let'em take it away while you do nothing.
(Think "Braveheart" Mel screaming "They'll never take our FREEDOM"!):)

MM

Santa Cruz Armory
08-07-2006, 9:36 PM
At this point 302 people have looked at this thread, but only 40 people have voted. 6 were brave enough to actually say they arent going to do anything. what about the other couple of hundred that just didn't say anything? How hard is it to send an email? Even if you are not into OLL's, it is one more step closer to the next thing they go after if they win. Fight for your freedoms, don't just let'em take it away while you do nothing.
(Think "Braveheart" Mel screaming "They'll never take our FREEDOM"!):)

MM

Or you could think of Mel pulled over on the side of The PCH screaming racial slurs....your choice? :D

In all seriousness, everyone should be writing letters! we all have the time to sit on our *****es and read these forums...well then make the time to preserve your rights and the rights of your kids (or my kid!)

DO YOUR PART! WRITE A LETTER!

chris
08-07-2006, 10:35 PM
not to detract from the original intent of the thread but the true colors of gun owners in this state are showing. there are ones who do something and there are those who do not. hell folks i'm in iraq and i took the time to write a letter those of you at home can do the same!!!!!

step up to the plate and do your part and don't let them win.

i praise the people who have written and either sent or faxed and e-mailed them. i would like to know the outcome and turnout at the meeting though i look forward to the thread on the meeting.

Mudvayne540ld
08-07-2006, 11:10 PM
cmon guys.... AT LEAST SEND AN E-MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!
Sent E-Mail
Sent Post Mail
Sent Fax

C.G.
08-07-2006, 11:53 PM
What I wonder about is the 5 people who took the time to vote but didn't send an email or letter.

Don't judge a book by its cover and don't believe polls + or - whatever. Here is my contribution:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=38157

mikehaas
08-08-2006, 9:28 AM
hell folks i'm in iraq and i took the time to write a letter...
Thanks for your service to our country! If you have not yet done so, go to...
http://ProjectBoreSnake.org/
...and nominate yourself for a set of Bore Snakes.

http://projectboresnake.org/gfx/pbsanim.gif (http://projectboresnake.org/)
-- click here --

You'll receive 4 kits (each containing 2 snakes - rifle & pistol or .30/.50 cal), 1 for you and 3 to give to buddies. Anyone that knows a soldier/marine over there should nominate them.

And thanks for your letter, too!

Mike
PBS founder (among other things :-)

MonsterMan
08-08-2006, 9:01 PM
We need more than 52 people. I hope to see thousands.

Talkin2u2
08-10-2006, 6:16 AM
I hope to be able to attend the meeting, but I'm not sure if I can. So I did not check the box that said that I would be there.

Ricki Stevens
Sacramento, California

supdawg
08-10-2006, 1:07 PM
Y'know, I came across a post where there was a link to a preformatted/prewritten letter about one of the bills, but I forgot which one. Anyways, I remember that you had to pay to send each time.

Now it's been a long time since I've done any kind of html, but can't an html wiz just whip up some type of form and a field for your email address and hardcode the destination address in the form and all we'd have to do is fill in one or two fields and hit submit?

BorderBrewer
08-10-2006, 10:31 PM
I sent a letter and got the members of my shooting class to send letters as well. Some of them have no direct stake in the outcome, but they realize that any gun issue affects all gun owners. Forward the NRA CAL-ERT email to everyone that you can.

BorderBrewer

jonb
08-15-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm going to the hearing in Sac tomorrow. Does anyone know if you have to be there at 0:900, or is there a several hour window during which you can arrive?

Any hints on parking? It's been several years since I've been to that area and parking was a problem back then.

Thanks,
JonB

sac7000
08-15-2006, 12:29 PM
I'm going to the hearing in Sac tomorrow. Does anyone know if you have to be there at 0:900, or is there a several hour window during which you can arrive?

Any hints on parking? It's been several years since I've been to that area and parking was a problem back then.

Thanks,
JonB

Just a thought, it's been several years since I lived in Sac but when I went downtown during the week I would park my car at a light rail station and ride the train to the downtown area. You can park your car at a number of areas including Longview, Watt Ave and more. The link to Sacramento Light Rail is http://www.sacrt.com/

MonsterMan
08-16-2006, 11:42 AM
The report back from the meeting today was that they only recieved a little over a hundred letters. You got to be kidding me. Are we that lazy or just don't care to take a few minutes of out time and write a letter against this regulation change? The anti gun people send letters by the thousands (in the past on other issues), we send a little over a hundred? It's no wonder why are guns are being taken away from us, we don't stand up for ourselves enough to even write an email. So there have been 30 to 40 thousand recievers sold? Lets say 35000, 1% of that is 350 letters. Not even one percent of us wrote letters.:( (assuming the numbers they gave were correct).

MM

Stevil
08-16-2006, 2:08 PM
I intended to go to the meeting this morning but my 8AM 1 hr. presentation ran on til' 10! I have sent a letter and emailed too. :)

Glasshat
08-16-2006, 2:45 PM
The report back from the meeting today was that they only recieved a little over a hundred letters. You got to be kidding me. Are we that lazy or just don't care to take a few minutes of out time and write a letter against this regulation change? The anti gun people send letters by the thousands (in the past on other issues), we send a little over a hundred? It's no wonder why are guns are being taken away from us, we don't stand up for ourselves enough to even write an email. So there have been 30 to 40 thousand recievers sold? Lets say 35000, 1% of that is 350 letters. Not even one percent of us wrote letters.:( (assuming the numbers they gave were correct).

MM

Gun owners don't vote either.

CALI-gula
08-16-2006, 3:47 PM
The report back from the meeting today was that they only recieved a little over a hundred letters. You got to be kidding me. Are we that lazy or just don't care to take a few minutes of out time and write a letter against this regulation change? The anti gun people send letters by the thousands (in the past on other issues), we send a little over a hundred? It's no wonder why are guns are being taken away from us, we don't stand up for ourselves enough to even write an email. So there have been 30 to 40 thousand recievers sold? Lets say 35000, 1% of that is 350 letters. Not even one percent of us wrote letters.:( (assuming the numbers they gave were correct). MM

Schjeeez! What a bummer. As much debate and back-and-forth that was seen here on Calguns from January through June, you would think the DOJ would have received no less than 10,000 letters, even if only a 1/3rd of those having bought an OLL had sent one.

I sent and emailed 2 letters last week as I did not want to send them too early (one each to Jeff Amador and one to his assistant Troy Perry for good measure) and then faxed them on Monday 8/14 as well, to both the licensing & permit number of 916-227-3700 as well as 916-263-0676, again, for good measure that they would actually get them.

But, this is par for the course for CA gun owners. Sorry, but this is just another example of CA gun owner apathy. I experienced this phenomena first-hand while fighting SB23, SB15 and especially with AB50. What always kills me is the tens-of-thousands of people that come out of their apathy mode after such bills and measures pass, to lay down big dollars to buy up as many of the very things being banned before the ban goes into affect.

Yet if all they did was take ten minutes to write a letter and maybe $2 or $3 dollars, to fax, mail, email, they might have helped to stop such bans and bills, and had many more years to buy and enjoy those banned items instead of running around like chickens with no heads, paying inflated prices for short supply at the last minute, and possibly settling for something less than what they would like to have had. :( :confused: :mad:

Hunter
08-16-2006, 4:18 PM
Actually we donot know how many were sent. The question today was directed at Jeff Amador on HOW MANY EMAILS he had received. His response was that is was over 100 but less than 200. That was as of 10:30am this morning. My understanding was that this number didnot include letters or faxes. I sure and hope not anyway.

For myself, I attended the meeting, hand delivered my 2 page response and then when I got home tonight, I sent another response in via email as a result of the information presented at the meeting today. The 2+ hr drive home had me thinking about the additional ramifications I didn't realize and I just had to email those in.

Santa Cruz Armory
08-16-2006, 4:42 PM
to see how many people showed up today....:confused: It's pretty sad, that with all the mebers on this site, not to mention word of mouth that we couldn't get more than about MAYBE 20 people there. Hell, we were out numbered by the CHP security staff!! :mad:

I'd like to say that the people that were there did a fine job at stating their case (Bill W. & Mike Haas are the only two I met from CG) I wasn't even going to read my letter, as I had already faxed and emailed it in and felt that their would be numerous people with the same points. My friend told me "hell I'll read it" and he did (he kinda botched it, but with only about 5min of prep time, he did good) he got a few chuckles when he ad-libbed a little.

Back to my butt chewing...I hate to be selfish, but I'm gonna say it! I could care less if everyone else pays quadruple as you run to buy up your "want" guns, or loses rights to the ones you own. Obviously not many people give a *****. I have more guns than I can shoot now if things go sour.

Thanks again to those who wrote and sent letters via snail and email, it helps. But we needed a good showing today, and we fell WAY short.

Hunter
08-16-2006, 5:03 PM
to see how many people showed up today....:confused: It's pretty sad, that with all the mebers on this site, not to mention word of mouth that we couldn't get more than about MAYBE 20 people there. Hell, we were out numbered by the CHP security staff!! :mad:

I'd like to say that the people that were there did a fine job at stating their case (Bill W. & Mike Haas are the only two I met from CG) ......

I have to agree here on the poor showing, very bad not to have least had twice that amount there. I do hope the letter writing makes up for the low turnout.

In addition, I would also like to say thanks in a big way to Bill Wiese, Mike Hass and the two gentlemen from the NRA, Paul Payne and Chuck Michel, on a fantastic presentation of the issues at hand. Bill and Mike are always in the trenches working hard on these issue, but it was nice to see the NRA up front and center on this issue today as well.

All of these guys need our thanks for their efforts today.