PDA

View Full Version : Fab-10 lower in .50?

mj1
08-06-2006, 3:24 PM
My local dealer has a FAB-10 lower he says was originaly DEROSE'd as a .50 and he received it from the estate of thew buyer . Now he says he can't sell it as a .223. It has the fixed .223 magazine and only says FAB 10 on the side, so is this true? Says he has to destroy it or turn it in to a PD.

MJ

leelaw
08-06-2006, 3:29 PM
If the receiver was ever registered as a .50BMG, then it can not be sold to a non .50BMG-licensed person or dealer in California. Mos tlikely, It needs to be destroyed, since there is little or no market for it.

I hope this dealer has a .50BMG permit.

Blue
08-06-2006, 3:43 PM
What about shipping it to an FFL out of state, filling out the non-50bmg form, and then having it shipped back to an FFL and re-drosing it?

leelaw
08-06-2006, 3:45 PM
What about shipping it to an FFL out of state, filling out the non-50bmg form, and then having it shipped back to an FFL and re-drosing it?

I thought AW law made it such that any gun that was once a .50BMG or AW can not be unmade an AW.

ohsmily
08-06-2006, 3:46 PM

That would work. The problem is that it is probably more trouble than it is worth.

ohsmily
08-06-2006, 3:47 PM
I thought AW law made it such that any gun that was once a .50BMG or AW can not be unmade an AW.

That is not true. If someone registered their M1A as an AW but later wanted to remove the pistol grip stock and the flashhider and operate it as a CA legal M1A, they can fill out a form and unregister and keep it CA compliant. However, if the owner does this, it can never be made into an AW again.

mj1
08-06-2006, 7:36 PM
PD took it Friday. Seemed like a wate but the store did not need the hassle, I did but the guts and stock. I did get some bolt guns at a fair price and the Hakim. My advice is put your stuff in order you never know what can happen when you walk out the door Monday. Leave a list and pictures and a fair market value list for your family to work from.

Cheers
MJ