PDA

View Full Version : If you are thinking about an IPAD, check this out

thrasherfox
01-06-2011, 1:20 PM
I have an IPAD. have only had it a few months but love it.

But today I just found out about this. And now I think I might be wishing I would have waited.

I am a Verizon customer and had wanted an IPhone for a long time. But I refused to go to AT&T. When Verizon came out with the Droid I got one.

Actually I bought two, one for my wife and I. Now two of my sons have Droid's.

In other words I really like my Droid and even if Verizon started carying the IPhone today, I dont think I would trade my Droid for an IPhone. I have friends who have IPhones. I have an Ipod touch. And I prefer my Droid X that I now have.

Now motoroal has come out with their IPAD Killer. this thing is what the IPAD should have been. two cameras, one forward facing for taking pictures, and one rear facing for video chat.

Runs on Android 3.0 (I think). but it is not a blown up Droid, it is a tablet device. and it looks pretty awesome. I might kick my Ipad down to the wife and buy this thing.

Here is a link for anyone interested

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/05/5773225-motorola-xoom-android-tablet-may-be-first-ipad-killer?GT1=43001

And here are some walk through videos of the product

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/05/5773749-video-motorola-reveals-xoom-tablet

BayAreaShooter
01-06-2011, 1:24 PM
You should have talked to me earlier. I have been preaching to all my buddies how much the IPAD is a piece of crap. :D

ElvenSoul
01-06-2011, 1:26 PM
The Samsung Pad even blows the Ipady away.

incredablehefey
01-06-2011, 1:26 PM
that looks sweet!!, i love android os, you are not limited by what apple says you can do

thrasherfox
01-06-2011, 1:32 PM
You should have talked to me earlier. I have been preaching to all my buddies how much the IPAD is a piece of crap. :D

Well. I have a friend / co-worker who has an IPad.

I saw all the things he could do with it. and for what I need/needed and wanted it was the solution.

I have not had any problems with my IPad so I dont have any complaints with what I have. however I think Apple screwed up by not putting cameras on it and I think it was just one of many ploys apple does.

release an IPad now without cameras. then in a year or two release a new version with cameras. Knowing that people will dump their old Ipads for ones with cameras

If I would have known motorola was working on something like this. I think I honestly would have waited.

I just dont like Apple. I dont care for Steve Jobs

JDay
01-06-2011, 1:35 PM
Well. I have a friend / co-worker who has an IPad.

I saw all the things he could do with it. and for what I need/needed and wanted it was the solution.

I have not had any problems with my IPad so I dont have any complaints with what I have. however I think Apple screwed up by not putting cameras on it and I think it was just one of many ploys apple does.

release an IPad now without cameras. then in a year or two release a new version with cameras. Knowing that people will dump their old Ipads for ones with cameras

If I would have known motorola was working on something like this. I think I honestly would have waited.

I just dont like Apple. I dont care for Steve Jobs

And yet you buy their products.

patriot_man
01-06-2011, 1:39 PM
Looks nice! But the real question is.. Will it have Angry Birds HD?

bigmike82
01-06-2011, 1:44 PM
It certainly looks cool.

Is it going to be an iPad killer, though?

We'll see.

thrasherfox
01-06-2011, 1:45 PM
And yet you buy their products.

Yeah, it is a bad habbit from when I was a teenager. I used to have sex with girls I didnt like. but figured I needed it, and they were offering it so what the heck.

Same with the Ipad, dont really like apple, but the Ipad does what I need and I didnt see any better options at the time.

I do what I need to in this life to accomplish what I need. Within the boundrys of the guidlines of the morality that I have deemed I need to follow

Librarian
01-06-2011, 2:13 PM
In a lot of ways, if [something electronic] is available for commercial sale, it's already obsolete.

If you find something that does what you want/need, you have to decide whether want/need means buy now, or buy can be delayed for the next better something.

Everybody's 'buy' point is personal.

BayAreaShooter
01-06-2011, 4:09 PM
I just can not believe the IPAD does not even support flash.

sfwdiy
01-06-2011, 9:46 PM
I just can not believe the IPAD does not even support flash.

Flash needs to die, dry up and blow away already. It's an old, POS resource hog.

Bring on the HTML5 already.

--B

707electrician
01-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Is it going to be an iPad killer, though?.

Doubt it. The thing apple has going for it is its cult-like following.

I own a couple apple computers (they were free however :D) but I think the iPad is just a useless, over-priced, over-grown iPod