PDA

View Full Version : Idea for an AB962 challenge based on the CMP

FXR
01-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Just throwing this out there, any chance of the CMP's status as a federally chartered organization with the purpose of improving Americans' marksmanship superseding CA law (AB 962). They sell guns and ammo (albeit rifle only and long waits) but if many vendors are stopping all ammo sales due to ambiguity, the CMP might be a good example of an organization specifically tasked with distributing guns and ammo to all Americans. Ideas?

Rock6.3
01-06-2011, 11:07 AM
CMP has stated that they do not sell any ammunition that is considered handgun ammunition and they plan to continue shipping to california.

cmichini
01-06-2011, 11:55 AM
I'd be worried to remind/inform any legislator in the PRK of the CMP's existence and/or policies.
You can bet that in one fell swoop sales of everything to this state cease soon after.

Remember It's for the children.

Bhobbs
01-06-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm surprised there isn't more of an issue with the way the CMP gets people their rifles. I mean they get sent directly to their house with no middle man. Even though it is legal you think some anti soccor mom would find out and have a heart attack.

dantodd
01-06-2011, 2:00 PM
Even though it is legal you think some anti soccor mom would find out and have a heart attack.

Do Michelle Obama's kids play soccer?

FXR
01-06-2011, 7:10 PM
CMP has stated that they do not sell any ammunition that is considered handgun ammunition and they plan to continue shipping to california.

OK, interesting, how did they decide what counts as handgun or not? (.30-06 is obvious, .30 carbine is historically a rifle cartridge but looks and performs like a pistol cartridge, and is chambered in revolvers, and .22lr can go either way.) What I'm getting at is, if the CMP can declare "this x cartridge is sold for rifle use only" why can't other retailers that sell a wider variety of rifle rounds, for .45 ACP carbines for example?

bigpappa0095
01-06-2011, 7:15 PM
OK, interesting, how did they decide what counts as handgun or not? (.30-06 is obvious, .30 carbine is historically a rifle cartridge but looks and performs like a pistol cartridge, and is chambered in revolvers, and .22lr can go either way.) What I'm getting at is, if the CMP can declare "this x cartridge is sold for rifle use only" why can't other retailers that sell a wider variety of rifle rounds, for .45 ACP carbines for example?

because many retailers don't want to deal with the fallout of [mis]interpreting the law. in their eyes, they have 49 other states that will still buy from them...so why work harder for 1?

SimpleCountryActuary
01-06-2011, 8:08 PM
There are some questions best not asked.

N6ATF
01-06-2011, 8:52 PM
because many retailers don't want to deal with the fallout of [mis]interpreting the law. in their eyes, they have 49 other states that will still buy from them...so why work harder for 1?

Yeah, why work harder for one that is responsible for 27% of the firearms market? It's not like it's 28% - only then should they worry about going bankrupt.