PDA

View Full Version : Assault weapons in the hands of minors - legally!

Cato
08-05-2006, 10:42 PM
In some free states it is legal for a minor to have an assault weapon!

http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/viewstate.php?st=ms#juvsale

It might be better to be a 12yo in MS than a 30yo in Kommiefornia! California really, really sucks!

bu-bye
08-05-2006, 10:49 PM

It might be better to be a 12yo in MS than a 30yo in Kommiefornia! California really, really sucks!

There is no such thing as a AW in other states. there are only long guns a pistols. Yes it does suck here.:(

Joe
08-05-2006, 10:53 PM
that site is completely and entirely antigun garbage. it is full of INCORRECT statements about the law. it says in california that the attorney general CANNOT regulate guns. we all know that is bull ********.

anothergunnut
08-06-2006, 10:02 AM
I have a photo of my son handling an "AW" at the Reno NRA annual meeting a few years back. Taking that same picture in CA would be a felony! I would love to have him be able to shoot my AR15 since it is such a light recoiling rifle but I can't. I had thought of building an OLL AR15 type rifle for my boys to shoot but that is up in the air. I still have an SKS until they make that an "AW".

ohsmily
08-06-2006, 11:37 AM

As buy-by said, there are no "assault weapons" in most other states, just handguns and long guns. An AR-15 in most states is no different than a bolt acton .22 rifle as far as the law is concerned.

adamsreeftank
08-06-2006, 3:38 PM
Ahh,

I can almost smell that sweet scent of freedom wafting over the border.

M. Sage
08-06-2006, 4:57 PM
Man... could we not call 'em "assault weapons" without the quotes? AW is a purely political term made up by antis.

ohsmily
08-06-2006, 9:35 PM
Man... could we not call 'em "assault weapons" without the quotes? AW is a purely political term made up by antis.

That's why we put it in quotes. We don't call 'em that, the politicians and public do.

DrjonesUSA
08-07-2006, 12:41 PM
UVENILE SALE
Is it illegal to sell guns to kids? Partial

State law limits selling or giving handguns to juveniles under 18. But there are no state restrictions on transferring rifles, shotguns or even assault weapons to kids - without even their parent�s permission.

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but the 18 year old age requirement is a FEDERAL law, courtesy of the GCA 1968.

So maybe there aren't any STATE laws because there is already a FEDERAL law proscribing certain things.

But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of our fear-mongering, anti-gun agenda! :rolleyes:

midnitereaper
08-08-2006, 12:33 PM
There is no such thing as a AW in other states. there are only long guns a pistols. Yes it does suck here.:(

Wasn't there a federal AW ban for all the States that did not get renewed after its 10 year term? If so then all these long guns where actually classified as AW by the federal government which covers every State in the union. Difference being the federal AW ban is no longer enforced as it was not renewed after its 10 year term but our State of commifornia still has its AW ban in place for all residents living within these commi borders.

blkA4alb
08-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Wasn't there a federal AW ban for all the States that did not get renewed after its 10 year term? If so then all these long guns where actually classified as AW by the federal government which covers every State in the union. Difference being the federal AW ban is no longer enforced as it was not renewed after its 10 year term but our State of commifornia still has its AW ban in place for all residents living within these commi borders.
Well we are talking in the present tense so presently there are no AWs in the other states. When was that thing published though?