PDA

View Full Version : More gunshop FUD

littlejake
01-05-2011, 8:06 PM
I was discussing the Ruger MKIII with a fellow who works in a San Gabriel Valley gunshop. I mentioned the mag disconnect modification to remove the mag disconnect. He said it would be illegal... in fact a felony. I gave him a chuckle and said, it's illegal to sell it without the disconnect -- but not to possess or use. That it might incur litigation if there was an NG or if used in legitimate self defense.

Another gun shop lawyer.

rojocorsa
01-05-2011, 9:19 PM
Gotta love them....(sarcasm)

They talk like if they directly wrote policy for CA DOJ or something...

ke6guj
01-05-2011, 9:53 PM
I was discussing the Ruger MKIII with a fellow who works in a San Gabriel Valley gunshop. I mentioned the mag disconnect modification to remove the mag disconnect. He said it would be illegal... in fact a felony. I gave him a chuckle and said, it's illegal to sell it without the disconnect -- but not to possess or use. That it might incur litigation if there was an NG or if used in legitimate self defense.

Another gun shop lawyer.hell, it wouldn't even be illegal to sell it like that. it would just have to be PPT'ed, since it technically wouldn't be on-roster like that.

ale014
01-05-2011, 10:10 PM
hell, it wouldn't even be illegal to sell it like that. it would just have to be PPT'ed, since it technically wouldn't be on-roster like that.

YUP