PDA

View Full Version : One thing people are forgetting!!!!!!

jemaddux
08-05-2006, 7:59 PM
Everyone is sending, faxing and emailing letters to DOJ. THIS IS AN ELECTION YEAR PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! Do the same to the Governor also. Flood his office with letters also and make some people pay attention. Show them the first memo saying they were going to list and we would have the 90 day reg period. Tell them because of this memo you bought one, two, three, whatever you bought and tell them you want to be a LEGAL VOTING GUN OWNER. You would be surprised, they will respond.

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
State Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: 916-445-2841
Fax: 916-445-4633

Email

To send an Email please visit:
http://www.govmail.ca.gov

District Offices

Fresno Office
2550 Mariposa Mall #3013
Fresno, CA 93721
Phone: 559-445-5295
Fax: 559-445-5328

Los Angeles Office
300 South Spring Street
Suite 16701
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Phone: 213-897-0322
Fax: 213-897-0319

Riverside Office
3737 Main Street #201
Riverside, CA 92501
Phone: 951-680-6860
Fax: 951-680-6863

San Diego Office
1350 Front Street
Suite 6054
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: 619-525-4641
Fax: 619-525-4640

San Francisco Office
455 Golden Gate Avenue
Suite 14000
San Francisco, CA 94102
Phone: 415-703-2218
Fax: 415-703-2803

Make your words count, if you limit who you send this to will limit what is done.

Just my opinion here:D

jemaddux
08-05-2006, 8:21 PM
Since the Attorney General is a Constitutional Officer, and his agency has been tasked with regulating and enforcing these statutes, I really dont see the value in flooding his office with letters about this proposed action.

I think that targeted activism is key here.

I also must point out that I like the way you think and your enthusiasm.

I just disagree with the tactics.

I have it on very good authority that the Governors staff has been kept abreast of this issue all year, and have been concerned the whole time.

There are (believe it or not) really great people in the administration who not only care about, but understand this issue.

In a few weeks, if any of these bills pass, good or bad, the governors office will need to hear from us then, on something he can actually do;sign or veto legislation.

I would prefer to stay on message and stay on task. this is the crunch time.

Thats my two cents.

And your ideas have worked so well so far right? It takes an extra couple minutes out of your life to bug someone else that has the power to actually say what is going on with this and why is my office getting bothered, he also has that little power thing going that says this is an election year and maybe we can win some votes by doing something.

Librarian
08-06-2006, 12:35 AM
The other aspect is that any governor - and I know Arnold is this way - doesn't really pay attention until a bill gets to his desk.

Sometimes a governor will propose something, and twist arms to get it through; sometimes he will make it clear a bill will be DOA, so the legislature shouldn't waste its time. But gun bills have been in neither of those categories for as long as I can remember.

chris
08-06-2006, 1:07 AM
yep we need to send tons of letters concerning us when a bill is going to get to his desk. then and only then should we do so. for pending bills the same applies. we need to slam these people with letters to let them know were not asleep at the wheel. stay involved that is what need to do and that is what we are doing right now.

C.G.
08-06-2006, 1:30 AM
[quote=Librarian]The other aspect is that any governor - and I know Arnold is this way - doesn't really pay attention until a bill gets to his desk.

quote]

+1. I know this one from experience.

Mudvayne540ld
08-06-2006, 1:48 AM
same here.
Got a letter back concerning the mail order ammo ban with that reply

mikehaas
08-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Everyone is sending, faxing and emailing letters to DOJ. THIS IS AN ELECTION YEAR PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! Do the same to the Governor ...
I can understand the desire to expand the list of communications and this may be an appropriate tact AFTER the DOJ meeting, but right now, all effort really should be focused LIKE A LASER on the DOJ.

It's a question of the limited TIME and amount of input gun-owners can generate - we have none to spare for side diversions. Every letter a gun-owner writes but doesn't send to DOJ is a bit of "worth-its-weight-in-gold" effort that could have been better utilized. That adds up.

I can promise you, if it was effective to lobby the governor right now, NRA would provide a contact tool and make that request. In reality, such efforts would not be as effective as zeroing in on DOJ, particularly since the AG and the governor ar in opposite sides of the aisle and both are elected positions.

After all, this is Lockyer's last year as AG - we need to give his replacement something to think about too.

Mike

chris
08-07-2006, 12:34 AM
let us stay focused on this with the DOJ and we'll slam'em and we'll do it hard. we need max participatoin on this issue.