PDA

View Full Version : CCW APPLICATION VENT

thrasherfox
01-05-2011, 2:41 PM
Guess a person cant rant around here either without catching crap from everyone.

No worries, lessons still being learned around here for me.

Window_Seat
01-05-2011, 2:49 PM
Can anyone explain to me if there is a legitimate reason?

Rant off

Waiting time is something that will NEVER get a legitimate excuse.

It's arbitrary, and I'm hoping it will be part of the subject matter in the near future when it comes to striking certain arbitrary CCW application processes.

Not sure if you've mentioned it before, but what city, and I take it they don't have declared G?

Erik.

Gray Peterson
01-05-2011, 2:53 PM
Please PM me and wildhawker with specific details of your good cause and where you're applying, please. They cannot take more than 90 days for an app per PC12052.5.

Gray Peterson
01-05-2011, 5:02 PM
thrasherfox,

I've communicated with Brandon and he explained to me what's going on from what you've told him. Rather than PMing you, I think this deserves to be stated here.

You were warned repeatedly not to apply to a police department. You were warned repeatedly not to cooperate with the sheriff's unlawful demands and to actually apply directly to the sheriff. You stated "you didn't want to make waves" and you just wanted your permit.

When you act like someone who is desperate, you will be treated like someone who is desperate. Desperate people get treated like **** by the governments of this state. The problem, of course, is that if the PD is sued for violating the 90 day rule, they will just declare 12050(g) with the sheriff's office memo and you'll be back right where you started.

We told you to apply to the sheriff. You declined because you didn't want to "make waves". Now you're out 2 months and you're waiting another 4-6 months. Withdraw your application now, and apply to the county sheriff, using the form we sent you, and ignore their unlawful requirements......

Mstrty
01-05-2011, 5:13 PM
So I submitted my CCW application to the local PD November 3rd.

I applied June 22nd. Just recieved permit yesterday.
Some folks that applied 3 months after I applied got their permit before me. Doesnt seem fair, however I took the advice of Brandon and Gray and just stayed the course and finally got my permit. They have paved the way, I dont understand why you want to build your own road.

Munk
01-05-2011, 5:14 PM
thrasherfox,

I've communicated with Brandon and he explained to me what's going on from what you've told him. Rather than PMing you, I think this deserves to be stated here.

You were warned repeatedly not to apply to a police department. You were warned repeatedly not to cooperate with the sheriff's unlawful demands and to actually apply directly to the sheriff. You stated "you didn't want to make waves" and you just wanted your permit.

When you act like someone who is desperate, you will be treated like someone who is desperate. Desperate people get treated like **** by the governments of this state. The problem, of course, is that if the PD is sued for violating the 90 day rule, they will just declare 12050(g) with the sheriff's office memo and you'll be back right where you started.

We told you to apply to the sheriff. You declined because you didn't want to "make waves". Now you're out 2 months and you're waiting another 4-6 months. Withdraw your application now, and apply to the county sheriff, using the form we sent you, and ignore their unlawful requirements......

The downfall to trying to play nice-guy and assert your rights at the same time. Like he says... you have to be a bit of a jerk, make some waves.

You stop being a nice guy when you become a doormat.

Good luck with your resubmitted application.

yellowfin
01-05-2011, 6:35 PM
If you think that's bad, check this out: there's at least one county in New York that takes 4 months to have an appointment to turn in the paperwork to APPLY, then wait the 6 months.

J.D.Allen
01-05-2011, 6:47 PM
I mean if a person honestly has a concern for their safety, and they are applying for a CCW for the right reasons and not BS reasons just to carry a gun, why in the heck are you going to make that person wait 6 months.

I know you are probably very upset, and in your situation I would be as well, but can I nit pick you for just a second?

"BS reasons just to carry a gun"? That is not a "BS" reason. Everyone could be in danger of being attacked, at any moment. I understand you feel the need more acutely at the moment, but we play right into the antis' hands when even we assume that people who do not have an immediate, identifiable threat just want to carry a gun for some kind of power trip.

I hope you get your permit soon, and I sincerely hope you and your family end up OK through all this.

Anti-Hero
01-05-2011, 7:07 PM
Currently getting a CCW is a game of hoops which you must jump through. If you can't jump through the simple hoops, laid out plainly in front of you by the CGF, then how do you expect to navigate the substantial hoops you're already encountering from local LE?

yellowfin
01-05-2011, 7:25 PM
One thing that might be useful in the meantime is to find a few good plaintiffs to sue to get the law overturned that gives sheriffs immunity from consequences of not issuing CCW's.

freonr22
01-05-2011, 9:57 PM
Actually I am better after I posted this.

On my way home from work I stopped by the Sheriff's office and spoke with their CDR about the issue.

Very friendly and positive conversation. He knows the situation with the local PD and he assured me they were not just sitting on it. he said there is one guy that does the CCW's and a lot of other different jobs. he even took the time to explain to me what alot of them were. (he knows the guy at the PD who does the CCW's)

So he kind of gave me a different perspective. Everything he said made total sense and he told me the guy at the local PD is a good guy (which I have heard before).

The bottom line is there is a lot of crap going on in my area and they are kind of undermanned with too much crap going on. And a CCW naturally is going to take back seat to a criminal investigation

He also said the local PD's and the Sheriff's department often have different good cause requirements and told me if the local PD denied me then apply with them.

Just the fact that he spent the time (about 15 minutes) sharing information with me he didnt have to do tells me he is a pretty good guy.
a different line of bs stall tactic
So I will just continue my course, and if the PD turns me down I will apply at the Sheriffs, and if they turn me down then I will just drop it and move on and just hope I can move out of this state soon.

so you were placated to be denied your rights of a speedy application, respectfully to you after ignoring the advice of the 2 heaviest hitters in the ccw? i am honestly not interested in your rant further.