View Full Version : Luger Safety Issue

01-05-2011, 10:07 AM
The Luger in question is a stainless 6" Stoeger - not exactly C & R but I think what fixes an original will fix this version.

In the rearward (safety on) position the lever has a bit of slop - as though the safety lever is without tension pressing up against the flat of the upper. When the safety is not engaged, tension is tight and the lever stays put - but that's not the case when on safe. I know the internals very well and that a pin holds the safety lever in place, two little grooves in the base of the safety lever when it's pinned in place - is there a method for tightening the relationship between the safety lever and the frame? The safety lever itself is tempered and bending (I presume) even slightly is not an option.

I've never seen stainless Stoeger Luger parts for sale, obviously don't want to screw this up. But I figure there has to be a method used to keep the safety lever tight or adjusting.

01-05-2011, 5:21 PM
Dono much about that sorry, but be careful with Lugers.. "hoobler" from tv WW2 series "band of brothers" died from accidental discharge...

01-05-2011, 7:07 PM
Have you tried asking this question on the Luger forum? http://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=5612