PDA

View Full Version : So who is going to Sacramento August 15 & 16?

tenpercentfirearms
08-04-2006, 9:17 PM
Alright, sound off, who can we count on seeing on Tuesday and/or Wednesday the 15th and 16th for the hearing?

Damn the DOJ, they knew I had a mandatory back to school inservice that day. I am afraid you won't be seeing the yellow scooter heading to Sacto. :mad:

chris
08-04-2006, 9:30 PM
can't be there either too far away and duties are of an important nature. we need a strong showing and also maybe a dress code. atleast a clean shirt and jeans. since weather may be a factor in the suit and tie arena. if there are people wearing camoflauge and what not these guys have to change there attire.

again i would like to be there but can't. good luck guys.

SouthbySouthwest
08-04-2006, 9:35 PM
Alright, sound off, who can we count on seeing on Tuesday and/or Wednesday the 15th and 16th for the hearing?

Ok I must have missed something. I know the hearing was Wed. 16th at 9am, but what is going on Tuesday 15th?

tenpercentfirearms
08-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Some people might go up a day early if they have to travel a long ways. I am sure the people who sound off here might want to get together and hang out. If I didn't have to be back in Bakersfield at 0800 the 16th, I might have come up Tuesday just to hang out a little bit.

rhunter
08-04-2006, 10:13 PM
I requested day of leave a F*&^ing month ago to attend this g*&blasted meeting.
Oh yeah, I will attend this meeting.

PM me if you want "ideas" for your letter. No plagerism. :mad:

Roger

sac7000
08-05-2006, 6:45 AM

Damn the DOJ, they knew I had a mandatory back to school inservice that day. I am afraid you won't be seeing the yellow scooter heading to Sacto. :mad:

What is more important? Transforming young skulls of mush or the right to keep and arm bears? Duty is calling sir. The yellow scooter of freedom must be there.

tenpercentfirearms
08-05-2006, 9:03 AM
What is more important? Transforming young skulls of mush or the right to keep and arm bears? Duty is calling sir. The yellow scooter of freedom must be there.
It is hard to continuing fighting for the 2nd Amendment when you lose your 50K a year job because you missed a mandatory inservice that you are supposed to be training other teachers at. I can still write my letter, I just can't be there.

PLINK
08-05-2006, 9:14 AM
I requested the day off to be there. Not very good at writing letters, so I will be at the meeting.

Should have made this a poll.

10% - that sucks you can't go. I wanted to see the yellow scooter.:(

Ten Rounder
08-05-2006, 10:07 AM
I should be there with a friend in tow. Don't know how late I will be able to stay. I will be also representing my home county up north. My Sherrif knows I will be going and have requested a letter be sent on his behalf. He would be in the dark if I did not bring this information to his attention.

sac7000
08-05-2006, 10:20 AM
It is hard to continuing fighting for the 2nd Amendment when you lose your 50K a year job because you missed a mandatory inservice that you are supposed to be training other teachers at. I can still write my letter, I just can't be there.

How about someone reading aloud a prepared statement from you on your behalf? Your ability to put ideas and thoughts into words are unique. Even though you cannot be present you could still be heard. Just a thought.

tenpercentfirearms
08-05-2006, 10:58 AM
I like that! I might just have to do that.

jemaddux
08-05-2006, 7:25 PM
As far as I know I will be there. I have already had a meeting with them about all this but will be there as long as I can. One thing for people to remember when you are there, bring supporting facts of anything you plan on saying. They will play stupid like they know nothing and expect you to be able to explain anything you have to offer with facts, such as photos or anything else that ill support what you have said.

SemiAutoSam
08-05-2006, 7:30 PM
I like that! I might just have to do that.

You know it would have to be someone that owns a scooter and or rides like paul revere.

What was the phrase....Two weeks ?

Patrick henry is out as he is somewhat dead or as they called it in the princess bride ( Mostly Dead )

jdberger
08-05-2006, 7:37 PM
I'm in.

I will wear a jacket and tie.

I have a Tahoe that I'm willing to fill with fellow gunnies.

I don't stop for pee breaks, I ride with all the windows down, I fart and I smoke.

Anyone willing can ride with me. I'm thinking of heading up after work on the 15th. Back on the evening of the 16th. (schedule may vary).

Stevil
08-05-2006, 11:21 PM
I live in Sacramento, so I'll be there with some fellow non-internet gunnies. :)

booknut
08-06-2006, 1:59 AM
Glad I checked in here before I left.

I'm heading to Texas for a week of family visiting, with my kid in tow.

Right now it's flooding like New Orleans there... well, to the folks who live there it must feel like that.

What a place to vacation to! (El Paso).

We are flying out of Sac and back to Sac.
We get in on the 15th, get a hotel room, get up early the 16th, get all gussied up and head off to the meeting.
My daughter will be with me. Let's show her how we do things here in the U.S. of A.!

I'm coming armed... with a left one and a right one... legged too! :D

(if you have a problem with that little joke, read the last two words over again... they're vewwy important in understanding the first three words :p )

See you all there!

Talkin2u2
08-10-2006, 6:11 AM
I'll try to make it. Personal family responsibilities might keep me from being there, but I'll try.

Ricki Stevens
Sacramento, California

NoTime2Shoot
08-10-2006, 8:04 AM
I'm not going to be able to make it. I had to schedule a pre-op.

Sorry I can't be there, but I need to take care of my shoulder.

supdawg
08-10-2006, 1:03 PM
we need a strong showing and also maybe a dress code. atleast a clean shirt and jeans. since weather may be a factor in the suit and tie arena. if there are people wearing camoflauge and what not these guys have to change there attire.

The "Guns don't kill people. I kill people" T-shirt is probably a bad idea also.

anotherone
08-10-2006, 2:18 PM
Gotta love how the DOJ scheduled this thing right at the start of the work day on a week day to minimize attendance. Let's show 'em just how many of us are still willing to come!

6172crew
08-10-2006, 7:59 PM
Good luck guys, I wont be able to check back in until the 21st unless they have net access on the cruise. I did send in my letter along with one of the guys who is over seas that wanted a hard copy sent.

Im hoping these letters and your attendance might help us out in the years to come.

Semper Gumby boys!

jerryg1776
08-10-2006, 10:17 PM
I have a meeting with auditors that weeK.. every day that week. They take a dim view if you do not show up. Its for work.. and NO...I did did not do anything immoral or illegal.

I wish I could go but my job demands that I stay here. My letter and e-mail has been sent!!

Victor
08-11-2006, 9:57 AM
Anyone mind posting a link to what is exactly going on. I've been out in a free state for about a month and have not kept up with the oll situation. Thanks.

Santa Cruz Armory
08-11-2006, 10:17 AM
I'll be there, fellow gunnie in tow.

We should all wear "my name is" sticky name tags! :D

jemaddux
08-11-2006, 7:12 PM
After all the letters and everything else I am now not sure if I will be there or not. I may have to be out of town most of next week with work. I just got back around now and may be gone again so we shall see how the timing of this goes.:(

hoffmang
08-11-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm torn. The run from the Bay Area is not easy that early in the AM... I'm 50-50.

Santa Cruz Armory
08-12-2006, 1:16 AM
I'm getting up at 4:00 am to make it there from Santa Cruz...seems ALOT of people are backing out.

As usual, ALOT of talk and NO support..... Isn't that how we got here?!

Is it too much to ask to get up early ONE day?? I love excuses...

hoffmang
08-12-2006, 7:46 AM
Letter sent man. Physical appearance is a bit less important all in all.

Physical attendance will show the DOJ that they've got a big group emotionally paying attention, but the letters will keep them as honest as we're going to get them.

-G

NoTime2Shoot
08-12-2006, 8:37 AM
I'm getting up at 4:00 am to make it there from Santa Cruz...seems ALOT of people are backing out.

As usual, ALOT of talk and NO support..... Isn't that how we got here?!

Is it too much to ask to get up early ONE day?? I love excuses...

Sorry, getting into surgery is taking the lead in things to do.

Santa Cruz Armory
08-12-2006, 12:38 PM
It's not only the DOJ who will be watching the the attendence, this issue has stirred enough intrest that I feel the media may be involved as well.

As we all know, media intrest = public intrest = political intrest. The more support we have/ show for our position the better off we are. Hell, maybe someone should tip off the media about this just to make sure they're there.

We need the public to get involved...most gun owners don't realize what's happening. Sacramento is close enough to Norcal and the valley (bay area= liberal :() that the local media would touch some of those counties that are pro gun...we just need to have a good showing.

mikehaas
08-12-2006, 1:31 PM
Anyone mind posting a link to what is exactly going on. I've been out in a free state for about a month and have not kept up with the oll situation. Thanks.
See this thread:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=38029

Mike

PLINK
08-12-2006, 4:48 PM
I am starting to have the feeling that the turn out is going to be very poor.

The Soup Nazi
08-12-2006, 4:49 PM
I'd totally get a ride from one of you! Except I have to take ID pictures on that day so I can get a locker and the Gestapo won't give me Saturday School.

Brooklyn
08-13-2006, 4:08 AM
I requested the days off ahead of time, so im for sure. I can take a couple of people from the vacaville/fairfield/dixon area if they can split some gas funds. I want to hear what the DOJ has to say. PM me to exchange info.

Mirage
08-13-2006, 9:08 AM
At the company I work for, all vacation requests are denied for August, and September. We have too many school jobs that have to get completed. Although, the presidents son is taking off to Germany!
Funny how that works.

bwiese
08-13-2006, 11:25 AM
I'll be there ;)

boosterboy
08-13-2006, 1:44 PM
Bring your wives and girlfriends.

Ladies, SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!

hoffmang
08-13-2006, 8:49 PM
Boosterboy just wants some attractive women to show up.

Bill, you may have tilted me over the 50-50 hurdle... My boat is up in Disco Bay so I could theoretically crash there Tuesday night and shorten my commute.

Anyway, likely to see you all there. I am very interested to read any reaction we can see from the members of the Department who show up.

-G

bwiese
08-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Anyway, likely to see you all there. I am very interested to read any reaction we can see from the members of the Department who show up.

Prob no reaction at all one way or another. No comments to our comments until they formally release them.

This will be a line-'em-up, speak-your-piece gig, with a DOJ employee or two running the meeting/keeping order.

Expect a bunch of jumpy CHiPpies like the last SB23 comment meeting.

derek@thepackingrat.net
08-14-2006, 12:40 AM
I'll be going for support - I live VERY close anyway. Might learn a thing or two.

Prince50
08-14-2006, 8:34 AM
Cannot go in Tuesday, as I'll be in Palm springs for work.

Figuring flights from Palm Springs to Sac for the AM meeting. Any idea how long this might take, as I'll need to be back in Palm Springs in the early evening?

I think I have a good reason to go Eh?

Thanks for the info.

Darin

hoffmang
08-14-2006, 3:52 PM
Bill,

I've done these at the federal level so I know what to expect. However, in face body language could be interesting depending on competence.

Quark and I will be there.

-G

jonb
08-15-2006, 7:24 AM
In order to participate, do you have to show up at 09:00, or can you show up later? And if so, is there a time frame that allows flexibility in when you arrive? As I recall, parking can be an issue in that area.

Sorry if this has all been discussed, if so just call me an idiot! But please include a link with the epithet!
Thanks,
JonB

Comstock Lode
08-15-2006, 7:38 AM
Can't make it... sent about 12 letters, covered just about every issue and concern I could think of. Anyone know hen DOJ will publish formal responses?

bwiese
08-15-2006, 8:22 AM
Can't make it... sent about 12 letters, covered just about every issue and concern I could think of. Anyone know hen DOJ will publish formal responses?

They won't publish individual letters. They will go thru all and extract and distill common individual themes. If 100 people address a similar issue in a similar fashion, it will distill down to one comment summary, and their response to it.

1911_sfca
08-15-2006, 8:37 AM
I'm leaving in the morning from San Francisco. If anyone wants a ride, send me a PM.

dwtt
08-15-2006, 6:27 PM
Has anyone prepared counterpoints or rebuttals when the Brady Bunch shows up and tell their lies? It would be sad for a dozen people to state their opposition to the DOJ's proposed rulemaking, only to have a dozen people from the Brady Bunch go up and tell a bunch of lies designed to neutralized our concerns.
I can't make it, but good luck to those who can.

bg
08-15-2006, 7:41 PM
If they're anything like the SB-23 hearings up north and
down in L.A which I went to, you get up, they give you
3 minutes I believe to state your business and that's it.
No rebuttal etc. There was one lady there in L.A that
stood up and praised the DOJ for dealing with SB-23
and trying to cut down on weapons with the new law.

She got booed all over the place, but I'll give her credit.
She stood her ground and made sure she got her 2 cents
in..even though it was mostly BS. I'm sure she thought
this as well when a lot of us got up and tried to get this
new law [then] figuered out. When it first came out,
SB-23 was written so ANY grip that was lower than the
trigger assy where it hooked up to the stock would
be considered a pistol grip etc..Man was THAT nuts.

I can't go but I did write and wish you all a safe trip
up and back.

booknut
08-15-2006, 8:59 PM
Okay, here we are in Sacramento.
Enjoyed Old Sacramento this evening and we'll be at the meeting tomorrow.
I'll have my teenage daughter in tow, so if any of you want to come up and
say hello, that'll be fine.

We have a long drive home after this quick vacation so we will be leaving around noon no matter how long the meeting is.

See you all there!

Booknut (Mark)

Santa Cruz Armory
08-15-2006, 9:44 PM
:) See you gents in the morning. :)

jdberger
08-15-2006, 9:45 PM
Clearly, I can't make it. Litigation never sleeps.

Best of luck to you all. Stay on point. Be respectful. Be concise. Be righteous (not necessarily in the religious sense).

leelaw
08-15-2006, 10:31 PM
<sigh> Just found out I need to work tomorrow. I'm not making it. :(

calAWBsux
08-15-2006, 11:07 PM
Kudos to all who are going to the meeting. :)

wuhungsix
08-16-2006, 1:04 AM
I will try to be there. I live in Sacramento and will be in Downtown dropping off my girlfriend at work. The only thing is I will be at work until 6:30am (13 hour shift) and I have another shift the next evening. 9-12 is dead in the center of my sleep time. I will be a walking zombie if I'm there.

Chaingun
08-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks for all attending.

Hope to hear some positive feedback

Draven
08-17-2006, 3:41 AM
I'd like to see some posts on what was heard/said while there...

EDIT: DUH... found the thread...