PDA

View Full Version : CCW in La Verne CA

jaredpotts
01-04-2011, 1:29 PM
hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has been issued a CCW in the city of La Verne. I'm pretty sure that la verne has declared G and you have to go through the LASD, but I'm not positive. Looking for any success stories or advice as well. I currently work in public safety (not police) and do a lot of long range hiking in La County and am wondering if that will help my case.

Thanks

D-Man
01-04-2011, 2:26 PM
They have not declared G at this point. Last PRAR I submitted about 6 months ago said no permits issued in the past couple of years and no denials on record with the state AG.

AndrewMendez
01-04-2011, 5:52 PM
Jump on board with the CCW Initiative (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/resources/ccw-initiative.html). La Verne will defer to LA County. The party is just beginning.

eta34
01-04-2011, 6:44 PM
What is declaring G?

The Shadow
01-04-2011, 6:59 PM
I would be completely surprised if any police agency in LA county took the initiative and made issuing CCWs shall issue. The first thing I think about is peer pressure from other police managers in the surrounding cities, and Baca himself. Then of course there is the "Only police need guns" mentality. So, I don't see any CLEOs in LA County mustering up the intestinal fortitude to go against the current and issue CCWs to their citizens.

obeygiant
01-04-2011, 8:53 PM
What is declaring G?

CAL. PEN. CODE 12050(g) (http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/cacode/PEN/3/4/2/1/3/s12050)

(g)Nothing in this article shall preclude the chief or other head of a municipal police department of any city from entering an agreement with the sheriff of the county in which the city is located for the sheriff to process all applications for licenses, renewals of licenses, and amendments to licenses, pursuant to this article.

"(g)" is also known as a "Memorandum of Understanding" between the City Police Department and the County Sheriff in which the Sheriff will process all applications and licenses.