PDA

View Full Version : AR-7

Coded-Dude
01-04-2011, 10:23 AM
I did a little searching, but didn't find a thread. Anybody have one of these? I'm going to be buying a .22 rifle soon, and was thinking about the M&P15-22, but may got with the AR first. I've seen a few customized ones on the internet that look pretty cool, but they defeat the purpose of its compact and convenient breakdown feature. The AR seems like a no brainier due to cost alone, but I would love some feedback from anyone that owns one. thanks in advance.

http://www.henryrepeating.com/images/rifles/h002b-survival-open.jpg

http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifle-survival-ar7.cfm

madmike
01-04-2011, 11:24 AM
They're kinda neat to have, but not something that gets taken out and shot often. More of a novelty than anything else.

maddoggie13
01-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Great to have an AR7 for camping or SHTF... The other good camping rifle is SU2000 from Kel Tec.

asheron2
01-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Have one, they arent the most accurate pieces of equipment and the rear peep sight is kind of junky. But when you put an optic on them they are loads of fun. The teflon coating is nice because it reduces maintenance, but the mags do rust fairly easy so just keep them whiped down with oil when you are done using the gun.

FYI: The old ones made by Costa Mesa dont float........tragically my fathers now lies at the bottom of lake shasta somewhere............really!!!

Argonaut
01-04-2011, 11:34 AM
We have one in the barn at the ranch, it gets shot a lot. There is a lot of discussion about them not working well (FTE and FTF) but ours has been good. It was designed by Eugene Stoner before he did the M16. There is a company building some fun accessories for them too.

SoCal Bob
01-04-2011, 12:21 PM
The AR-7 has been passed along from one manufacturer to another, some much better than others. I have one that was made by Armalite and it eats anything. I have read of many complaints about reliability when Charter Arms made them.

Henry is now the manufacturer and Henry doesn't make junk. If you get one, and there is a problem, Henry customer service will work with you until you are satisfied.

Oceanbob
01-04-2011, 12:32 PM
I did a little searching, but didn't find a thread. Anybody have one of these? I'm going to be buying a .22 rifle soon, and was thinking about the M&P15-22, but may got with the AR first. I've seen a few customized ones on the internet that look pretty cool, but they defeat the purpose of its compact and convenient breakdown feature. The AR seems like a no brainier due to cost alone, but I would love some feedback from anyone that owns one. thanks in advance.

Real old; like late 1970s old. I installed a different kit on it; I will dig it out when I find it.
I am hesitant to recommend these; only 8 rounds, mine was fussy about ammo.

I guess if I were to buy a .22 rifle it would be a stainless Ruger 10-22 and have the barrel cut to minimum. The Ruger has loads of various options and aftermarket stocks/sites/magazines etc...that would make it a winner for a short carbine duffel bag weapon. Better yet, why not a neat Ruger .22 hunter pistol with a scope. Short, lightweight, 10 rounds and will do everything you need for a survival .22. (hey, it's only MONEY..LOL)

I do like the MP 15-22, cool looking but you can get two Ruger 10-22 for that price. And have more mag options. ;)

pilote
01-04-2011, 2:01 PM

are you only interested in using bulk ammo? don't buy an ar7; it jams quickly with a steady diet of cheap dirty bulk ammo...i use only minimags and stingers in my henry; no issues.

if you're looking for a good plinker, you would be happier with something else that can consistently feed and fire bulk ammo.

the ar7 is not a novelty rifle, unless you consider low cost rimfires to be throwaway toys...it's a 2.5lb pack/survival rifle accurate enough in the 10-30yd range to take small game and light enough to carry in a backpack without its weight to be a hindrance...a 100yd sniper rifle it ain't.

understand its tradeoffs and then decide if you want to spend money on one...

CmpsdNoMore
01-04-2011, 2:07 PM
I've seen one at a pawn shop around here. It was silver and the first thing I noticed was how big the stock was. The stock also seemed (I've never tested it) like it would be easily shattered if dropped on a rock or something hard.

Either way, for the size I've rather carry a regular rifle or a rifle/shotgun over-under combo

Coded-Dude
01-04-2011, 2:12 PM
I don't want it for a sniper rifle. I would probably keep it in my truck as a SHTF back up gun. It would get lot of plinking use though(camping/range/etc). I have my eyes on other rifles (.22 or .223 and .308 for longer range shooting) , but this seemed like a reasonably priced addition to any rifle collection. It will probably end up as a novelty hand me down or something similar.

thanks all for your comments thus far, it really helps.

Clee
01-04-2011, 2:23 PM
Junk. Trash. Own one and its a PIECE. And yes mine is a Henry, I bought back in college in the late 90s. This is not a survival gun, way too unreliable, way too inaccurate. Also I found at least with mine (I've shoulder others without this problem) is that the comb is way too high, I have to scrunch my face to look through the peep sight. Maybe they redesigned it since I got mine.

That being said they are kinda neat and fun. If you own several guns and have money to burn, I say go ahead and buy one for fun but don't expect much out of it. I think though a Ruger 1022 is a much better choice. Or a Marlin Papoose if you like the breakdown feature.

bigthaiboy
01-04-2011, 2:26 PM
I have the older model Henry AR-7 (not the one with the updated stock with the orange inserts as in the OP), and it shoots great. A little fussy about ammo, but I find Remington Golden Bullet bulk feeds reliable, but this ammo does dirty up the action after 100 or 200 rds. It's accurate enough for shorter distances because there's no sight adjustment, just a simple peep hole. It's main appeal is it's size and weight. It was designed as a survival rifle for the USAF, and definitely has it's limitations. If you have use for a very lightweight James Bond-like .22 rifle that fits into a back pack when you go off hiking, then this rifle might be for you. If you just want a plinking rifle, I think the novelty will wear off quickly, and for $200+ there are better plinking rifles available.

007's .25 Cal suppressed AR-7

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/bigthaiboy/ar007.jpg

Rem222
01-04-2011, 2:40 PM
As long as I shoot good ammo (CCI Mini Mags) it's fine. As mentioned above, mine will not reliably cycle cheap ammo..

pilote
01-04-2011, 3:25 PM
I have the older model Henry AR-7 (not the one with the updated stock with the orange inserts as in the OP), and it shoots great. A little fussy about ammo, but I find Remington Golden Bullet bulk feeds reliable, but this ammo does dirty up the action after 100 or 200 rds. It's accurate enough for shorter distances because there's no sight adjustment, just a simple peep hole. It's main appeal is it's size and weight. It was designed as a survival rifle for the USAF, and definitely has it's limitations. If you have use for a very lightweight James Bond-like .22 rifle that fits into a back pack when you go off hiking, then this rifle might be for you. If you just want a plinking rifle, I think the novelty will wear off quickly, and for $200+ there are better plinking rifles available.

...you are spot on!

note...it isn't just the orange insert (which holds 2 instead of 1 extra mag); the barrel end is now all metal, not plastic surrounding the metal barrel...a major change and improvement.

bohoki
01-04-2011, 3:28 PM
i have one and i never shoot it as i am sick of swearing at it

get a 10/22 and a folding stock

Eddie1965
01-04-2011, 3:50 PM
I have an older Henry as well and other than being picky on ammo I've had no problems, I might get the newer version soon and pass on the old one to my 15 yr old boy.

cannon
01-04-2011, 4:32 PM
I have a Charter Arms one I bought at Big 5 way back in the day. No problems and I play with it once or twice a year.

pTa
01-04-2011, 4:41 PM
went shooting with my brother/ he brought his AR7 and it worked. I think it's form the era that would haver been charter arms. Had a 15 round mag with his.
Our ammo was mostly the CCI mnimags.

bbguns44
01-04-2011, 5:01 PM
http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/SelfLoading/70PSS.asp

Marlin is close but not as compact. Might shoot better.

RangemasterP226
01-04-2011, 5:12 PM
Get a 10-22 or

if you want a break-down rifle, get a Marlin Papoose.

sequoia_nomad
01-04-2011, 6:25 PM
My grandpa used to keep one behind the seat of his old Chevy truck. Can't attest for anything about it other than being loads of fun when I was a kid. Good memories, thanks:angel:

captbilly
01-04-2011, 6:41 PM
I was given one by my brother back in the 70s, perhaps he bought it after seeing it in a James Bond movie, and it is kind of cool. Problem is that it is also terribly unreliable. If I was stuck on a deserted island that had lots of small animals, that I could shoot and eat, it might be really good to have, but if I needed it to work as an auto loader, fogetaboudit. I can't say if some are better than others because I have never shot any but my own, but it seems to me that some of the problems are inherent in the design. The bolt and receiver are aluminum, as is the barrel (it does have a steel liner), so the metal is very soft and wears quickly. The extractor cutout in the barrel seems to have worn very quickly, and if you dry fire the thing it will leave a big dent in the aluminum barrel (I know, you shouldn't dry fire a rim fire, but it happens by accident sometimes).

If you like the novelty of the gun then get one, but if you want a SHTF gun it is probably not for you.

robcoe
01-04-2011, 7:11 PM
I keep one of the new henry models in my car, its my second most used gun and I have found it to be reliable with routine maintnence(I only clean it and my 22/45, the most used gun, about every 500-600 rounds or every two weeks, whatever comes first). Never had a FTF or FTE and all the times it did not fire were obviously due to the cheap ammo I was using

bigthaiboy
01-04-2011, 7:39 PM
...you are spot on!

note...it isn't just the orange insert (which holds 2 instead of 1 extra mag); the barrel end is now all metal, not plastic surrounding the metal barrel...a major change and improvement.

Is it really a new barrel? According to the Henry website, the metal barrel is covered in ABS plastic : http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifle-survival-ar7.cfm

The new AR-7 also has a notched dovetail scope mount.

I was given one by my brother back in the 70s, perhaps he bought it after seeing it in a James Bond movie, and it is kind of cool. Problem is that it is also terribly unreliable.

Henry bought the manufacturing rights for the AR-7 in 1997, so to be fair, you can't really compare pre-97 AR-7 models made by Charter Arms and Survival Arms (however, I hear the Armalite and AR-7 Industries models were superior). Henry has made improvements on the previous design to make the Henry Survival Rifle.

* 1959-1973: ArmaLite
* 1973-1990: Charter Arms
* 1990-1997: Survival Arms, Cocoa, FL
* 1997–Present: Henry Repeating Arms Co., Brooklyn, NY
* 1998-2004: AR-7 Industries, LLC, Meriden, CT (bought by ArmaLite in 2004)

Carsgunsandchics
01-04-2011, 8:15 PM
I have a charter arms Ar-7. It's not picky about ammo at all now, it'll eat any bulk ammo without a fuss. When I first got it the bolt would stick, even with just hand cycling it. My cure was to mount up a brass bore brush on a drill and polish the inner area, followed up with a 12gauge chamber mop with polishing compound. Cleaned up and put back together with a very generous dose of oil, ran about 500 rounds thru it before doing just a general cleaning.

novabrian
01-04-2011, 8:21 PM
I have a camo Henry and it works great and seems pretty accurate.

pilote
01-05-2011, 4:08 AM
Is it really a new barrel? According to the Henry website, the metal barrel is covered in ABS plastic

...and it still is...but the BARREL END is not...the end screwed into the breech used to be steel barrel and abs; now that end is all steel...this change began with the "orange" model; the front sight on the new barrel is also orange...

i actually didn't notice it right away; i bought another (silver) barrel from henry for the heck of it...when i compared the two that when i saw it.

if pics weren't such a pain to do on these forum sights i'd post it...

BroncoBob
01-05-2011, 6:08 AM
Yes I have one and don't have all the problems that most people talk about. Of course mine is a little bit personalized.
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/AR-7%20Conversion/MVC-018F.jpg

Surferchris1
01-05-2011, 8:32 AM
The original poster seemed interested in customizing an AR-7, if you were planning on using parts from "AR-7 Customized accessories LLC" I don't think they are still in business. I placed an order 7-8 months ago, and even got an automated receipt emailed to me, but then nothing. I called and emailed several times but never got any response. They never charged my card though so it's not like they ripped me off, I figured they just closed up shop. There is no indication of this on their website though. If anyone knows of other places that sell accessories for the AR-7 I'd like to hear about them, I haven't found too much out there.

Personally, I love my Charter Arms AR-7. It always gets shot, even when some of my nicer guns stay home. I'd say it works "good" with decent ammo (~1-2% failure), and works "meh, good enough " with cheap bulk (~2-4% failure). In general it also prefers round nose to HP ammo.

Ask yourself this, do you like to tinker with stuff? I do, so I think it's fun to figure out exactly what ammo this gun likes, and how much oil and where it likes it, and maybe I should take some needle nose pliers and tweak the feed lip just a little... What others see as design flaws, well they are design flaws, but I guess I see them more as an opportunity for me to improve the design. Since this gun is so inexpensive, and strictly for fun and I don't depend on it for HD or SHTF or anything really, I don't feel bad messing around around with it, and I enjoy that.

EDIT: I did eventually receive my parts from AR-7 Customized Accessories, so apparently they are still in business. It took about 9 months, and they never returned a single phone call or email but I was able to get someone on the phone once (out of at least a dozen attempts) and he told me that the barrel I ordered was backordered. I have to say though, I'm pretty happy with the quality of the parts, I especially really like the target barrel with the cantilever scope mount.

PotShot
01-05-2011, 9:20 AM
Very high fun factor - very well made.

http://www.gsg5rifle.com/item/166316_American_Tactical_Imports_Rifles_Shotguns_G SG_GERG2222LTD09T___GSG5.aspx

DippyPower
01-05-2011, 9:25 AM
I got one of the current production Henry ones in November. So far it has shot everything I have fed it. I have shot round nose, hollow point, and flat nose bullets out of it with no problems. It even cycled with some standard velocity Remington ammo I had around.

If you want an AR-7 then I recommend you go and buy one. They are inexpensive, light to carry in a pack, and fun to shoot. Now it can have some potential problems. First, it is oddly shaped and has a long length of pull compared to other .22s. Second, you have to make sure that you fully insert the magazine. Third, there is nothing to hold onto at the front of the gun besides the barrel or front of the receiver. You have to be careful holding onto the receiver as you can move the magazine enough to cause feed problems. With the barrel you have to be careful as it heats up with continuous firing. I have found it best to hold onto the barrel nut with my thumb and index finger and then use the rest of my hand to push against the receiver to bring the gun into my shoulder. Finally, this gun was not designed to be an all day plinking gun and has to be treated as such. The barrel is thin and will bend easier than those of other guns and there are no sling swivels so it is best to carry it any distance packed in the stock and in a bag/pack. If you can live with the limits of the design it is a great little gun.

fatkidjake
01-30-2011, 10:39 PM
I have a Charter Arms. A little picky about ammo. My dad bought it back in the early 70's I believe. Fun to shoot, but I perfer my Rem 597. The bad thing about this one is there is only room for one mag in the stock. Maybe back then they only came with one, and he bought a second. It always sucks to make sure and remember to grab the other mag when you go shooting.

Rekrab
01-31-2011, 11:53 AM
Crazy, I was just coming over here to look for information on these guns and this thread is right up at the top.

With the price of an AR-7 on Gunbroker varying wildly from $180-$350 I was pretty curious about the differences between the various brands. Thanks for the info guys!

DasBoost
01-31-2011, 4:32 PM
The AR-7 has been passed along from one manufacturer to another, some much better than others. I have one that was made by Armalite and it eats anything. I have read of many complaints about reliability when Charter Arms made them.

Henry is now the manufacturer and Henry doesn't make junk. If you get one, and there is a problem, Henry customer service will work with you until you are satisfied.

I have been curious for awhile but not sure of the quality from company to company.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/SelfLoading/70PSS.asp

Marlin is close but not as compact. Might shoot better. How much better, in terms of quality and accuracy, is the Marlin?

Crazy, I was just coming over here to look for information on these guns and this thread is right up at the top.

With the price of an AR-7 on Gunbroker varying wildly from $180-$350 I was pretty curious about the differences between the various brands. Thanks for the info guys!

Same here. I've been looking at the AR-7 for awhile for plinking/backpacking and haven't heard too much one way or the other on them. This definitely helps. :cool2:

CaliRN
01-31-2011, 5:30 PM
Bought one back in the 70's for backpacking, shot ok, mags were a bit dicey about feeding but it did work. Still have it in the safe along with a bunch of mags, factory scope mount and some other drivel.

586L-Frame
01-31-2011, 11:00 PM
I still have my Charter Arms AR-7 that I bought back in the 70's.
When I 1st purchased it I upgraded the front and rear sights and added
the scope mount and scope and Ramline mags.

I never had any mis-feeds since I thoroughly cleaned and lubed after
shooting.

Here are some pics of my C/A Ar-7 .22lr.
Sits mostly in the safe in its original packaging.
586L-Frame

DLC’s Charter Arms AR-7 purchased in the 70’s.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/dlchan/DSC03820.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/dlchan/DSC03840.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/dlchan/DSC03841.jpg

x

pilote
02-01-2011, 7:03 AM
I still have my Charter Arms AR-7 that I bought back in the 70's.
When I 1st purchased it I upgraded the front and rear sights and added
the scope mount and scope and Ramline mags.

I never had any mis-feeds since I thoroughly cleaned and lubed after
shooting.

what did you do to "upgrade" the rear peep sight? drill a bigger hole?

586L-Frame
02-01-2011, 12:24 PM
what did you do to "upgrade" the rear peep sight? drill a bigger hole?

Nope, no drilling was necessary.
The Rear Ramline Peep sight, just required a screwdriver to unscrew and remove the original flat peep sight, then screw-in the new upgraded Ramline peep sight which is adjustable.
Attached are a few pics.
586L-Frame

DLC’s Charter Arms AR-7 purchased in the 70’s w Ramline upgraded front & rear sights.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/dlchan/DSC03838.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/dlchan/DSC03837.jpg

x

pilote
02-01-2011, 7:46 PM
Nope, no drilling was necessary.
The Rear Ramline Peep sight, just required a screwdriver to unscrew and remove the original flat peep sight, then screw-in the new upgraded Ramline peep sight which is adjustable.

i'd love to get one of those but i'm guessing those aren't available anymore...

586L-Frame
02-01-2011, 8:49 PM
i'd love to get one of those but i'm guessing those aren't available anymore...

Since I bought the sights 40+ years ago...its hard to say.
You can check online maybe...ebay, numerich arms, brownell's, cdnn, ramline,
or google to see if someone might have one. Possibly check with your local gunsmith to see if he may have some old inventory in his parts bins.
586L-Frame

FARRIER
02-02-2011, 5:28 PM
This is my charter arms care of my father. He purchased it in the 70's sometime. It was not lubed, cleaned, or altered until a few years ago. It shot perfect until I altered it. I ordered parts from ar-7 dot com. The kit looks cool. But I have to say that the craftmanship on their parts is equally as bad as the original parts. Neddles to say I love this thing and will pass it on to my children someday. I still kept the original parts. Accuracy is par for a plinker. It is neither precise nor innaccurate.

Coded-Dude
02-11-2011, 6:53 AM
Well I broke down and went to Sportman's to DROS one(Brand new Henry for $220) yesterday, now the wait begins. I should have done it a day or two earlier, because I won't get it until late Sunday. Not much time to shoot during the week.....

novabrian
02-11-2011, 7:19 AM
This is my charter arms care of my father. He purchased it in the 70's sometime. It was not lubed, cleaned, or altered until a few years ago. It shot perfect until I altered it. I ordered parts from ar-7 dot com. The kit looks cool. But I have to say that the craftmanship on their parts is equally as bad as the original parts. Neddles to say I love this thing and will pass it on to my children someday. I still kept the original parts. Accuracy is par for a plinker. It is neither precise nor innaccurate.

Wow! That all fits in that stock? I have to see that! :D

FARRIER
02-11-2011, 9:31 AM
Well I can't just go and show you. It's like a puzzle getting it to fit in that faux buffer tube.

AngryPossum
02-11-2011, 9:40 AM
Mine is a total POS. I'll have to dig it out to find out the manufacturer. Ive seen a couple threads on them recently and I think I'm finally inspired enough to tinker with it. I have another AR-7 (minus receiver and butstock) which I plan to swap out parts with in hopes to fix it up. It's the most unreliable .22 I've ever had, but its a neat/fun little plinker. Its great for camping too. I have never been able to get through a mag without a issue of some kind occurring. Mine is a much older version then any of these fancy camo ones I have been seeing lately or the one in the beginning of this thread. Maybe newer versions are more reliable?

pilote
02-11-2011, 9:56 AM
Well I broke down and went to Sportman's to DROS one(Brand new Henry for $220) yesterday, now the wait begins. I should have done it a day or two earlier, because I won't get it until late Sunday. Not much time to shoot during the week.....

cci minimags; break it in with at least 100rds of minimags...then see how it feeds using cci blazer...and if i feeds consistently with it, don't go cheaper than blazer; federal bulk fouls too much too fast and you will have jams, remington gb's are even worse (and don't even think about using thunderbolts)...velocitors and stingers are sensational with it...

stick to good high velocity ammo and your henry will be a happy camper...

G lock
02-11-2011, 10:16 AM
32FgaIb66bM

according to nutn, the papoose cycles federal bulk ammo and is reliable if not more

kimmy
02-12-2011, 7:47 PM
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd499/eltech/abd6fedb-1.jpg

Coded-Dude
02-28-2011, 8:27 AM
I started it out with blazer ammo and it fed just fine. put about 100-150 rounds through it.

I had my GF with me and she was talking to one of the club/range members about guns, becoming a member, etc. He walked up to us later and gave us about 50-75 rounds of ammo to shoot. I gladly accepted it and tried it out(a box of thunderbolt and a handful of misc ammo).

with the ammo he gave i had two rounds that had issues. both times the spent cartridge got stuck in the barrel and i had to pop them out with a rod. other than that i had no issues.

we were shooting targets at 50yds through the peephole. although we were spotting each other, so once we started hitting bullseye we were able to maintain decent groups. I'll try and post a couple pics of our targets later.

all in all i'm glad i bought this rifle. its definitely a fun little plinker.

Bull's_eye
02-28-2011, 10:44 AM
I have one. I don't like like the peep hole sight, but I have a scope on mine and with that it's fun to shoot. Have only used Blazer ammo so far, the standard velocity stuff jams constantly, but the high velocity works fine. Fun little gun.

Coded-Dude
02-28-2011, 10:51 AM
yeah the peephole is not good for much of anything past 25yds. I plan on throwing a cheap-o wal-mart scope(or something similar) on it before too long. we were going to shoot 25yds, but the place was getting packed with people wanting to shoot pistols so we moved to a rifle bench(and they start at 50yds). I told my GF if she can hit the paper(printed targets on standard letter sized paper) from 50yds that she'll be a crack shot at shorter distances in no time.

morrcarr67
02-28-2011, 4:24 PM
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd499/eltech/abd6fedb-1.jpg

That looks like a Feather Industries AT-22. I had one wish I never sold it. It looks like you can still get new ones but for over $350. I know I paid way less then that for mine.

Hump0311
03-31-2011, 2:22 PM
Just came across these while looking for a good survival b.o.b rifle. Trying to find one for a little under $200. The cheapest I found was $212 at budsgunshop.

Coded-Dude
03-31-2011, 2:28 PM
that's about what i paid for mine as well(may have been $220). i went ahead and pulled the trigger because i prefer instant gratification(give or take 10 days - lol)

yellowfin
05-01-2011, 6:34 PM
My wife needs a lightweight .22 and take down is VERY nice for travel and inconspicuous family trips. This might work very well.

Coded-Dude
05-01-2011, 8:44 PM
it is definitely a fun gun.........i would recommend it to anyone looking to buy a nice break down .22 rifle.

immaculate
05-23-2011, 1:15 PM
I read this thread and purchased a Henry AR7 from Turners for ~$300 OTD. I had the opportunity to try it out at my local range this last weekend (after not being raptured) and was very pleased with it. I had concerns that it would be a "jammomatic," that accuracy wouldn't be good, etc. Completely unfounded.

I fed mine 100 rounds of 40grn round nose CCI Mini-Mag and didn't experience any failures. Offhand, I could easily put 10 rounds into a 1 3/4" group @ 25 yards. The trigger on this gun is very heavy, but workable. The only negative that I experienced was the propensity for the ring that secures the barrel to the receiver coming loose after 40 rounds or so. This could be an issue if you don't pay attention or torque it down tightly before you commence firing.

To make things even better, I called Henry looking to buy some extra magazines for my rifle (mine was missing one when I bought it and the stock can hold 3 total). The lady I spoke to went ahead and sent me two for free. Great customer service!

edit for clarity: mine is the newer black model with the orange insert in the stock.

cannon
05-23-2011, 1:36 PM
I bought an AR 7 from a Big 5 back in the late seventies. Still have it and shoot about once a year. Neat little rifle that has never given me a problem.

evollep3
05-23-2011, 1:42 PM
the AR7 is efinately a novelty but if it was me for surival it would be my M6 shooting 22lr and 410

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/Evollep3/DSC05704copy.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/Evollep3/DSC05702.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/Evollep3/DSC05700.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/Evollep3/DSC05691.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/Evollep3/DSC05671.jpg

bohoki
05-23-2011, 2:33 PM
haa just take the triggerguard off the m6 that way it folds flat as it was intended

i used to have a mitchell arms telestock but it kept sliding over my shoulder the butt angle is just wrong i sold it on ebay for $125

it is neat if you want multi positions you can cut new grooves with a chainsaw round file to those who are not familiar it locks with springloaded ball bearings

i still have the extended bolt handle from the kit but you can keep your bolt handle out by using some rubber tubing or sticking a fired 22lr casing behind it