View Full Version : Firearms Release

01-04-2011, 8:06 AM
Had a restraining order in place during my divorce. It expired over 2 years ago. A friend of mine with an FFL has been holding my guns. DOJ inspector told him he cannot release to me without a release from the court and that the expiration date on the original order is not enough. What form (Calif. Superior Court, Los Angeles County) do I use or what is the procedure. DOJ inspector stated that I must pay the 35.00 fee for each gun as if I am purchasnig the guns.
Any info/advice would be very much appreciated

Josey Wales
01-04-2011, 8:25 AM
You need to file a CR165 with the court. http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/documents/cr165.pdf

You should be in the clear from there. Any transfer fees will be dealt with your FFL.