PDA

View Full Version : Dad is leaving the country and giving me his guns

Steyr_223
01-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Dad is moving to the Philippines in a few weeks and wants to give me his guns.

He is leaving me some pistols and two rifles. Do I need to go through an FFL or do any other paper work?

None of them are AWs.

TIA

G-forceJunkie
01-03-2011, 10:59 PM
You can fill out this form to put the handguns in your name. I do not know if it is manditory or not. But, no FFL needed for any transfer, assuming you and dad both live in California.
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/oplaw.pdf

jtmkinsd
01-03-2011, 11:01 PM

He is leaving me some pistols and two rifles. Do I need to go through an FFL or do any other paper work?

None of them are AWs.

TIA

As long as none of the firearms are assault weapons, and as was said, you are both CA residents, you can fill out the Intrafamilial form and mail it in. If Dad is a resident of another State, you'll have to go through an FFL.

Steyr_223
01-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Cool thanks! Yes, we are both in California and residents..Will print out and complete..

gravedigger
01-04-2011, 7:03 AM

None of them are AWs.

TIA

No, because your dad gave those guns to you over 20 years ago, RIGHT?

Chris M
01-04-2011, 7:17 AM
The 2 rifles require no paperwork. He simply hands them to you, and tells you "These are yours now." 100% legal. Only the handguns require the paperwork.

hawk1
01-04-2011, 7:21 AM

None of them are AWs.

TIA

Please, you've been around here for how long and you have to ask that question...:sleeping:

Stop posting trivial TMZ information and pay attention!...:D

Python2
01-04-2011, 8:14 AM

None of them are AWs.

TIA

Heh, I bet your Dad decided to move there so he can legally own a full auto AW and go fishing and hunting without the need of a license :D

liketoshoot
01-04-2011, 8:15 AM
why doesn't he take them with him? I have a friend there that has some great guns, he said the laws are close to Arizona's.

Python2
01-04-2011, 8:26 AM
why doesn't he take them with him? I have a friend there that has some great guns, he said the laws are close to Arizona's.

Nope, not allowed by law. More of a headache than its worth. Better buy it there.
Nope, the laws are not even close to Arizona unless you want to own them illigally.
1. You need a license renewable every two years just to own a FA.
2. You need a separate license to CCW outside your home renewable every year. Even if you have CCW you are not allowed to waist carry (new restriction imposed by the CPNP.
3. You are not allowed to open carry unless you are in uniform.

I should know, I have both 1 and 2.

The good thing is you can legally own a full auto FA.:) I am tempted but it cost three times the cost of a semi-auto AR15 here.

rromeo
01-04-2011, 9:06 AM
Three times a semi auto is still one third of a full auto here.

Python2
01-04-2011, 9:49 AM
Three times a semi auto is still one third of a full auto here.

I know, that is why I am very very tempted. Lets see when I get there Feb. I am eyeing either the Norinco M4 for about $1800 plus $200 license, Norinco AK47 for about $1200 plus $200 license or Norinco MP5 for about $2500 plus $200 license:D Add another 50% more on US made but nah for me. I will need a larger safe to store it when I come back to the US if I decide to get one.:)

liketoshoot
01-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Nope, not allowed by law. More of a headache than its worth. Better buy it there.
Nope, the laws are not even close to Arizona unless you want to own them illigally.
1. You need a license renewable every two years just to own a FA.
2. You need a separate license to CCW outside your home renewable every year. Even if you have CCW you are not allowed to waist carry (new restriction imposed by the CPNP.
3. You are not allowed to open carry unless you are in uniform.

I should know, I have both 1 and 2.

The good thing is you can legally own a full auto FA.:) I am tempted but it cost three times the cost of a semi-auto AR15 here.

my bad, I was thinking of Guam.

Steyr_223
01-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Dad is getting a 1911 first then a shotgun..He is Filipino, loves his .45 ACP 1911's...Then maybe a select fire AR

;)

Lots of places to shoot

http://www.ppsa.org.ph/gun%20club/gun%20club.html

The Phillpines has a long history of gun ownership by Citizens..

From 1949..A saleswoman standing behind the counter of the Xavier gun store.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/50646216.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A1465822B4509DA1CC8BE81CD492EF1E4FD BF89D5613017BF67B01E70F2B3269972

Stonewalker
01-04-2011, 12:59 PM
I thought firearm ownership in the Philippines was heavily restricted right now... There is a lot of 'political eliteness' over there isn't there? Democratically elected politicians basically being royalty?

Python2
01-04-2011, 1:52 PM
I thought firearm ownership in the Philippines was heavily restricted right now... There is a lot of 'political eliteness' over there isn't there? Democratically elected politicians basically being royalty?

Restricted by money yes, absolutely. Compare a locally made Armscor 1911 45acp that cost about 30K pesos plus 6K license to an average worker that makes 250 pesos a day. If you want to go Kimber, that will be about 100K easy. Because of cost, there are millions of loose firearms in the country. Even the good quality "Paltik" (home made FA) cost about 5K.

I cannot think of any that money cant buy in the Philippines.

@Steyr
Heck, I am like your Dad,:) My first purchase few years ago was a 1911 followed by a Mosberg shotty then a G19 in the Philippines. G19 is my carry when I am in town. Oh, is your Dad senior citizen? CCW is discounted if he is, from 4K down to 150. Average CCW cost about 10K pesos yearly if processed thru a gun store. If DIY it will run you about 6K, if senior about 2.2K. Did not know it until recently. I plan to DIY my renewal.

I am also very very tempted to acquire an M4 select fire. Tempted enough that I went ahead bought a stashed of 5.56 ammo and multiples of high cap mag from a friend when offered a good deal :D

Make sure your Dad carry all the time,

G38xOC
01-04-2011, 1:57 PM
free guns . COOL

bootcamp
01-04-2011, 2:01 PM
Restricted by money yes, absolutely. Compare a locally made Armscor 1911 45acp that cost about 30K pesos plus 6K license to an average worker that makes 250 pesos a day. If you want to go Kimber, that will be about 100K easy. Because of cost, there are millions of loose firearms in the country. Even the good quality "Paltik" (home made FA) cost about 5K.

I cannot think of any that money cant buy in the Philippines.

@Steyr
Heck, I am like your Dad,:) My first purchase few years ago was a 1911 followed by a Mosberg shotty then a G19 in the Philippines. G19 is my carry when I am in town. Oh, is your Dad senior citizen? CCW is discounted if he is, from 4K down to 150. Average CCW cost about 10K pesos yearly if processed thru a gun store. If DIY it will run you about 6K, if senior about 2.2K. Did not know it until recently. I plan to DIY my renewal.

I am also very very tempted to acquire an M4 select fire. Tempted enough that I went ahead bought a stashed of 5.56 ammo and multiples of high cap mag from a friend when offered a good deal :D

Make sure your Dad carry all the time,

Do you have the information/website for the Senior Citizen CCW? My pop is there right now and he was intending to get this done.

Of course he's always with someone who is carrying anyway but he wants one for himself.

We've got fully auto m2 carbines and other toys over there.

Python2
01-04-2011, 2:31 PM
Do you have the information/website for the Senior Citizen CCW? My pop is there right now and he was intending to get this done.

Of course he's always with someone who is carrying anyway but he wants one for himself.

We've got fully auto m2 carbines and other toys over there.

He has to apply personally to FED in Crame to avail the discount, that is the condition. I have the pdf file of the latest PTCOR application with fees noted. Not sure how to attach here but if you PM me your email, I will attach it then or your pop can go to Crame to get the application.